AK magazines

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

What do you mean? Set up your gear lines however you want. Go experiment and see if it works for you. 

I sometimes run mags on my belt. It works fine. 

I run ak mags on a belt!

Single stack punches tend to work better, but 3 high caps on the belt and one in the gun and you're sorted for the full day.

As stated previously, the best thing to do is experiment and find out what works for you. Everyone is different and what works for one doesn't necessarily work for another.

Depends how many. I find myself using no more than 3 mags per game so far. CQB only.

So until recently I ran three in fast mag pouches on my vest and one in the RIF. But I've jsut removed the fast mags from the vest and moved only two them to the left side on a belt. So I'll run 2 + 1 in the RIF in future. They are certainly bigger than M4 mags, but regardless I found 3 M4's on the vest equally cumbersome. So if I need 3 + 1 I'll add another to the right side of the belt.

I got fed up with reloading mags so I run 7 ak mags now! 😯 4 on chest rig and 3 on a drop leg panel in elastic pouches which make for much quicker reloads.

11 minutes ago, Iisjreg said:

I got fed up with reloading mags so I run 7 ak mags now! 😯 4 on chest rig and 3 on a drop leg panel in elastic pouches which make for much quicker reloads.

If you hate it that much you could always use hi-caps :D:D:D

7 mags is way more than I want to carry.

• Supporters

AK 47 or 74?

Never had a problem with ak74 mags but AK 47 mags can be a bit unwieldy. 

• Supporters
4 hours ago, warlord said:

Depends on the mags, 7 20 round m16 mags is fine, 7 gurttrommels would be a different matter :D

6 hours ago, warlord said:

Haha, well yes it is excessive. I might eventually drop the chest rig and keep the leg mags plus a belt mag or two.

High caps are the devil's spawn!

Archived