Which BB's?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm trying to decide what to do with my rifs BB wise.
Should I run the same thing in all of 'em, just for expedience' sake?
Or should I vary depending on the rif?
At the moment, I've been doing this:
.25 BB blaster biodegradeable in ARP9 / Nuprol defender / WE18c (w crazy jet barrel / maple leaf rubber and h plate)
.28 Geoff's in Mk23 / MWS
.36 Longbow in MK23 (w tdc plate)

However, I've just about run out of the .25's and .28s.
And I've just loaded up the MK23 with the .36s, but fuck me, they're expensive.
In the cupboard I have left 1000 each of Geoff's .36 & .4 and .36 & .4 Longbow.
And the ARP9 drum mag is full (1500).

So I'm wondering where do I go from here?
Should I switch everything to one BB? If so, what?
Or should I vary depending on the rif?
In which case, any help is very welcome!
TIA 😁

• Supporters

You could try standardising to one weight, but I doubt it would be beneficial.

I use 2 weights, currently, .25s in my main assault guns and G18c, and .4s in Mk23 and Sniper.

Ideally I would like different weights in each, but it gets costly and fiddly as I guess you have found out!

Ideally, in your shoes, you’d want .28s for everything apart from Mk23 and possibly MWS, and possibly .36-.4s for the Mk23 and MWS(dunno if it can lift .4s)

15 minutes ago, Prisce said:

You could try standardising to one weight, but I doubt it would be beneficial.

I use 2 weights, currently, .25s in my main assault guns and G18c, and .4s in Mk23 and Sniper.

Ideally I would like different weights in each, but it gets costly and fiddly as I guess you have found out!

Ideally, in your shoes, you’d want .28s for everything apart from Mk23 and possibly MWS, and possibly .36-.4s for the Mk23 and MWS(dunno if it can lift .4s)

Thanks dude! Which brands do you use of those? 

• Supporters

Currently I use ASG blasters for .2 and .25, and I use Geoff’s for .4g(and bigger). This will probably change in the near future, but I shall let everyone know if it does!

I got .28 for my tri-shot as it really improves grouping and overall range and I put them in the KWC G17c as well, purely out of ease and convenience. They fly just as well as .25's in the pistol so I figure why not.

I may even increase the weight of the bb I put in the tri-shot when I next restock and I'll probably stick the same ones in the Glock again too.

• Supporters

For me If it’s electric it’s blaster .25’s , if it’s gas it’s .28’s and my bolts all get Geoff’s .38’s .

but if I’m running my support gun I do run a mix of .2’s&.25’s get a larger spread when firing .

I go for 0.28's for my AEG's as a preference (or 0.25s if money feels tight when I'm ordering, but I don't like mixing them as I never know whats in what mag then... right pita).  I tend to go for Zeroones own brand at about £12 for 5000  which seem fairly reasonable for me (if money was no object I would probably go for Blaster Devils though, as they have always seemed 'better' for some reason, more consistent maybe, the odd occasion I have tried them).

m

For me it's a combo of what the chrono says (I check for fps & joules), hop lift and also what fires most accurately at the distance I'd engage.

Ak74u -  0.3 Geoffs

Glocks -  .25 Nuprol RZR

VSR -  .43 Geoffs

Derringer -  .28 Nuprol RZR

I don't mind multiple weights of BB as it's perfromance that counts imho. Chances are very low of carrying all these RIFs at once so most likely 2 weights at any one time. I find these weights most accurate whilst maintaining a decent enough speed and range. These are betwen 280 & 340 fps with the specified weights (one exception is the derringer being a fun gun and I haven't chrono'd or fielded it yet).

I only run one type and weight of bb.

The draft club .28 bb's. I can honestly say they are the best i have ever put through any of my aeg's or gbb pistols.

19 minutes ago, ghostwalker said:

I only run one type and weight of bb.

The draft club .28 bb's. I can honestly say they are the best i have ever put through any of my aeg's or gbb pistols.

Where do you get yours?  Had a look on the website I found on google and it seems out of stock.

Cheers

G

I always buy direct from The Draft Club themselves. First time i have seen them go out of stock though (glad i bought 2 bottles 2 weeks back now)

General rule.. Aeg at 350 run .28. 300-330 I’d drop to a .25...

mk23... assuming you’ve done the TDC mod and all that good stuff, .36-.43. If you want max accuracy at its max range go for the heavier. If you’re engaging at 30-50m then the .36 will get there quicker so Would be more beneficial. 

Is the mws stock? Assuming the hop is untouched and it’s shooting 330-350 I’d use .3 as that’s usually the max the hollow nub can lift. If it’s modified with a solid nub or a upgraded arm etc .32-.36 is where I’d be looking. 

Archived