Shooting range

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Here's a conversation I had with a local airgun/shotgun site.
I was a member when I had air rifles.
I wanted to find out if I could use my rifs there.
Apparently not.
But no actual explanation as to why...
Very annoying, as I have nowhere to test/zero my rifs :-(

Screen Shot 2018-04-18 at 11.23.36.png

• Supporters

Drop in and ask them face to face, in a non-aggressive, constructive manner?  Like we used to do before the intardnets turned us all into sociopaths.

Although at the end of the day, their gaff, their rules.  If they're not short on custom, and are really looking to make money from renting out airguns, there's no particular reason for them to accommodate us.

If they're used to air rifles then they should probably have overlapping security/safety protocols in place to cover an airsoft RIF.

Only thing I can think is that they don't fancy having plastic BBs lying around....

Also, depends what kind of range they have set up - if you shoot a pellet at wood it will either go into the wood or bounce off probably a few feet - a plastic BB hitting wood can ping off it a considerable distance. 

**Edit** - if you just want to zero scopes and change a spring you can ask basically anyone with private land if you could use their land for a short while , since you're not shooting at people- maybe offer a local farmer a few beers or something along those lines.... You'll look like a mentalist but I wouldn't let that get ya down ;) 

On 18/04/2018 at 1:20 PM, callumbagshaw said:

**Edit** - if you just want to zero scopes and change a spring you can ask basically anyone with private land if you could use their land for a short while , since you're not shooting at people- maybe offer a local farmer a few beers or something along those lines.... You'll look like a mentalist but I wouldn't let that get ya down ;) 

We have a farmer's field at the back of our house, so I think I'll have a few words - thanks for the suggestion! :D

• Supporters
On 18/04/2018 at 1:20 PM, callumbagshaw said:

This is how i do it, mate of mine has a couple of fields so sometimes go there.

Tbh most of the time i just zero on the site either before the game or sometimes during if its too far out for kentucky windage.

Archived