New2Airsoft

DanielJRoper - AVOID!!

That's quite a tale. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. I think this needs a mod to look into. Have you reported his profile yet? 

But there's two sides to every story. Care to defend yourself @DanielJRoper?

2 hours ago, Gepard said:

But there's two sides to every story. Care to defend yourself @DanielJRoper?

Well, looks like your summoning worked as his profile says:

• LAST VISITED
    1 hour ago

Really grinds me down this sort of thing. 

The honesty in airsoft really does extend past the actual gameplay. We're all bananas from the same bunch, so it's really aggravating to hear people treat fellow airsofters like this. 

Sorry he's done you over @New2Airsoft, hopefully @proffrink and @Jedi_Master can look into whether the evidence against Daniel warrants a ban?

5 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

Well, looks like your summoning worked as his profile says:

• LAST VISITED
    1 hour ago

Really grinds me down this sort of thing. 

The honesty in airsoft really does extend past the actual gameplay. We're all bananas from the same bunch, so it's really aggravating to hear people treat fellow airsofters like this. 

Sorry he's done you over @New2Airsoft, hopefully @proffrink and @Jedi_Master can look into whether the evidence against Daniel warrants a ban?

Yeah, I saw him reading the topic earlier. As he's yet to comment I'm going to assume he's not interested in having his side of the story known. I reckon a ban is justified. 

Would be delighted to hear Mr Roper 'defend' himself as he's not contacted me for, literally, months and now has in his possession both his crappy broken M59 AND my money!!

Should also add that this was not bought for my use but for my young son who wants to get into airsofting, to use in our garden as a start point.

So not really me who's been let down here, but a 12 year old lad!

2 minutes ago, New2Airsoft said:

Would be delighted to hear Mr Roper 'defend' himself as he's not contacted me for, literally, months and now has in his possession both his crappy broken M59 AND my money!!

If events played out exactly as you described then he's a piece of shit and a taint on this community. 

If you google his name this comes up as the 3rd link.

Wow that's shocking behaviour, sorry to hear this mate, I hope you end up getting your money back one way or another.. 

If the guy can't even be bothered to reply to this, he should definitely be banned from making sells on the forum that's for sure.. 

ATB Marc 

12 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

If you don't get your money back, give it a few weeks and order him one of these... :lol:

https://www.glitterretribution.co.uk/spring-loaded-glitter-canon

Could you imagine cleaning that up :lol:

As he'll no doubt read this thread he'll know what to look for. 

We'll have to be creative.. :ph34r:

There is a “different” present you can send him. I has the details if you require them. More messy, and less fun I’ll admit, but will get the message across;)

4 minutes ago, Prisce said:

There is a “different” present you can send him. I has the details if you require them. More messy, and less fun I’ll admit, but will get the message across;)

2q72mk.gif

?

Thanks for the kind words, all.

Despite what Mr Roper may think, this isn't over yet.

Not at all surprised that he lacks the cojones to come on here and say anything. Hard to defend the indefensible though.

Was there any further communication between you two? I see his last login was ~10hrs ago and no public replies. 

He's got his (broken) weapon back and he's got my money too - what possible motivation could he have to either respond publicly or get back in touch with me (neither of which he has done, obviously)?!

I'll be pursuing him through small claims in due course - am a firm believer in 'he who laughs last...'.

@proffrink - I appreciate what you're saying but, to be brutally honest, when someone has done you like Mr Roper has done me, being 'put back in touch' is rather pointless and toothless.

There is really nothing more to say. I stand by - and can prove (and, as I say, will be doing so in court in due course) - every single thing I have posted in my 'review' of Mr Roper.

If you deal with him, then more fool you - you've been more than amply warned!  

Fair enough - it did seem as though he was communicating initially, but if you do want to get him banned then we can set up a monitored PM and - if he doesn't respond within a timely manor - we'll make sure he can't do this to anyone else on here at least. I completely understand if you don't want to go to that faff though. We're hoping this will simply be used as a tool to effectively and fairly ban those who're obviously scamming and just make it more time consuming for those who're scamming whilst still communicating. It's unfortunate that that's the best we can do without the risk of banning the wrong person, and of course it's not like we can get that money back anyway.

Hopefully you can get that money back through the courts.

Understood.

I have no wish (nor any particular need) to communicate with Mr Roper through any channels but official ones, going forward.

He'll be hearing from me in due course.

Silly man - could have settled this really simply; but I suppose some folk can only learn their lessons the hard way...

Hey mate, sorry to hear all the troubles you're having, nasty piece of work.  If you need any small internal parts message me and I'll sort you a discount out.  I had a small issue with a Roper from Worcestershire on Ebay a while back, same one perhaps?

You might wanna edit out those phone numbers mate!?

8 minutes ago, Duff said:

You might wanna edit out those phone numbers mate!?

I'm on my phone so I can't. Anyone is free to take the image and do that if they deem necessary