UBACS with wicking

FreeFrag.UK
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all,

Just looking for some recommendations for a UBACS with wicking. I was considering picking up a surplus one but I'd ideally like to find a decent one which doesn't break the bank that could be used as an everyday item of clothing.

• Supporters

The issued one wicks extremely fast and given the supply available it's the best quality you'll find for the money.  I genuinely can't comprehend the notion of wearing a combat shirt as part of normal clothing but if you want a plain colour like blue or grey they're out there, 5.11 etc.  Just look at the product description and make sure the torso is made of a synthetic fabric like a sports shirt (usually polyester), not cotton.

I'm intending to use it for other physical activities but to be honest after having a look around I'll probably just get a surplus one.

Thank you for your reply and your advice, it's greatly appreciated.

If it's just wicking you're after there are plenty of sport available ones. The only reason I use UBAC is for the arm protection in airsoft. I have both MTP army issue and an emerson (I think) Krytpec Typhon one. Great for airsoft. Bit cold for everyday wear.

Archived