New person needing help

Stubbsy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

I’m new to the site and looking for some help from experienced airsoft players.

I am looking at purchasing my first AEG however, I’m not to sure on what battery it will need it’s a Nimh but, that’s about all I know, if anyone could recommend me a battery and charger it would be much appreciated below is the aeg I plan on buying. 

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/electric/aeg-acw-cqb-black-a-k

Thank you for taking time to read my post 

• Supporters

Have a read through the pinned posts in the New Players and Arrivals section. They have all the information you require. A lot of your questions can be answered by searching the forum.

You'll need to ask them to downgrade the fps and apply a two tone service on ordering (unless you have a defense). 

As for a battery, the VP racing will work fine. I use a Zero One 8.4 1600mAh.

Get yourself a compatible smart charger and you'll be good to go. 

Hi

Welcome to the forum. 

Have you got UKARA sorted?  If not you might want to wait before purchasing.

As a new player myself, would suggest you play a few skirmishes and try different guns before taking the plunge.

Cheers

G

• Supporters
12 hours ago, Gepard said:

You'll need to ask them to downgrade the fps and apply a two tone service on ordering (unless you have a defense). 

Don't think TWG do a two tone service, or ship to the UK without a UKARA number (I may be wrong on the second bit, it's been a while).

I have a ukara and have played around 5-8 skirmish days

• Supporters
28 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Don't think TWG do a two tone service, or ship to the UK without a UKARA number (I may be wrong on the second bit, it's been a while).

Looks like you're right. OP's got a UKARA anyway. 

Ive been recommended a battery from TWG after asking about the product here is the battery they have recommended me http://www.taiwangun.com/en/batteries-li-po/battery-li-po-2100mah-7-4v-20-40c-8fields

they also recommended me a charger for it however I can’t tell if it is a smart charger or not 

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/battery-chargers/v3-charger-for-lipo-life-2s-3s-ipower?from=listing

thanks for the help thus far 

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Stubbsy said:

Ive been recommended a battery from TWG after asking about the product here is the battery they have recommended me http://www.taiwangun.com/en/batteries-li-po/battery-li-po-2100mah-7-4v-20-40c-8fields

they also recommended me a charger for it however I can’t tell if it is a smart charger or not 

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/battery-chargers/v3-charger-for-lipo-life-2s-3s-ipower?from=listing

thanks for the help thus far 

Nope and nope.

https://www.componentshop.co.uk/7-4v-2200mah-35c-continuous-discharge-lipo-battery.html

and

https://www.componentshop.co.uk/accucel-6-digital-charger-with-5a-power-supply.html

Oh ok , I’ve seen a few reviews on the AEG and the battery fits into the handguard.

Most people have been using butterfly styled batteries seem’s like it’s quite limiting for space in the compartment.

My friend has recommend me if I do purchase the AEG to take it to my local airsoft shop they should be able to help me out. 

• Head Moderator

Get yourself an iMax B6 balance charger. You can find previous topics about it by using the search tool, 3 character minimum length, so try term "imax" and have a read through any results.

• Supporters

If you've got one near to you that would be the better option. At least then you can try out a bunch of guns and make sure you buy the right batteries. Plus you get to take it home right away instead of waiting on postage

• Supporters
23 minutes ago, Stubbsy said:

Oh ok , I’ve seen a few reviews on the AEG and the battery fits into the handguard.

Most people have been using butterfly styled batteries seem’s like it’s quite limiting for space in the compartment.

My friend has recommend me if I do purchase the AEG to take it to my local airsoft shop they should be able to help me out. 

The battery I linked to is the same size and better quality. The SCAR style guns usually have the battery in the stock so they have plenty of space for a big battery like the one I linked to (or indeed the one you showed yourself).

Yer I have been recommended the b6 smart charger from my friend said it’s one of the best on the market.

I’ve got 2 airsoft shops within 18 miles or so from me so plenty of options, just was having a browse I was originally checking out the scar from cybergun but, then saw this seems to be more hassle when ordering online with no clue as to what battery I need: 

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, Stubbsy said:

Yer I have been recommended the b6 smart charger from my friend said it’s one of the best on the market.

I’ve got 2 airsoft shops within 18 miles or so from me so plenty of options, just was having a browse I was originally checking out the scar from cybergun but, then saw this seems to be more hassle when ordering online with no clue as to what battery I need: 

The B6 is great - as long as you get a genuine one. There's lots of cheap knockoffs about!

Battery choices are indeed a pain! SCAR type are pretty easy though because of the huge space in the stock for them.

• Supporters
17 hours ago, Gepard said:

You'll need to ask them to downgrade the fps

Repeating for emphasis.  As stock, that's not an airsoft gun, it's a lethal barrelled firearm.  It's even slightly too hot to lock off to semi auto and use as a DMR at some sites.  You'll need to take them up on their offer to " NOTE! We can downgrade to 330 fps (1 Joule) in price. Just write about it in order commentary. " (i.e. put in an M100 spring rather than the stock M130).

Yer it’s fine my local site limit is 350fps for AEG’s so I’m aware I need to downgrade it 

9 minutes ago, Stubbsy said:

Yer it’s fine my local site limit is 350fps for AEG’s so I’m aware I need to downgrade it 

To be fair I'd ask for 330. Many sites I play at have a hard limit at 340, one is 330 + 5% so 346. Nothing worse than having to put it back in the box and go rental :(

I’ve been looking at the guns my local shops sell and I’m seeing the G&G CM18 MOD1 is a well received aeg seen a YouTube video with over 100k views think I might pick that up from my local and get the to give me a hand with the beginner stuff 

• Supporters

The Combat Machines are some of the most popular beginner guns on the market - and for good reason. 

I have just seen the G&G GC16 in battleship grey, I think this will be my target now.

After seeing reviews on it and a ample amount of information readily available on it, this will be my purchase from what im getting out of the box should be a gun that will last me a long while and well within my budget. 

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/gc16-predator-combat-machine-battleship-grey.htm?name=gc16-predator-combat-machine-battleship-grey.htm#.Wtfv_hbTWEd

Pistol is already sorted ever since I played splinter cell, Marui five seven is going to be my go to back up when on the field.

Thanks for all the help guys it is much appreciated, I have learn a lot during this short time of search around and from experienced players such as yourselves .

Archived