GBB pistol, co2 or gas??

ibo7
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've been looking at buying another co2 pistol as that's all I've known and used, but it seems majority of pistols are green gas. I'm struggling to see what the reason for this is and the pros and cons.

It seems co2 has better blowback and usually higher FPS, I'd love a TM pistol but only recently found out they don't do any co2 pistols.

Can anyone please explain why green gas is as good or better than co2? 

Am I missing out???

Well for one, with green gas you have different power levels to choose from. Everything from power duster has and blue gas, right up to the GBBR propane. 

With CO2 it’s basically a “Here’s the power you’re having. If you don’t like it you can F off and go suck a fat one you dingy twat.”

Personally I prefer green gas. Plus it doesn’t leave billions of metal capsules rolling around in streets and gardens.

11 hours ago, ibo7 said:

I've been looking at buying another co2 pistol as that's all I've known and used, but it seems majority of pistols are green gas. I'm struggling to see what the reason for this is and the pros and cons.

It seems co2 has better blowback and usually higher FPS, I'd love a TM pistol but only recently found out they don't do any co2 pistols.

Can anyone please explain why green gas is as good or better than co2? 

Am I missing out???

Hello mate :)

I'll start off by saying I don't use duster or weak gas such as nuprol 1.0 or Abbey 144a in any of my guns be them plastic or metal (definitely not in my metal guns lol) as that gas in my opinion is rubbish, and makes most guns perform poorly, some think, including shops and manufacturers that you should only use this in TM guns, but that's not the case whatsoever, years ago maybe as they was not built to the same standards or as strong as they are now, or if you live in a very hot country like Hong Kong or Oz in the summer you might want to use it, but here you don't 'have' too..

For me personally co2 vs green gas/propane, I don't think either is better then the other, they are just different. Of course both do have their advantages and disadvantages though, Let's say you have a Gun thats able to take both co2 and green gas/propane. A custom TM hi-capa or WE AW hi-capa or ASG/KJW CZ75 or P09 just for example, if you use them on co2 rather then green gas/propane, the fps will be a little higher and the kick will be a little stronger when using co2 due to the high pressure, but it will put a little bit more/faster wear and tear on your gun, the amount of increased fps will differ depending on the gun your using but its normally around a 30-80 fps increase, recoil wise it is noticeable but as I say that's gun dependent on how much, co2 does resist the cold weather slightly better then green gas/propane but it does still suffer from self cool down and basically just as much, you constantly rapid fire a 12g co2 gun in the cold and a green gas gun they will both suffer from cool down, some guns handle it better then others (gun dependent) blowback TM plastic guns in most cases handle cold weather or rapid firing better then a full metal blowback pistol as the gun itself being plastic does not contribute to the cool down factor as much. 

Pricing, green gas/propane or co2 unless you buy in bulk or depending on where you buy it and what brands you buy or if you can get it free or wherever is not much different in price in the long run. 

Usage, again it differs from gun to gun and is just different, but in my opinion green gas/propane is faster to use then co2 it will take you a minute or two to change a 12g co2 capsule in a magazine but it will take you seconds to fill up a magazine with green gas/propane, some Guns will give you more shots per co2 capsule some Guns will give you more shots per green gas fill, again its gun dependent, a KWC 1911 for example powered by 12g co2 will give you more shots per co2 capsule then say a TM or WE 1911 green gas only gun, due to thin WE TM small gas reservoir magazines. But a high capacity magazine with a big reservoir such as a Hi-capa or even some gas blowback rifles will give you more shots per green gas / propane fill then they would when using a 12g co2 magazine, And co2 can be easier to carry around, depending how you look at it or where your shooting etc. 

Waste, both create waste so I wouldn't either consider that.. 

Personally mate I would not look at it as which is better and what should you buy green gas or co2, I would say best way to decide is, what is the next gun you want and what power source is it available in, and then go from there, don't be put of by green gas / propane though or the slightly lower power limits or in some cases slightly less recoil strength it might give you, it's not always the case or greatly noticeable. 

In my eyes as you probably know lol. Have ALL is best. :)

I know this reply was long but was not really that highly informative or helpful but hopefully it helped a bit mate. 

ATB Marc 

That sir, is how to reply to a thread!👌🏻

I think I've just considered it a lot easier to use co2 capsules as it's just in n out, no messing about.

This has now opened up a whole new world to me! Many, many more hours of looking at pistols for me. I'm more than happy to do that!

Thanks for the help

The Co2 capsules are recyclable if you can be arsed to collect a kilo of them.

I also use air pistols which are always co2 so it just made sense to stick to them.

I think I need a Tokyo Marui pistol in my life now!

2 hours ago, Duff said:

The Co2 capsules are recyclable if you can be arsed to collect a kilo of them.

Can you post empty Co2 capsules? Happily send mine to someone who has a load so they can recycle them!

4 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

how come? fps is fps, unless its a litter thing?

Urban assault in cambs doesnt allow any co2 guns.  Fine with gas though

Archived