Plate carrier for tmc chest rig

Shaun Haynes
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Get an HSP Flatpack/clone.  Clips in, carries your bladder, way less extra bulk/weight of cordura than a PC with a hydro pouch on the back.  Just keep the water down to about 1.5L or less, or your magpuls will be jabbing your jaw.

1 hour ago, CKinnerley said:

Get an HSP Flatpack/clone.  Clips in, carries your bladder, way less extra bulk/weight of cordura than a PC with a hydro pouch on the back.  Just keep the water down to about 1.5L or less, or your magpuls will be jabbing your jaw.

Got a  link? I've messaged  weapon762    I think I've found a pack 

• Supporters

If you want really low profile have a look at a condor hydra pack, great kit for about £33, I've linked one to my was DAR rig, sure it will work with other brands.

Tmc go a clone of the flat pack  tgat attaches to the rig so will.be ordering that    next week.  Debating about getting  one of there plate carrier tgat carry the rig  for another layer  of protection for can cause I'm a whip plus it  work with the law enforcement type loadout I'll be rocking 

• Supporters

Pointless having the flatpack if you buy a PC, you can't get at any of the stuff without taking your entire rig off once it's threaded on to the back.  Just get a cheaper hydro pouch if you're buying a plate carrier.

But also don't buy a plate carrier for the express purpose of negating feeling, a normal camo shirt provides all the BB protection anyone could ever need if that's your actual concern.

5 hours ago, CKinnerley said:

But also don't buy a plate carrier for the express purpose of negating feeling, a normal camo shirt provides all the BB protection anyone could ever need if that's your actual concern.

Wish I had known that before going for full blown Osprey PC.

Does keep in the warmth in the wind and rain.

I'll be trying just a PLCE webbing instead this weekend, if it's not too cold.

Cheers

G

12 hours ago, CKinnerley said:

Pointless having the flatpack if you buy a PC, you can't get at any of the stuff without taking your entire rig off once it's threaded on to the back.  Just get a cheaper hydro pouch if you're buying a plate carrier.

I'm sacking pc off as the one that would fit the chest rig is like £70.  And doesn't even offer any extra molle space 

• Supporters
15 hours ago, MisterG said:

Wish I had known that before going for full blown Osprey PC.

Does keep in the warmth in the wind and rain.

I'll be trying just a PLCE webbing instead this weekend, if it's not too cold.

I've said it here and other places many times, the osprey is good for people who may get blown up, bad for airsoft.  The most you want is something the same kinda size as a JPC.

I'd use some sort of PALS belt over PLCE these days just because the pouches are slow and awkward in terms of the fasteners, but on the flip side it is literally invincible stuff that'll die after you do and dirt cheap.

8 hours ago, Shaun Haynes said:

I'm sacking pc off as the one that would fit the chest rig is like £70.  And doesn't even offer any extra molle space 

£70 is a fairly cheap PC as they go, odd as that may sound.  There's loads of variants out there which can mount a chest rig but there's really no point if you're not getting shot at with real bullets; again why I said what I said in my first post.

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, CKinnerley said:

>snip<

As our resident gear whore you can probably help me. 

I am going to start running only an FMV belt but want to use as little real estate as possible. So do you know any good M4/pistol pouch sets?

I know condor do some and found a few other china crap ones but would prefer something a bit better.

Not sure if my googlefu has just failed but can't find anything that fits the bill. If not do you know a good company for making some.

2 hours ago, CKinnerley said:

£70 is a fairly cheap PC as they go, odd as that may sound.  There's loads of variants out there which can mount a chest rig but there's really no point if you're not getting shot at with real bullets; again why I said what I said in my first post.

Yeah I know  70 isn't bad money just seems silly  to spend it if i don't have  to. When it doesn't offer any really benefit to me. When I love my chest rig and my only  issues with it  I want to get back  for it which I've  order next week

Just  ordered the hs   multi mission pack  and the hs double mag wedge.   

3 pouches   cost double the amount of the original rig.  Will  use one of the mag pouch for radio pouch for as I prefer to have  it on the front of me.   

Will get the flap clone  next week 

• Supporters
10 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

As our resident gear whore you can probably help me. 

I am going to start running only an FMV belt but want to use as little real estate as possible. So do you know any good M4/pistol pouch sets?

I know condor do some and found a few other china crap ones but would prefer something a bit better.

Not sure if my googlefu has just failed but can't find anything that fits the bill. If not do you know a good company for making some.

HSGI and ESSTAC do those off the top of my head, pretty sure there's others too.

9 hours ago, Shaun Haynes said:

Yeah I know  70 isn't bad money just seems silly  to spend it if i don't have  to. When it doesn't offer any really benefit to me. When I love my chest rig and my only  issues with it  I want to get back  for it which I've  order next week

Well no that's why I said don't do it in the first place, I wasn't saying you should buy one because that amount is cheap, quite the opposite.  Just pointing out that you need to save up and be prepared to pay a bit if you decide to go for a PC down the line and you want something that'll be well made and comfortable.

Archived