Still two weeks away from owning my first rif

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

And I'm already thinking about a back up gun.:D

I have long been considering a G&G G36c. They are supposed to be very good, and sell for about £230-40. Magazines are midcap (which I prefer) but proprietary. Four extras would cost another 60 quid. In effect I would be buying a A three hundred quid gun , which would be more than I am paying for my primary.

Recently I have been wondering if I can justify it. I could get a JG for not much more than £90. As a newby  I wouldn't feel so nervous about opening it up and getting to know the gearbox and other internals. I've used rental JGs and they seem pretty bomb proof.

Not really sure what to do. Heart says G&G. Head says JG.

Probably best to do nothing.

• Supporters

as with every airsoft decision you'll end up with something completely different.

tbh if it's a new gun then there's not much call to open it up for any specific reason, although i get why you'd be keen to get to know it (mainly because i'm the same).

could be worse, you could have bought a g&g f2000 as your first gun :ph34r:

• Supporters

The good thing about cheaper guns like the JG G36 is that when you inevitably upgrade to a new gun you can open it up and tinker with it without worrying about being without a primary. It's a good platform to learn on without breaking anything expensive. 

But yes, definitely have a look around before buying new. When I bought my L85 it's price was about £300 new and I got it £100 cheaper just by waiting for something to come up. Granted it was about 2 months later but still.. I wasn't in any rush. 

I'm 5 weeks away from UKARA.

I got a second hand G36c, am happy with it as a first gun.  Small enought for CBQ with the stock folded, works well enough in the outdoors.

Once I get UKARA sorted and my aim improves will look to get another gun.

Cheers

G

I can’t rate the JG highly enough. My brother has run one for well over a year without a single issue.

If you want one with nicer externals the specna arms or the WE AEG version would be where I spent my money

Archived