Selling my soul to multi cam..

Shaun Haynes
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So after months of never saying I'll.play outdoor/milsim games again and getting rid my plate carrier and all that gear in od green. 

I'm gonna start playing more milsims so means I have to buy  all the gear again and my team normally  do them in multicam so I'm gonna sell my souls  to multicam.

But as a mtb/multiglam  vcam virgin.  Are they all kinda the same pattern Ie  do they     blend  with each other?

• Supporters

I never thought I'd see the day. 

MTP and genuine Multicam will blend as they're just a slightly different pattern. As will some knockoff replicas by brands such as Emerson and FLYYE. Be careful not to buy too cheap or the colour will be very different. They'll still kind of blend, but there's a very noticeable difference - if that's something you care about. 

Hi

One other thing I have noticed, even if the camo blends, the piping/trim on pouches may vary a lot.  E.g. Osprey pouches are trimmed in green, others I have seen it is more an olive brown, so more like a coyote tan coulour.

So ideally get the same type of pouches if that bothers you.

But if you are joining a team, suggest checking what the others are using.

Cheers

G

1 hour ago, Gepard said:

MTP and genuine Multicam will blend, they're just a slightly different pattern. As will some knockoff replicas by brands such as Emerson and FLYYE. Be careful not to buy too cheap or the colour will be very different. They'll still kind of blend, but there's a very noticeable difference - if that's something you care 

1 hour ago, Gepard said:

MTP and genuine Multicam will blend as they're just a slightly different pattern. As will some knockoff replicas by brands such as Emerson and FLYYE. Be careful not to buy too cheap or the colour will be very different. They'll still kind of blend, but there's a very noticeable difference - if that's something you care about. 

Yeah I can't  believe  it  either.  Wouldn't  be full mukticam    be rocking the black ubcas.

1 hour ago, MisterG said:

Hi

One other thing I have noticed, even if the camo blends, the piping/trim on pouches may vary a lot.  E.g. Osprey pouches are trimmed in green, others I have seen it is more an olive brown, so more like a coyote tan coulour.

So ideally get the same type of pouches if that bothers you.

But if you are joining a team, suggest checking what the others are using.

Cheers

G

Not that bothered about the pipping and long it  all kinda looks   basically  the same   I'm just worried multicam pc then  get  clone trousers  will look awful  but  I'll try to buy same brand if I can.

Forgot  how expensive   loadouts  are 

I mainly bought mine Army Surplus off eBay, wasn't too bad.  MTP is nearly double DPM though.

Cheers

G

I can’t find my big multi cam photo

Unless someone’s a camouflage geek, most people won’t tell the difference between genuine & fake multicam, mtp, vcam (i assume vforce cam?) and any of the variety of commercial clones

True multicam is made by or licensed by crye

MTP is the custom British Army design licenced from crye for the colour scheme but inspired by classic British DPM swirls

Commercial brands have used close enough colour schemes

You will see colour variation not only between the different genuine and clones, but also between specific materials, age and wear

Any proper military issue and good commercial brands are in good or decent material, my only poor one is a set of Hong Kong fake mtp which are very lightweight but have survived some abuse

Genuine issue multicam, mtp and good clones will appear to be slightly different colours in different environments and lighting, this is an optical effect as the eyes pick out key shades of the pattern

11 hours ago, Tommikka said:

I can’t find my big multi cam photo

Unless someone’s a camouflage geek, most people won’t tell the difference between genuine & fake multicam, mtp, vcam (i assume vforce cam?) and any of the variety of commercial clones

True multicam is made by or licensed by crye

MTP is the custom British Army design licenced from crye for the colour scheme but inspired by classic British DPM swirls

Commercial brands have used close enough colour schemes

You will see colour variation not only between the different genuine and clones, but also between specific materials, age and wear

Any proper military issue and good commercial brands are in good or decent material, my only poor one is a set of Hong Kong fake mtp which are very lightweight but have survived some abuse

Genuine issue multicam, mtp and good clones will appear to be slightly different colours in different environments and lighting, this is an optical effect as the eyes pick out key shades of the pattern

Ok prefect. 

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 7:19 AM, Shaun Haynes said:

Ok prefect. 

Here we go, have some comparison photos.

Assuming you see them in the order that I can see them we have:

• An eBay multicam webbing strap, that I made into a mini one-point sling / attachment  (the lighting has made it off colour)
  • Strap compared to a MOLLE vest.  If I recall correctly then that is its a Valken Vcam vest or my other generic multicam vest
  • Strap compared to MOLLE pod pouches from SpecOps paintballs multicam equivalent colour scheme (they no longer exist)
  • A couple of shots of my Multicam/MTP selection as at a few years ago
  • Strap compared to a genuine MTP smock (Its a trials version inbetween C95 cut and the new cut)
  • Strap compared to fake Hong Kong MTP
  • A collection of the strap comparisons

multicam webbing strap.png

vest possibly vcam.png

spec ops cam.png

various2.png

various.png

mtp smock.png

hk fake mtp.png

webbing strap.png

Ops Tactical probably make the best Multicam gear outside of the Gucci brands. Hueys stock it. 

• Supporters

That’s too much multicam right there. Sod that, I have 3 items, top, trousers and belt. And even that is too much sometimes.

18 hours ago, Prisce said:

That’s too much multicam right there. Sod that, I have 3 items, top, trousers and belt. And even that is too much sometimes.

Guilty as charged, generally I would mix up my kit, but then I made the team go to MTP/multicam

With a chance to grab the trial smock, some shopping, some free stuff and overdid things 

The only thing I have more of is almost a lifetimes worth of DPM

In reality when I play it’s more likely to be trousers and t shirt

I wen't all out on MTP, but DPM is probably better for skirmishes in the forest.  Going for DPM for tomorrow's full auto in the forest fest.

Cheers

G

Archived