Is this for real?

Seany.exe
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Ok, vague clickbait title I know sorry!

So Socom tactical apparently don't sell Geoffs anymore *shrug*, while looking around I found this link, I know it's an ebay link so naturally i'm sceptical, and I can't seem to find any actual info about these ".50g" Geoffs.

Has anyone used them? And are they white? I'm pretty sure they don't exist lol. Anyway i'm probably gonna grab some .45s elsewhere but i'd like to know if there is such a thing as .5G sniper BBs

-Sean

Cool, yeah couldn't find anything about a .5g I kinda want to give it a try, just hoping they're white haha. (Nevermind just saw on ebay that they are grey) I might give them a try, I'll be sure to let you guys know the results though it's likely I still won't get to play for a few weeks :(

Come to think of it i've not seen .5g anywhere.... :rolleyes:

• Supporters

Ive seen up to .65gs before

Damn, being shot at by those must have been like the Matrix with how slow they must fly. I bet they sting a tad though :D

• Supporters
8 hours ago, Seany.exe said:

Damn, being shot at by those must have been like the Matrix with how slow they must fly. I bet they sting a tad though :D

Theres a single gun that uses them that I know of. Its a legendary (more by reputation Im sure) boltie that about every five years gets sold on for a fair bit, but apparently its hitting about 100m using .65gs. Never seen it in action but I've heard about ti from several unrelated people. Reserving judgement for when I get to use it haha.

• Root Admin
20 minutes ago, SeniorSpaz87 said:

Theres a single gun that uses them that I know of. Its a legendary (more by reputation Im sure) boltie that about every five years gets sold on for a fair bit, but apparently its hitting about 100m using .65gs. Never seen it in action but I've heard about ti from several unrelated people. Reserving judgement for when I get to use it haha.

8 hours ago, SeniorSpaz87 said:

Ive seen up to .65gs before

hmm

• Supporters

0.65g would have a density of 5747 kg/m3

Cast iron is 6800 kg/m3 . Titanium is 4500 kg/m3

The 6mm steel BB used for EN166 eye protection testing masses 0.86g.

At some point we have to ask whether it's possible to have too much of a good thing.  And also what really constitutes "plastic" for the purposes of making our toys "airsoft" guns rather than lethal barrelled firearms.

• Supporters

Those are ceramic BBs I think. Not 100% sure.

https://www.airsoftatlanta.com/products/0-69g-deathzone-40-count-white-bio-bbs

9 hours ago, Seany.exe said:

Heavy BBs fly faster. Up to 30m they are about the same as lighter. After that heavy BBs keep their speed better and get to the target faster than lighter BBs.

• Supporters
20 hours ago, proffrink said:

hmm

Seen the BBs, seen a picture of the gun, never seen the gun shoot.

Archived