Airsoft Forums UK

how to carry two primary weapons

liam@airsoft
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Gepard said:

Never heard of any site implementing this rule and as you've yet to specify which sites these are I'm going to assume you're full of shit. Correct me if I'm wrong. Just because your site has it doesn't mean it applies to the rest of the country. 

I think UK snipers are issued with Marksman rifles now because lugging around two guns all day is just inconvenient.

Not snipers

The marksman rifle I think you’re referring to is the ‘Sharpshooter’ rifle.

These aren’t intended as a snipers weapon but ideally for a ‘good shot’.  It moves away from the purposes of the standard infantry rifle which went to 5.55 due to short distance engagements of conventional warfare

If Afghanistan etc the irregular opposition Idealy wants to shoot a well equipped army from further away.

The sharpshooter takes 7.62 gaining range and impact.

This also changes the weapon mix in a platoon giving another level of self sufficiency, and though it’s not a true sniper it fits into the cycles of how snipers are used.

A true sniper will still have multiple weapons - but depending on the role they are filling may not carry them

Guest MaccyD
7 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

What forums do you run?

Car based ones. Not Airsoft don't worry.

They're more pleasant than the threatening atmosphere you create Roger. I'm sure your parents would be very proud at the time you spent going through my posts, seeing where I play, going to their website, reading the rules, then telling everyone how much of a bad man you are and that you don't follow rules whilst knowing no context of the site. You're my hero and I wish I had as much free time as you lmao

• Supporters
1 hour ago, MaccyD said:

Car based ones. Not Airsoft don't worry.

They're more pleasant than the threatening atmosphere you create Roger. I'm sure your parents would be very proud at the time you spent going through my posts, seeing where I play, going to their website, reading the rules, then telling everyone how much of a bad man you are and that you don't follow rules whilst knowing no context of the site. You're my hero and I wish I had as much free time as you lmao

You do realise that trying to pick apart someone elses attitude and actions while coming across as a bit of a twunt yourself really doesn't work?

Pot kettle black and all that

Guest MaccyD

There is no arguing with someone who takes those actions I mention abive. So I figured I'd run with it a bit. I've asked to have my account deleted so I wouldn't worry too much. It's disappointing and probably isolated behaviour but I just can't be arsed with being spoken to like that over something so trivial. I'll loiter as a guest and just not post

• Supporters
39 minutes ago, MaccyD said:

There is no arguing with someone who takes those actions I mention abive. So I figured I'd run with it a bit. I've asked to have my account deleted so I wouldn't worry too much. It's disappointing and probably isolated behaviour but I just can't be arsed with being spoken to like that over something so trivial. I'll loiter as a guest and just not post

No need to delete and hide in the shadows just carry on posting.  Just try and remember that with two differing viewpoints there can also be two right answers.

There is no rule we have to all agree otherwise I would of been gone a long time ago.

• Supporters
9 hours ago, xWebster said:

This is possibly the most unnecessary argument I have ever witnessed.

Keep it going boys!

i must agree, this has gone way out of proportion to the original statement.

and i still haven't read exactly why maccy's site doesnt like people carrying 2 primaries.

On 4/20/2018 at 10:07 AM, Guest MaccyD said:

Alot of sites wont let you carry 2 primaries anyway, so your question might be redundant.

Also, the bigger question, what kind of sub 18 year old doesnt have a gaming console?

Id also be questioning what site allows a sub 18 y/o to be using a 400fps rif... haven't been to a site yet that allows under 18's to use a rif over 350

On 4/20/2018 at 1:07 PM, Rogerborg said:

The part in their standard rules about nobody leaving the site until they allow them to would also get them invited to sod off, then sod off some more, then keep sodding off.

Standard for playing MOD (not sure if this is or isnt) sites is you have to inform the game organiser that you are leaving as its part of the H&S that people are accounted for. Not knowing anything about this site (too lazy to look) but it may be down to the fact if they have a large area they may ask people to sign in and out so they can make sure that everyone has left site? 

just thinking out loud, dont mind me :rolleyes:

• Supporters
On 21/04/2018 at 8:52 PM, Adolf Hamster said:

and i still haven't read exactly why maccy's site doesnt like people carrying 2 primaries.

Only in their milsims. I can only assume that they don't think it's a proper simulation of the military, despite it being what some militaries do. :wacko:

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Rogerborg said:

Only in their milsims. I can only assume that they don't think it's a proper simulation of the military, despite it being what some militaries do. :wacko:

guess it must depend on the role, i can understand for standard infantry, but as you say a dedicated sniper (ie not a designated marksman) probably would if the situation called for it.

Thing is how far do you want to go with those restrictions? I've not done any "proper" milsim but the closest would have been special shoots where they've restricted mags, iirc it was 2 hicaps, 6 midcaps or as many real caps as you want to carry, you had to go back to the safe zone to reload if you ran dry.

I get why folk would want to be purist, but it shouldnt be too exclusive of regular folk who arent going to buy all the gear if they arent going to be going too regular.

Tried it, tough to do, I would play more airsoft with the M4 then after a few months if you like it, add a pistol to your gear to use with the sniper. I would say that 99% of new players who go straight into sniping don’t come back after a couple of games because you end up missing a whole part of it with your sneaky slow loner play style and frustratingly low kill count. 

• Supporters

I'm going a bit peculiar and trying a milsim-light next month.  It's more of a lark though, Federals (camo gear) vs Cartel (as hideous as you like).  Unsurprisingly, the Cartel side filled up much faster. ;)

There's ammo limits, and no box mags on AEGs, but nothing about one primary.

Anyway, at the risk of veering back on topic, what OP probably wants is a hacksaw plus something to re-crown the barrel (a drill, dome nut and toothpaste).

Lop 1/3rd off the barrel of the bolt action.  The Well MB-02 shows that a short barrel can work fine (for cheap definitions of fine).  I'm just about needing to do that on my MB-03, it's dangling near my ankles, but want to see if I can get it shooting usefully first before I ruin it.

Take the stock and buffer tube off the back of the M4 and run the wiring forwards to a dummy laser box (aka PEQ box). Just done that, loving it.  For extra handiness, lop off the barrel just in front of the handguard.  That's on my agenda for this week .  Given the surprising FPS and accuracy that I'm getting from the tiny barrel on my M5PK, I'm a lot more confident about shortening my M4 now. 

• Supporters

@ the op, Liam, get a pistol or an smg, even an aep would be fine, cheap as chips, & your argument that "you might not stick with airsoft" just means that you'd have 3 rifs to sell instead of 2, where's the problem ?.

by your own admission, your a shortarse (no offense :) ), so slinging a sniper on your back mid game & then moving tactically would be a nightmare, & more likely to damage yourself or your kit.

now for me to head back to page 2 & see what all the bitchings about ;) 

Just my 2 pence to put in.

I got a metal CYMA 357 shotgun the other week. Strapped in on my back in a scabbard, ran around with my M4 and also had my pistol as a sidearm.

That lasted 5 mins before i couldnt see the point in it. I then ran the shotgun and pistol on the more CQB field and the M4 and pistol on the more open field. Itsn ot worth the hassle.

Get a pistol, they go cheap enough on the forums from time to time. If you get a good deal you may even sell it for more if you do quit airsoft. It depends whats trending at the time of purchase/sale to get real good deals.

Cheers

Rich

• Supporters

So having read back, yep guestmaccyd or whatever your moniker is, your being an over sensitive whiny bitch, man the fuck up & go with it, most of it here is lighthearted banter mixed with genuine helpful info.

as for the "one primary rule", that's mainly for milsim style games where a certain level of realism is expected, 99% of regular gamedays don't give a flying fuck what people carry, only that they meet the relevant fps rules etc.

& the leaving MOD sites early stuff only applies to secure MOD locations, those usually attached to "live" camps or ranges, for obvious reasons everybody has to be accounted for, it's no big deal if you get a call & have a family emergency etc that means you need to leave early, of course they'll let you off site, but it needs to be controlled is all.

• Head Moderator

MaccyD has had his account deleted as per his request  Previous posts now show as Guest before the old username. 

I tried this again on Sunday while sniping, as the battery/baseplate on my AEP fell off and disappeared, and my only other gun was my M4. Honestly it wasn't too bad. I had the M4 over my back on a strap, and no strap on the sniper rifle. I only took the M4 off when reaching a position I'd be sniping from for a while (at one point sniping to the front, and using the M4 to hold people off at close range on my left). It would have been a pain switching between the two a lot, or while on the move, but if you're sniping and generally having a slower gameplay style, you can set both guns down and it'll be doable without worrying about purpose-built holsters etc.

On 23/04/2018 at 10:15 AM, clumpyedge said:

Id also be questioning what site allows a sub 18 y/o to be using a 400fps rif

yes i am under 18 actually 14, but my older brother came to visit and has just started airsoft so i let him start a post to find out how you can carry 2 primarys efficiently as i would not consider myself a good enough skirmisher to give him any good suggestions so he wanted some from others 

he also didn't want a petty argument over site rules 

i moved house since i last played at combat action but is a really nice field

just stop arguing about pointless site rules 

guestmacey chill and go back to your car forums if you dont want to help as most others have

not just picking on you but you really should just calm down

liam

• Supporters

Oh, right, we're still doing the double-primary thing.

Cheap/free M4 + hacksaw + battery box =

6rZGZey.png

That's small enough to comfortably 2-point sling on your back, or even run a 1 point sling off the back of it as shown.

Yes, I know both of the iron sights are at the front, they're just there so I don't lose them - a reflex sight will be going on a riser behind that battery box.

Archived