EVO Fire Selector Delete

warlord

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Many thanks to @ImTriggerHappy the minute my shiny new ASG Scorpion Evo A1 came through the door the 3D printed selector deletes were waiting for it.

Not having taken an Evo apart before I found it quite a challenge. There is a good video online by Patrol Base that disassembles one, but it missed out one vital screw - The one inside the trigger guard.

To remove the lower receiver you need to:

• Press out the pin (where the stock clips in when folded)
  • Remove the motor from the hand grip by removing the two outer hex screws (don't touch the big centre hex as that's motor height adjuster)
  • Remove the hand grip. by removing the two hex screws on either side and the four small hex screws from deep inside the grip. Make sure they don't fall into the gearbox!
  • Remove the hex screw inside the trigger guard. You'll want a longish allen key to go through the hole in the hand guard
  • Then pull the lower receiver down and off.
  • You can then position the fire selector(s) so you can get at the tiny hex grub screw that hold them onto the inner gear.
  • Once you have loosened the grub screw the inner gear will pull off and you can then replace the outer selector with the replacement indicator.
  • Take the tiny grub screw from the existing fire select lever and fit it into the 3D printed replacement indicator
  • To get the right one fitted make sure it mirrors the gear positioning and indication mark position of the opposite side
  • Reassemble and take regular deep breaths as you swear about trying to get those four tiny screws back into the hand grip.

20180427_163652-COLLAGE.thumb.jpg.a4e24fbe3e1ff0a156c0789bd5a95a40.jpg

Great idea, my G36c has that problem from time for time.  How easy was it to make?

Cheers

G

• Supporters

Unless ASG have changed something very recently you should of been able to remove selector without disassembling gun. You can turn the selector to the right position and unscrew the grub screw with a ball ended allen key. I have done a few in the safezone between games, takes less than 2 minutes.

6 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Do you want one or have I already done your gun?

I think we spoke briefly about it on the mall sadly didn't get to follow up on it. If you're available then sure i'll take you up on your offer no rush though!

8 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

If you have access to a 3d printer it is simple enough.

Unfortunately I don't, but there are sites that can print if I have a design.  How tricky is creating the design?

• 1 year later...

Been arguing with mine for a while @ImTriggerHappy the blank doesn’t seem to fit flush, looks like the little wire needs pushing backwards, is this the case? Or am I doing something wrong? 

Done it!!

Used a little flathead screw driver to push the wire back and managed to fit the blank. 

It shoots fine and works perfectly so I assume the wire popped back into place properly!! 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

Done it!!

Used a little flathead screw driver to push the wire back and managed to fit the blank. 

It shoots fine and works perfectly so I assume the wire popped back into place properly!! 

Yes mate it's just a shaped to fit torsion spring that sits inside the selector.

See 2 minute job.

14 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

See 2 minute job.

Significantly longer for me, but if I were to do it again it would be :D 

14 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Yes mate it's just a shaped to fit torsion spring that sits inside the selector.

See 2 minute job.

I applied much pressure to seat the blank on mine to get it flush. I think the key is sliding it in at an angle to catch this spring wire and push it aside perhaps? 

my selector is a bit naff at no fault to the blank plate  it just seems to be a evo thing. I've seen a mod on the FB group for evos saying to take those 2 wire springs out and bend them out then put them back it to make shifting crisper. Currently I need to go from safe,semi,3round back to semi for it to be stiff in semi otherwise if I just go save,semi a slight 1mm push on the fire selector prevents it from firing but if I move from 3 round to semi then any pressure applied to the fire selector doesn't effect the firing at all. Don't want to split it yet to try the wire bending fix as with the blanking plate and  going from 3 round to semi I have had no cause of complaints with it just a bit of a faff at game start to click it around to semi. 

• Supporters
25 minutes ago, Musica said:

I applied much pressure to seat the blank on mine to get it flush. I think the key is sliding it in at an angle to catch this spring wire and push it aside perhaps? 

my selector is a bit naff at no fault to the blank plate  it just seems to be a evo thing. I've seen a mod on the FB group for evos saying to take those 2 wire springs out and bend them out then put them back it to make shifting crisper. Currently I need to go from safe,semi,3round back to semi for it to be stiff in semi otherwise if I just go save,semi a slight 1mm push on the fire selector prevents it from firing but if I move from 3 round to semi then any pressure applied to the fire selector doesn't effect the firing at all. Don't want to split it yet to try the wire bending fix as with the blanking plate and  going from 3 round to semi I have had no cause of complaints with it just a bit of a faff at game start to click it around to semi. 

The evo selector is crap to be fair

1 minute ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

The evo selector is crap to be fair

yea that and the angled pistol grip are probably my biggest issues with it. 

Equally glad I didn't get an ARP9 or MP7 which were on my list as their stock don't get the gun far enough out from my shoulder for holding the grip to be comfortable. 

With the new odin EPMs shown at shot show I could be convinced to do away with stop on empty if I can see my round count on the magazine so might follow all the advice I've  been giving s o many new starts and pick up a Specna Arms Edge as a spare/loaner. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.