Eye Pro / Face Pro Test

MisterG
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

3 hours ago, Duff said:

Having owned several different pairs of mesh pro I can say with certainty that the OT mask is not rebranded from the same company. The build quality Is night and day and you can tell this alone by the comfort.

I'd disagree. I own both OT originals and the Chinese version at 1/3 price and the only difference is the OT logo on the headband. One of them had a bit of visible glue, not a major issue -but I own probably 6 of these things and they're all equally as good as the OT version.

8 hours ago, Druid799 said:

And question for your question is ; how many times will it actually get hit on the same spot ? :D

I got nailed in the centre of my forehead twice in the same game - once was friendly fire! Exactly the same spot - I went home looking like a unicorn :D

10 hours ago, Careless said:

the mesh is made of steel , it will dent  , thats no big deal , the question is how many hits can it take in the same spot before a bb goes through?

One if the bb breaks and goes through. That's my main concern with mesh - you can't control the quality of the bb's being fired at you.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well you're entitled to disagree but you're wrong. You obviously had some fake OT knock offs.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Duff said:

Well you're entitled to disagree but you're wrong. You obviously had some fake OT knock offs.

Duff mate in my earlier comment I didn’t mean there’s just one manufacturer of the mesh masks , what I ment is there all sauced from China . Obviously I don’t have definitive proof (don’t work for them) but I will stand by my statement that OT do not make them them selves , they just buy them in and put there own label on the kit , none of the brands you see for sale make there own .

Look at ASG for instance largest supplier of Airsoft goods there is , they make nothing at all , they may get the supplier to ‘tweak’ it a bit due to the volume of order (so I suppose you could very loosely say they’ve had it made) but everything they sell is a re-brand , from a Velcro tab that costs £2-3 right up to a £500 AEG , all re-brands .

So really when you think about it you can’t have a an OT knock off as such , as there NOT an exclusive product . Only knock offs you will get (yet again from China !) will be specific task/branded products items like PTS P mags/Magpul slings+mounts/ Oakley gloves/etc , the generic gear like pouches/belts/etc unless your buying from someone like OPS , toysoldier or Dragonred then they will be all from the same generic manufacturers just with a different label on it .

OT are a Chinese company, of course they're sourced in China :rolleyes: However that doesn't mean the build quality isn't superior which is evident in both performance and comfort. Spend £7 on an "un-branded" mesh lower or £21 on an OT product, they are not the same product, despite coming from the same industrial region.

• Supporters

Fair enuff bud , can’t argue with that , can only speak from personal experience , my boy wanted a half face mask (one of the ones with the mesh centre and cloth up the sides) OT were the only ones that had the colour he wanted so I bought it for him and when it arrived I genuinely couldn’t see or feel any diffrence with the half the price fleabay ones I’d bought in the past . To me that just show’s there all the same it’s just the non existent quality control that’s the true problem and when you do pay a ‘premium’ price your just paying for better QC ! :D

Same regarding personal experience, only going off what I know first hand.

As for mesh goggls, they can off to fuck. Bad idea, especially for CQB and low light areas.

3 hours ago, Duff said:

Hey, I'm never wrong!!! I'm not always right... but I'm never wrong :P

I wear Bolle tracker eye pro and am very pleased with it, taken a couple of direct hits which just shows how important eye pro is. I like the fact they have the foam edging so they are sealed. Got hit right on the top edge of my mesh lower face guard yesterday and the BB could have got behind normal 'glasses' types. Had no issues with fogging up personally. Mesh lower mask does what it needs to and keeps my teeth intact !

• Supporters

Bolle Trackers were my first pair of glasses. They worked great, but I did have fogging issues. Less so after I removed the foam. 

13 minutes ago, Gepard said:

Bolle Trackers were my first pair of glasses. They worked great, but I did have fogging issues. Less so after I removed the foam. 

It may be an individual thing, a mate has his fog up now and then but (touch wood) mine never have . I know someone who has modified the foam a bit too which works for him.

I work in heavy engineering. One of the engineers managed to shatter a steel grinding disc last week, a peice hit his face & his Bolle Trackers took a huge impact from the razor sharp shards. 

Apart from a bit of dirt, the Trackers took hardly any damage and looked good enough to carry on using. 

We swear by them & wouldn't use anything else. 

• Supporters

As per the other eyepro thread, Bolle are one of the few brands who claim EN166 B impact protection on both their Tracker frames and lenses.  This is significantly higher than the default EN166 F that you'll get even on things like Pyramex I-Force. 

F rated glasses could be anywhere from barely passing F to nearly making B, but it seems that the only way to be sure is to buy Bolle.

• Moderators

i just went for ESS and Revision, good enough for military, good enough for Airsoft....even though from memory it states on the 'instructions' not to be used for Airsoft!:lol::lol:

ive taken many hits to the face / 'eyes' and they are fine, not even a mark.

i got a pair of FMA fan goggles but seeing reviews on youtube after, i decided not to wear them as the lens becomes dented when hit as the lens is half the thickness of the real steel ones, so my son wears them  at home with his nerf gun....:)

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone link the eye pro they use? I've googled a whole bunch of Bolle stuff and seems like there are multiple ones which would be suitable but im not exactly experienced in such matters, only thing i know for sure if the mesh goggles i got for starting gots ta go!

• Supporters
1 hour ago, allyballybee said:

Can anyone link the eye pro they use? I've googled a whole bunch of Bolle stuff and seems like there are multiple ones which would be suitable but im not exactly experienced in such matters, only thing i know for sure if the mesh goggles i got for starting gots ta go!

These are what I mainly use now http://www.tactical-kit.co.uk/ess-profile-turbofan-goggles-9892-p.asp I used to have some ESS V12 Advancers which were also good and I have a pair of ESS ICE glasses for going to chrono etc.

Used to have several pairs of Bolle glasses (trackers and Cobras) and none of them were that great to be honest.

• Moderators

i have a pair of the above with cortex clip, not had a chance to use yet as only played twice this year!, as well as these im currently using (did not pay that much!!)

http://www.tactical-kit.co.uk/revision-desert-locust-fan-goggle-deluxe-kit-15383-p.asp

also use the ESSV12 and Revision Bullet Ants at times

note none have any foam in them;)

1 hour ago, allyballybee said:

Can anyone link the eye pro they use?

Bolle Tracker 2 - Can Fog up easily

Bolle Cobra - Excellent peripheral vision, can fog easily

Revision Bullit ANT - Remove the foam from the top and bottom and they pretty much never fog/get sweaty. Can be bought much cheaper from ebay/other legit places. DO NOT BUY IMITATIONS ones - these have been proven to smash/shatter on impact. 

Cheers for the advice guys! Think i'll go with the ESS Ice, heard good things from a few people about the lack of fogging and im about as unfit as it gets so i'll give them a try! If they dont work for me i'll think about the Revision Bullit ANT since a lot of folk are fans!

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, E21A said:

I have Bolle trackers and ESS v12 that will be getting their first outing on Sunday, will report back. 

Take all the foam out of the frame on the V12s. It's there to filter dust in *ahem* sandy places. You won't need it and it'll help with airflow. Use the anti fog wipe they come with and pop the lens pods into the open position for extra venting!

2 hours ago, Lozart said:

Take all the foam out of the frame on the V12s. It's there to filter dust in *ahem* sandy places. You won't need it and it'll help with airflow. Use the anti fog wipe they come with and pop the lens pods into the open position for extra venting!

Cheers for the tips. The foam came straight out as soon as they were delivered. Will give them a wipe before I use them and see how I get on. Think the Bolle may be better though as V12s are a bit bulky for my liking but i’ll see how it goes. 

• Moderators

my locusts are great, one of the best fields of views out there. tried the sawflies but seem to struggle more with them than any of my goggles....wont give up though....but prefer a full face seal :)

For me it is because I almost got shot in the eye... For CQB I think I'll always wear my Bullit ANT's. Cumbersome yes, but they move a lot less on my face than the bolle trackers do. So when I inevitably get shot in the face again, there is much less chance of the bb hitting so close to my eye again.  However I am looking into getting a pair of sawfly's for outdoor games. Mostly for the comfort factor, slightly cause they look cooler 😎

Just now, Arwen said:

For me it is because I almost got shot in the eye... For CQB I think I'll always wear my Bullit ANT's. Cumbersome yes, but they move a lot less on my face than the bolle trackers do. So when I inevitably get shot in the face again, there is much less chance of the bb hitting so close to my eye again.  However I am looking into getting a pair of sawfly's for outdoor games. Mostly for the comfort factor, slightly cause they look cooler 😎

First outing in these...

F4897094-01.jpg

I got drilled in the face by a rental who didn't listen when they said NO FULL AUTO.... not a single mark on the glasses. But there were plenty on my knuckles after the bb's ricocheted off the glasses onto my hands. I have since filmed me shooting three full mags from my KWC G17c at them from about 10ft. (unfortunately my footage corruped cos my Drift is old as fook.)

Not a single mark on them, they are truly made of invincible stuff.

Plus they cost less than £15 posted.

Archived