My special forces loadout

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've been airsofting for almost 7 years now, on and off, and after acquiring my most recent RIF; I've decided to upload a few photos of my current loadout. It's supposed to imitate that of the British SAS. Got inspiration from Call of duty and ultimate force. Here's what what I have so far. 

I use the discontinued DPM camo (MTP sucks) smock and trousers, fleece for cold conditions, fingerless gloves and a shemagh or scrim scarf. 

Over my uniform is the 95 pattern webbing with a 40L patrol pack for my extra equipment. 

My weapons consist of either a G&P M16 with an under barrel m203 and a 2500rnd drum magazine, or an A&k FN Minimi if I'm playing the role of support gunner. 

My sidearm is a Sig P229 (Really want a Browning high power though) 

Finally I use a Motorola UHF Radio with a throat or ear mic depending on my loadout. 

Let me know what you guys think. 

IMG_20180429_164924.jpg

IMG_20180429_164834.jpg

IMG_20180429_162732.jpg

IMG_20180429_162626.jpg

IMG_20180429_164901.jpg

IMG_20180429_161151.jpg

IMG_20180429_162100.jpg

• Supporters

Not a bad start matey , I take it your going for a 90’s to early 2000’s sort of vibe ?

you could get the WE browning with the hideous leaf sight and mod it in too a ‘bog standard’ one or get a Beretta M9 , more period accurate . Ditch the webbing and get a load bearing vest instead or if your sticking with the webbing parr it down to just the mag pouches and a couple of water bottle pouches and ditch the yoke back then the Hereford hooligans used belt order mainly with a roll pin belt buckle (usually nicked from the cargo net in the back of a Hercules!) no yoke or if the did have any they were very light weight shoulder straps . Also change over too mid caps British army never used double snail drum mags !   

Heres a couple of links for you ,

https://www.cadetdirect.com/kit-layouts-index

https://www.arrse.co.uk/wiki/The_Basics

And a pic of belt order from Dixie’s corner , THE sas go too kit shop ! 

7936E396-06B4-4C98-8340-DF65C01DCC00.jpeg

Thanks for post druid, you seem to know your stuff. I actually have the vest but I'm not that keen on it, and as for the webbing I have thought about downsizing as I find it hard most around  sometimes. I'll have to check out the belt kit. Interesting note, I live in Hereford. Maybe that's why I'm going for the special forces look. Also I understand that the British army never used the drum mags but I just couldn't resist. That's just for my benefit. The m16 looks so bad arse with it! If you haven't noticed yet, I'm a spray and pray guy :D

• Supporters

No probs matey , I’m an old git and was in the army during that period , I was a medic and worked a bit with them (not on missions or any thing like that !) just during selection and training I was always doing med cover ! 😂 but I did get too see and collect a lot of there kit (considering what they did they were some of the nicest guys you’ll ever meet) and they’d always be chucking spare kit at the guys helping them on exercise and what not so got to pick up a ‘wee bit’ of knowledge about them .😉

Ps there’s nothing wrong with a bit of spray and pray ! Especially when you back it up with a moscart right up Main Street ! 😵

1 hour ago, SurreySkirmisher21 said:

Thanks for post druid, you seem to know your stuff. I actually have the vest but I'm not that keen on it, and as for the webbing I have thought about downsizing as I find it hard most around  sometimes. I'll have to check out the belt kit. Interesting note, I live in Hereford. Maybe that's why I'm going for the special forces look. Also I understand that the British army never used the drum mags but I just couldn't resist. That's just for my benefit. The m16 looks so bad arse with it! If you haven't noticed yet, I'm a spray and pray guy :D

Went skirmishing using DPM today.  First time I used my assault vest.  Was a bit fiddly for getting mags out, reloading.

Might have to get a molle vest to go with the DPM, but will try using PLCE first.

Cheers

G

Yeah I always felt them to be too bulky and fiddly, especially when adjusting the straps. 

14 minutes ago, SurreySkirmisher21 said:

Yeah I always felt them to be too bulky and fiddly, especially when adjusting the straps. 

Bulk was ok, but I was coming down from Osprey MkIV, now that is bulk 😉.

I just found it a faff to get mags out, ended up using a pocket in the trousers to hold the spare mag, was using fast mag/hi cap so two were typically enough for each event.  When I did need the mid caps in the vest, it was a bugger to get them out.

I was only carrying mags, if I was carrying other stuff it would have even been harder.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, SurreySkirmisher21 said:

First thing i did with my vest was hack off the buckles and straps and swap for Velcro , only takes an hr or so , changes the vest for the better ! 😎

Velcro might help, but it was more the position of the pouches, and having to twist round to get out a mag.

Cheers

G

Just saw this,

http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/Web-Tex-MLCE-Chest-Harness_A1B013.aspx?nh=281823

Webtex made the vest, was the above also Army Issue?

Cheers

G

That looks alright to be honest, especially with the asking price. Only thing is, I never find use for chest rigs. Only have a few mags; and until the day comes when I get a camel bag, I need a couple of pouches for canteens. I've been playing around with my webbing and I find it's a lot better having the belt with ammo and utility pouches on the side, connected to a shoulder holster. Druid was right, removing the yoke is a lot better. 

• Supporters
7 hours ago, MisterG said:

Just saw this,

http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/Web-Tex-MLCE-Chest-Harness_A1B013.aspx?nh=281823

Webtex made the vest, was the above also Army Issue?

Cheers

G

Even the cheap arses at the MOD have a limit to what shit they’d issue ! 😱😂

webtex is just plain nasty for the price , if you do want to go cheap’n’cheerful then look at either surplus or a brand like 8fields .👍

Archived