ESS V12 Advancer

E21A
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Been looking to get myself some eye pro for when I start skirmishing (don’t fancy sweaty rental), was going to for Bolle glasses type but have changed my mind and think goggles are a better option. 

A bit of research has led me to ESS V12 Advancers, I understand they are genuine British  army issue and seem very good. 

My my question is, does anybody here use these?? 

If if so what are they like in the real world? Steam up at all? Good field of vision? Don’t get in the way when aiming etc? Comfortable? 

Also it seems that you can’t buy them new, so it’s a used eBay purchase. Are there fakes out there to watch out for? If so, how do you tell a fake from a genuine? 

Any help much appreciated. 

• Root Admin

I've used them. They're good.

Field of vision is good, they're pretty low profile (so won't get in the way) and will fog just like any other eyepro will. Take the foam out of the rims when you get them (meant for keeping dust out). Use an anti-fog paste - these will both help.

Might still be a fair amount floating about on eBay surplus. Don't pay less than 15-20 quid if it's got spare lenses. Most are considered used even though they're unissued, but when you get them it'll be obvious if they're not genuine as the real ones have plastic hard cases for the lens sets, a bag and have the ESS logo on them - all these things make it pretty unprofitable to copy them, so you should be ok. If you get a duff one just get eBay involved. Also check the lenses for scratching.

Additionally get yourself some face protection too before you loose teeth :D

• Moderators

second the above

usually coat mine with a so called anti-fog spray or wipe like Abbey or fogtech

foam removed, like on 95% of my goggles now, cant say its 100% effective, limits my fog but can get drizzle but still gets you through the day :0

Archived