7.62mm RIFs

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I was watching 13 Hours the other day and really liked the look of the rifle Oz was using, and it got me thinking:
Is there an airsoft equivalent for every 7.62 rif?
Are there any notable by their absence in the airsoft world?
In terms of being a good gun with no need for upgrades, what's the best 7.62 replica out of the box? (Excluding the G28, as it's eleventy billion pounds!).
What's your favourite and why? Doesn't have to be accuracy/range based - Could just be it gives you the biggest grin!

• Head Moderator

No, probably not every 7.62 caliber gun. There are lots of AK47 but not every variant.

Anything TM should be good out of the box.

Favourite is HK417 because it is a Heckler & Kock gun and looks good, unlike the SCAR H with its Wellington boot stock.

• Supporters
37 minutes ago, Jedi_Master said:

unlike the SCAR H with its Wellington boot stock

Any chance someone with a scar got the drop on you? Maybe multiple times... lot of hostility there Jedi!

My Scar is lovely.

H&K91 G3. LCT make a full steel one. £340 ish

AK 47/74. LCT and E&L both make steel ones. £200-500.

SA58/SLR/FAL. Ares  produce high quality replicas. £400-550.

Best out of the box would depend on the user, none of those guns are classed as budget, The LCT AK's can be had for about £200-250. And for that you get a good gearbox,  On a well make body, but with none of the trinkets. No mosfets ect. So you still have to do some work. Poor mag compatibility, but  the proper mags fit as close to the real thing as possible. Look for trades on here as the AK variants by both companies are well established. There were a few E&L models up a few weeks ago.

The LCT G3 again is full steel, but the V2 gearbox needs some work to be perfect. The tappet plates are garbage, and I needed a cylinder head for mine as well. Again no mosfet, and the gearbox wasn't perfectly shimmed. Poor mag compatibility.

For sheer grin factor I love my G3. It's an absolute animal of a gun, Looks and feels very real, frighteningly so. And the external build quality is insane, You could use it like a club, And it physically drains and hurts you due to the weight.

40027766995_74d40631fe_o.gif

Scar H, G3, Fal, m14, SR-25/M110, 417, mega arms 308.. there’s loads. I love my scar H and Ebr 

Best out the box probably the TM EBB SCAR H or TM M14. 

MY FAVE = M60 VN

39 minutes ago, Dentonboy said:

Best out the box probably the TM EBB SCAR H or TM M14. 

MY FAVE = M60 VN

I see your TM and raise you WE gbbr’s 

3C06002D-10A8-489E-99ED-09F1FD930F64.jpeg

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

Is that a SCAR H? Without its standard issue Ugg?
What's the scope on it?

Nope that’s an EBR 

9 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Nope that’s an EBR 

That explains it. It's very pretty!!

So here's another question - Why is it that non AK 7.62 airsoft rifs seem to be out of stock all the time?
Is it because they're so popular they sell out very quickly, or is it because they're so unpopular that shops don't bother getting them in?

The scar H is next to it. I have an ACR stock for it, but I prefer the ugg

• Supporters
14 hours ago, sonofsammo said:

That explains it. It's very bloody heavy

Fixed that for you.

As for why nobody has non AK 7.62 rifles in stock, I think you're just not looking in the right place. M14s are immensely popular but potentially a bit out of fashion because Black Hawk Down came out aaaaages ago now. Not many people made an HK417 other than expensive brands so there's that plus a lot of people want the easy route of M4/AK. While we're on the subject of AKs, when I had one the thing that used to proper grind my gears was seeing AK74 mags in AK47s and vice versa. 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Lozart said:

when I had one the thing that used to proper grind my gears was seeing AK74 mags in AK47s and vice versa. 

NNNEEERRRDDD ! :lol:

But then again so am i! :D

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

NNNEEERRRDDD ! :lol:

But then again so am i! :D

You have no idea.... :D

I do love an M14 tbf, but think TM is where to go for out of the box capability. 

This Star effort of mine is OK, style over substance though:

IMG_20180324_104336_035.jpg

• Supporters
5 hours ago, Lozart said:

You have no idea.... :D

If you asked my misses she’d probably say “oh I’ll call your OCD and raise you his !” :angry:

Drivers her demented watching tv and it’s the wrong pistol/rifle/knife/sword/mag/etc for what ever we’re watching , I’ll be screaming at the tv it wrong ! :lol::lol:

4 hours ago, Dentonboy said:

I do love an M14 tbf, but think TM is where to go for out of the box capability. 

This Star effort of mine is OK, style over substance though:

IMG_20180324_104336_035.jpg

And there’s nothing wrong with style over substance ! Airsoft  is 10% tactics , 10% exercise , and 80% looking coooooooool ! :D

Archived