Boots

callumbagshaw
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So it's finally time that I buy a new pair of boots....

I know it's a good idea to get a really good pair of boots but these days I'm only playing once every couple of months so I'm not sure I can warrant spending hundreds.

Seen these on Fleabay and they look OK-ish, and for the price, even if they last only a few games it's not the end of the world:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tactical-Recon-Side-Zip-Army-Patrol-Combat-Boots-Police-Security-Leather-Suede/173128331412?var=&hash=item284f40b094

Anyone got any better suggestions or valid reasons not to buy the ones in the link?

I don't mind spending up to £60-£70ish but like I said, at the moment I just can't warrant spending more than that.

Open to suggestions (must be above ankle height please).

Thanks in advance :) 

Biggest issue I would have with the ones in the link is not being able to try them first, Comfortable boots and your feet will love you, badly fitting boots and your feet will hate you and by the end of a day you wont be enjoying yourself ! why not just get down to your local outdoor store and try some Hiking boots ? plenty to be had sub £60-£70 especially in the sales. Of course I am biased since I wear my super comfortable hiking boots for airsoft too !

Are boots like this waterproof, or do the zips leak?

Cheers

G

I've almost always had a pair of surplus boots, you can get em for about £30 they are sturdy as hell I've never had a pair break I've only grown out of them and had to get a size up.

• Supporters

My last pair of completely waterproof Gore-Tex British army surplus boots only lasted 5 1/2 years of constant daily use for every purpose though, before the rubber soles wore through.  That's over £6 a year!

Comes now the "cardboard soles" brigade, but that wasn't the case on the ones that I got.  I'll stress the Gore-Tex lining, labelled as such - maybe they do special ones for REMFs that actually function as boots. ;)

For the last 3 years i have the same pair of Haix boots that are issued to our forces. They have been through everything, swampy water, snow upto my knees, sand, mud, 80 degree hot airsoft days. Still pretty much as good as new now.

I was dubious at first, but they are some of the best boots i have ever owned.

5 hours ago, callumbagshaw said:

So it's finally time that I buy a new pair of boots....

I know it's a good idea to get a really good pair of boots but these days I'm only playing once every couple of months so I'm not sure I can warrant spending hundreds.

Seen these on Fleabay and they look OK-ish, and for the price, even if they last only a few games it's not the end of the world:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tactical-Recon-Side-Zip-Army-Patrol-Combat-Boots-Police-Security-Leather-Suede/173128331412?var=&hash=item284f40b094

Anyone got any better suggestions or valid reasons not to buy the ones in the link?

I don't mind spending up to £60-£70ish but like I said, at the moment I just can't warrant spending more than that.

Open to suggestions (must be above ankle height please).

Thanks in advance :) 

Get some Viper boots they have zips on the side for easy on/off without adjusting the laces flea bay approx £60

Yet another vote for Haix gore-tex boots.

Have a pair of Haix Scout (mid length ones) for over 3 years. They are worn almost daily and with a little  breaking in are like a pair of slippers comfort wise. 

They are a little more expensive, but well worth it IMO.

HTH

alan

On 4/27/2018 at 2:25 PM, Duff said:

Decent pair of size 8's here, used for £20 posted.

Thanks mate but I need an 11 or 12 for my big feet :(

Thanks all, I'll look into the Haix! 

Archived