Buffer Tube connector

JohnB
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi

I decides to do this project ..

I bought a G&G Metal upper and lower metal receiver and I realised that it doesn't have a buffer tube connector

( I don't know the actual name of it ) the one with the red. Circle I don't have that on my lower receiver to hold stock in place .. does anyone know the name of it and where can I buy it ?

Thank you 

0EC0aXv.png

If it looks like the one in the lower pic, then you've bought an upper and lower receiver for a gas rifle, not an AEG. Pics of what you have would help.

• Supporters
20 hours ago, JohnB said:

Oh right I see 🤔 because I was doing some research of GG guns and I found this gun it's similar to the body that u bought short and no stock aswell but it's electric

G&G TR16 CRW

If you're trying to build an electric gun the main problem will be that you won't fit the gearbox in that receiver. The motor should come out where the pistol grip is, except there's nowhere for a motor in a gas rifle receiver. 

The TR16 is an M4 pistol, so it doesn't have any way to attach a stock. Although it's an electric gun, it'll also need the end plug to fit the gearbox.

I do have a model of a component you can get 3D printed that allows a stock to fit, but it needs to be drilled and tapped onto the receiver.

I see that make sense now.. yeah sure if that's ok

Thank you 

1 hour ago, Lozart said:

If you're trying to build an electric gun the main problem will be that you won't fit the gearbox in that receiver. The motor should come out where the pistol grip is, except there's nowhere for a motor in a gas rifle receiver. 

How would I know if it's a gas or AEG receiver?

On a gas gun the receiver will be solid where the grip fits. On an AEG the grip fits on the gearbox so the receiver is clear so the bottom of the gearbox protrudes through.

• Supporters
On 4/23/2018 at 5:25 PM, JohnB said:

My lower receiver doesn't have that stub to connect the buffer tube like the one on the  picture

IMAG0692.jpg

f651bde5a26e4221e74d9963fa4fa10e.jpg

11 hours ago, JohnB said:

I see that make sense now.. yeah sure if that's ok

Thank you 

How would I know if it's a gas or AEG receiver?

Your top picture is an electric (AEG) receiver, your bottom picture is a gas (GBBR) receiver. If the one you've bought is like the one at the bottom, you have the wrong type unless you plan on building a gas rifle.

These are the 3d printed parts to fit a stock onto the CRW receiver. The receiver will need to be drilled and tapped M3 so this can bolt on.

tmp_9430-post-9022-0-56546900-14856993322046245715.jpg.e387870c291e184a18fe2ca54bab50cc.jpg

4 hours ago, Hangtight said:

On a gas gun the receiver will be solid where the grip fits. On an AEG the grip fits on the gearbox so the receiver is clear so the bottom of the gearbox protrudes through.

This is the receiver that I have 

15246531219057982934692499552817.jpg

1 hour ago, Hangtight said:

These are the 3d printed parts to fit a stock onto the CRW receiver. The receiver will need to be drilled and tapped M3 so this can bolt on.

tmp_9430-post-9022-0-56546900-14856993322046245715.jpg.e387870c291e184a18fe2ca54bab50cc.jpg

Thanks alot dude 

If I get this 3D printed what would be the size ?

How about I print you a couple. Say a fiver plus the postage? Or if you can get them printed I'll just send you the stl file. I know they work because I designed them to do exactly what you're doing on exactly that receiver set.

3 hours ago, Hangtight said:

How about I print you a couple. Say a fiver plus the postage? Or if you can get them printed I'll just send you the stl file. I know they work because I designed them to do exactly what you're doing on exactly that receiver set.

Yeah sure..thank you .. 

Archived