Can you help me out with pistol holster choice?

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I want to run a universal holster off a molle belt.

I don't want the Warrior holster because I don't like holsters that show a lot of slide. I have also written off hard shell holsters because I cannot afford a Blackhawk Omnivore at UK prices.

So that means having to choose between two of the soft types:

http://www.military1st.co.uk/fy-hr-b006-cb-flyye-right-handed-pistol-holster-coyote-brown.html

or

http://www.military1st.co.uk/ma69-498-condor-vt-holster-coyote-brown.html

I like Flyye products and I like the look of their holster, but it has only one row of molle and very short straps and I don't like the second retaining strap. Other makers like One Tigris do a similar holster with two rows of molle but no space between them.

The Condor wrap around type (I think they are called  Tornado holsters) has three rows of molle and much longer straps. I don't know how well these sort of holsters secure the gun. One Tigris makes a similar one that uses two straps which enfold the holster, but it is only available in black. https://www.amazon.co.uk/OneTigris-Minimalist-MOLLE-Pistol-Holster/dp/B01F3M260G

I think Emerson and other companies also make versions of these holsters.

Of the two types which do you think offers the most security for a heavy gun? By security I mean which is most likely to be held in place during hard usage.

Do you really need me to say it? 😃

https://www.amazon.co.uk/OneTigris-Molle-Holster-Black-Handed/dp/B016XX9DWI?th=1&psc=1

Available in black, olive and tan.

I have it in black for my glock. It has a mag pouch on it too and I also had a second mag pouch attached to a drop leg. With the 2 Co2 mags + 1 in the gun it was super heavy, too heavy for a drop leg but the holster held it all very well. Now on my molle melt and it sits lovely IMO. 

• Moderators

As Duff said, I’ve got it in coyote and black on belts and does the job.... well looks ok!

will try it next week I hope as not finished sanding my  IMI one yet!! :lol: :lol:

For many more pennies the Warrior Assault Systems universal pistol holster is a good choice too. Not had the chance to compare one to the on tigris one so can't comment on how they compare.

sleepy head is sleepy. Just saw you didnt like the WAS one. Apologies. I blame it on being stuck in a 40 degree frying area in a chip shop last night.

• Supporters
On 4/28/2018 at 2:41 PM, emilianoksa said:

The Condor wrap around type (I think they are called  Tornado holsters) has three rows of molle and much longer straps. I don't know how well these sort of holsters secure the gun. One Tigris makes a similar one that uses two straps which enfold the holster, but it is only available in blackhttps://www.amazon.co.uk/OneTigris-Minimalist-MOLLE-Pistol-Holster/dp/B01F3M260G

Errmmmm....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/OneTigris-Minimalist-MOLLE-Pistol-Holster/dp/B01F3M26A6?th=1

• Supporters

May be an obvious question but have you looked on fleabay ? 

Theres a hundred and one different ones on there , would think you must be able to find at least  one on there for a hell of a lot less than 24 quid for poxy 1tigris one ! 😂

Just now, emilianoksa said:

Missed that.

Thanks for the reference.

47 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

May be an obvious question but have you looked on fleabay ? 

Theres a hundred and one different ones on there , would think you must be able to find at least  one on there for a hell of a lot less than 24 quid for poxy 1tigris one ! 😂

The ones on fleabay may be cheaper but are they likely to be any better than the 1 Tigris? They might be worse. But I suppose they are all made in the same Chinese factory.

What's wrong with 1Tigris anyway?

Serious question.

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

What's wrong with 1Tigris anyway?

Serious question.

For the money? Nothing really.

• Supporters

Valid point about the cheapo ones on fleabay , but I’m also a great believer in they all come out of the same factories , only diffrence is possibly the QC on them . To o be honest though do we really put them under that much strain airsofting ? I’ve always bought them and in 18+yrs I’ve never personally or spoken to any one who’ve had one fail under normal use , I have seen them fail on combat bunnies (you know the type diving and rolling around as if there in a John Woo film !  🤦‍♂ ) but then I’ve also seen a real Fobus get ripped off one of those donkeys as well so think it’ll hold up ! 😂

To me mate comes down to how much your willing and want to pay really .👍

• Supporters

I’m a WAS universal holder lover too, thing is awesome, low profile, secure, just perfect for what we use it for. And drawing it is so easy.

We did a little Mexican stand off with different holsters a couple of months ago, and if I could shoot straight, I would have got 3 before they had got me. Takes literally 2 seconds to draw and fire.

• Supporters
36 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

Warrior UPH is really the best does-all holster.

Unless you want a torch on your pistol...

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

Bruv, just go all FBI X-Files stance

landscape_ustv-x-files.jpg

Too slow innit bruv. 

• Moderators

just dont get the IMI one for a TM glk 17, you'll need some time and some sandpaper!!:lol::lol:....learnt my lesson!

will see what deals UKT have over bank hols and look at the UPH;)

Well I've finally seen sense and decided that the Warrior AS holster is probably the best universal holster available at a reasonable price. 

I took a much closer look at it, and although I still prefer a gun slide to be completely covered for aesthetic reasons, I have to admit that it is a very secure system and doesn't look as bad as I thought it would.

I didn't realise that it was a thumb operated  active retention holster and I hadn't realised how cleverly it is put together in order to adapt to many gun types. I like the Blackhawk Omnivore but it is an ugly big lump and nearly 60 quid in the UK. 

I still like the 1Tigris and other soft holsters, but I have heard they have a tendency to lose mags when the user is forced into tight positions.

• Supporters
24 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

Well I've finally seen sense and decided that the Warrior AS holster is probably the best universal holster available at a reasonable price. 

I took a much closer look at it, and although I still prefer a gun slide to be completely covered for aesthetic reasons, I have to admit that it is a very secure system and doesn't look as bad as I thought it would.

I didn't realise that it was a thumb operated  active retention holster and I hadn't realised how cleverly it is put together in order to adapt to many gun types. I like the Blackhawk Omnivore but it is an ugly big lump and nearly 60 quid in the UK. 

I still like the 1Tigris and other soft holsters, but I have heard they have a tendency to lose mags when the user is forced into tight positions.

Won't regret it best universal holster for not silly money you can get.

• Supporters

I think it depends on the pistol and where the mag release is. I had it with my old M9A1 in a universal holster.

My 8fields universal holster has the habit of pressing the mag release on my tm sig.  I have had mags fly out before as i walk. And once, embarassingly lost a duel as mine didnt fire due to the mag being half ejected. I had the drop on him and everything

Archived