Specna Arms warranty

underdog6750
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hope this is the right place to ask this?

I have 2 Specna Arms AEGs, m27 which runs fantastically and a g36c.

The g36c on its second outting started looking power, I've tried change the battery and no joy.

It's only a couple of months old and not been touched. Save for swapping the spring to a lower power.

Anybody have any experience with Specna customer service/warranty?

• Supporters

Not had any direct dealings but I'm interested in the "losing power" thing as mine seems to have dropped quite a bit. I just figured it was the m90 spring it comes with is a bit cheap.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

Brand new mine was ok. But after two games  the stock downgrade spring dropped to a laughable 160 FPS.

Just changed the spring and it sits at a happy 328/330 now.

I might try look at the spring and see if that helps. I just didn't want to go mucking around and void the warranty.

Cheers for the secondary perspective! Will definately give it a shot, sorry no pun intended

• Supporters

Do Specna Arms manufacturers actually offer a warranty? I was lead to believe that in Airsoft, the period of and inclusion of warranty is done by the retailer, and not by the manufacturer.

I could be wrong, happens a lot, but only going on info I have been told by retailers.

This is the site I bought it from and is listed as having a 12 no th warranty. I just assumed it was manufacturers?

https://gun-fire.co.uk/product-eng-1152217925-SA-G12-EBB-Carbine-Replica.html

• Supporters
17 hours ago, Prisce said:

Do Specna Arms manufacturers actually offer a warranty? I was lead to believe that in Airsoft, the period of and inclusion of warranty is done by the retailer, and not by the manufacturer.

I could be wrong, happens a lot, but only going on info I have been told by retailers.

Technically your contract of sale is with the retailer and it's up to them to honour any warranty offered by the manufacturer. 

• Supporters
23 hours ago, underdog6750 said:

It's only a couple of months old and not been touched. Save for swapping the spring to a lower power.

Swapped by you, or by the retailer?

Your contract is with the retailer.  I'd get in touch with them and ask, constructive like, whether they'd like to take a look at it themselves, or whether they'd agree to maintain the warranty if you replace the spring yourself (to a sensible level like an M100 or 105).  I'd be cheaper and quicker to DIY it than send it back.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, L3wisD said:

Especially with Specnas, the spring is dead easy to do.

Oh, wow, it's got that quick change spring system. :wub:

Huh, I wouldn't even bother the retailer, just throw in a new spring for a few £££.  If it's still sputtering then it's time to get the retailer involved, throwing whatever spring it was sold with back into it again first and not mentioning it.

Until you take it to a retailer, the tech opens it and see's you have changed the spring, quick change system or not that can be seen as tampering and they have a right to void the warranty

• Supporters

Putting a lower power spring in it, using the feature of the product that allows that, using it exactly as it's designed to be used for that purpose, voids the seller's responsibility to sell goods that are fit for purpose and durable, you say? :huh:

But yes, put the stock spring back in and don't say a word about it.

2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Putting a lower power spring in it, using the feature of the product that allows that, using it exactly as it's designed to be used for that purpose, voids the seller's responsibility to sell goods that are fit for purpose and durable, you say? :huh:

But yes, put the stock spring back in and don't say a word about it.

Depends if there is some sort of seal on the quick release they could turn around and say you used a spring it wasn't designed for and have therefore voided the warranty. You might be able to fight it in small claims but who's going to? There plenty of items designed to be modified that if you actually modify will void the warranty. 

• Supporters

Warranty, schmoranty. You can't void your statutory right to be sold an item that's fit for the purpose sold (and one of those purposes is easily replacing the spring), and durable.

9 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Warranty, schmoranty. You can't void your statutory right to be sold an item that's fit for the purpose sold (and one of those purposes is easily replacing the spring), and durable.

That's bollocks unfortunately. The second you take something apart the warranty is void.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Duff said:

That's bollocks unfortunately. The second you take something apart the warranty is void.

I can type this all day long: a warranty is not the same as your statutory rights.  You can void a warranty, but not by using an item in the way that it is intended to be used.  You cannot void your statutory rights.

Changing the spring is a feature of the gun.  It's explicitly marketed as such.  That's its purpose - it must be fit for that purpose.  It must be durable, i.e. must not break when you change the spring, using the mechanism provided for changing the spring.

What part of changing the spring, using the mechanism supplied for changing the spring, would void the warranty, let alone the owner's statutory rights?

• Mostly Retired Moderators

My Specna was shipped with a spring installed that made it 420 FPS out of the box.

They supply a downgrade spring in the box for the purpose of making it FPS friendly.

I'm sure they won't mind if you've installed the low power spring.

2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

I can type this all day long: a warranty is not the same as your statutory rights.  You can void a warranty, but not by using an item in the way that it is intended to be used.  You cannot void your statutory rights.

Changing the spring is a feature of the gun.  It's explicitly marketed as such.  That's its purpose - it must be fit for that purpose.  It must be durable, i.e. must not break when you change the spring, using the mechanism provided for changing the spring.

What part of changing the spring, using the mechanism supplied for changing the spring, would void the warranty, let alone the owner's statutory rights?

And they can say you used the wrong spring/incorrectly fitted its your fault warrenty voided. Not saying it's right but if you modify something it's up to you to prove that the item failed due to manufacturering error which would be difficult. Not saying this will happen but worked in retail along time saw lot of people told sod off user error. 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, BigStew said:

And they can say you used the wrong spring/incorrectly fitted its your fault warrenty voided. Not saying it's right but if you modify something it's up to you to prove that the item failed due to manufacturering error which would be difficult. Not saying this will happen but worked in retail along time saw lot of people told sod off user error. 

Fork me ragged.  They can say that you spooned ice cream into it if they like.  If they're simply going to make things up, then you had no effective warranty to begin with.

However,  you still have your statutory rights.  Having worked in retail, you should know that for the purposes of [being of satisfactory quality, fit for a particular purpose and as described], goods which do not conform to the contract at any time within the period of six months beginning with the day on which the goods were delivered to the consumer must be taken not to have conformed to it on that day.

• Supporters

Remember when dealing with shops and their techs opinions that 90% of the time the so called tech is just someone who learnt how to fix guns in their bedroom.

I have taken a few places to task on so called voided warranty and misuse claims. Once you start demonstrating that your technical knowledge surpasses theirs and mention sending stuff off for a proper analysis which they will potentially foot the bill for then generally the attitude changes. No shop wants to risk getting a potentially large bill for independent inspection and court costs for the sake of a few hundred pounds. 

If you don't have the knowledge to beat them down get someone who does.

(My rates are reasonable and I only charge by the quarter of an hour)

Trig the Lawyer,  honestly if you start doing that wear a body cam and make a youtube channel. I'd watch you verbally beating down crappy techs :D

Archived