New and want to get into airsoft/team

HyperRain
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi everyone I’m 32 and from Thetford. iv been looking at getting into airsoft for sometime, Iv played paintball and love it but looking at airsoft as it’s looks more fun and real. So I’m looking for some person/people or team to start playing with. Iv got no gear or guns 100% new so anyone about that I can play with on a regular basis would be great.

Thanks 

• Supporters

Welcome! :)

Have a read through the pinned posts. They contain lots of useful information for new players:

Here's a map dedicated to showing Airsoft sites and events in the UK: 

There's also a map showing where AF-UK players are in the UK but there's none that I can see in your area sadly. Could be they just haven't added themselves yet. 

Basic guide I recommend is to rent before you buy to make sure it's something you enjoy playing. Then play 3 games to become eligible for UKARA and buy yourself a RIF. For a budget gun I always recommend the G&G CM16 series. Excellent bang for your buck. Alternatives could be CYMA AKs and JG G36s. For eyepro that's entirely up to user preference. I personally use ESS ICE, but I've also used Bolle Trackers and Dye I4s in the past - Both of which work fine. 

Teams for me are kind of irrelevant. Just head down to your local site, play a few games and chat about. You'll meet some guys you'll click with and before you know it you'll be down every weekend and wonder where on earth all your money went. :D

• Supporters

Hey mate, welcome, starting out I would say get yourself to a local site, play as a rental or buy a gun but dont forget your restricted to two-tones (usually ;) ), get your ukara, easiest way to move forward.

BUT don't rush in to joining a team,  I get you want to get to know & play alongside people, but there's some shite teams out there, full of walts/cheats/idiots, rather than ally yourself with any of the above before you really know them, play at a distance, work on your gameplay & assess what teams are out there, can be awkward if you later decide you hate your team but they use your local sites so you can't distance yourself from them ;) 

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

Welcome.

Being in thetford you have a mass of local sites really.

Combat Airsoft in thetford forest.

BattleStations CQB at snetterton.

then a little further away.

Battleground airsoft

Combat Action Games

Skrimish airsoft.

Shops wise. Hoopers in norwich is always worth a shout as he does a discount for ex forces and airsofters. Then there is Combat Action Games shop in Norwich if you want to try a few pew pews. I believe Combat airsoft have a small shop too, but i haven't been to their site in a couple of years so hard to say.

Welcome. Teams are over rated ;) We still don't properly play as a team. It grew as a natural progression. I went with a friend, got hooked. I took my brother, he got hooked. I took my son, he got hooked. We took a friend... so now we're five :rolleyes:

But going alone is how you make friends. No need to focus on being a team until you find out you like it. Play, have fun, make friends and it'll come together on it's own.

• Supporters
11 hours ago, HyperRain said:

How’s the ukara work?

Again, have a read through the pinned posts. The ones in UK Law will help you out. ;)

Hi @HyperRain

me me and my brother in law are in Haverhill and play over that way often. I’ll give you a shout when and where we are next going could meet up.

cheers

rich

7 hours ago, richmt11 said:

Hi @HyperRain

me me and my brother in law are in Haverhill and play over that way often. I’ll give you a shout when and where we are next going could meet up.

cheers

rich

Yeah sounds like a plan just didn’t want to turn up and there be no one playing lol 

9 hours ago, ghostwalker said:

Welcome.

Being in thetford you have a mass of local sites really.

Combat Airsoft in thetford forest.

BattleStations CQB at snetterton.

then a little further away.

Battleground airsoft

Combat Action Games

Skrimish airsoft.

Shops wise. Hoopers in norwich is always worth a shout as he does a discount for ex forces and airsofters. Then there is Combat Action Games shop in Norwich if you want to try a few pew pews. I believe Combat airsoft have a small shop too, but i haven't been to their site in a couple of years so hard to say.

Didn’t know they was any shops about in Norwich I’ll have to take a look at what they have 👍🏻

Hoopers is great for kit if you want military type stuff. Its located about 5 minutes from the main market.

Combat action games shop is at the Dixons centre which is about 10 minutes frrom norwich airport

• Moderators

welcome,:)

dont stress about teams, to many think its the way but its not when starting out :) , I dont, i go on my own and just mix in on the day as its so easy to. Occasionally i go with my brother, yet to this year, but we hardly see each other and only communicate on radios for lunch!. Other game si meet up with forum members but again we'll hardly see each other!

Pop to Combat Airsoft, its probably minutes from you and do a rental game there, go there 3 times in 3 months (game 1 > 56 days >. game 3) and you'll have your name on the UKARA database....See the UKARA posts first!!....ive only had 1 coffee today!

Can you get to Tuddenham easy as well, im hoping to be there on the 6th May?, 

Archived