Best xbox game for guns??

ibo7
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

What is the best considered xbox shooter for its guns plus the gameplay? I'm thinking eg. Call of Duty, Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six Siege.....

What has best gun replicas, mods whilst also being a great game?

• Supporters

"Best".. Well that's subjective. Does it have to be for Xbox? I really like the Arma series on PC. 

I suppose if I had to pick one I'd choose Battlefield 4. Call of Duty maps recently are too small, too fast paced for me. I like Siege, but hardly play it. Mainly cause I suck at it. Wildlands is a lot of fun with friends but not something I often come back to. I've been playing a lot of The Division recently. It had a shakey first year or so but it's become something I'm really enjoying. 

So yeah, Battlefield would be my preferred shooter on console. 

It is very subjective and a bit of an open question.

I suppose I mean best game for collecting weapons and modding them, a real gun-lover type of game.

I completed most of The Division a while ago and it is an underrated game. 

• Supporters

I could build you a good gaming PC for about £500. Less if you buy used parts or wait for sales. You could cut corners on the GPU I suppose. GTX 960 gets the job done but a 970 is better.

It's so worth it if you play a lot of games. 

Tarkov is the most boring game I've ever played. :lol:

I play squad on pc. Not good for gun customisation. But the sounds a cool with a good bassy headset. 

The mortar sounds are pretty good. The ieds always sound huge

I've never actually consider a gaming PC but it just sounds expensive. Then there's the tech side of it with graphics card, processor speed, monitor etc.

Console is just plug and play.

Games do seem a lot cheaper though with Steam etc.

• Supporters

Squad is a lot of fun. Communication is kind of key though. Bit clunky on the controls but if you get a few friends together you can kick ass. Haven't played since vics were added. Kinda want to play now..

Building a PC is easier than you'd think. Once built it is literally plug and play. It's pretty much just putting the parts into the slots that fit. The hardest thing will be putting on the damn fan.

1 minute ago, Duff said:

The leap in tech from the last few gen consoles has been getting smaller and smaller. You'll still struggle with 60fps 4k on the latest iteration. Spend that cash on a PC and it's another story. 

I guess that why we have had Xbox One, the One S and now the One X. Just slightly modded version of its predecessor, to match the upgrades of PCs

• Supporters

No FOV restrictions, mods, more and cheaper games, better graphics, more FPS (which does matter), exclusives.. Blah blah. 

Just a better overall experience. 

Console will never be on par with the master race! :lol:

• Supporters

Couple years?! I wish I had that build. It would last me a decade.

Oh, look at what I won on eBay last night btw. :D

Screenshot_2018-04-17-11-06-06.png

5 minutes ago, Gepard said:

Couple years?! I wish I had that build. It would last me a decade.

Oh, look at what I won on eBay last night btw.. 

Screenshot_2018-04-17-11-06-06.png

That's a decent price! Can't find any good wheels since I swapped from ps4 to xbox one. I'm not paying over £200! I've paid less for real cars!

• Supporters

Yeah I'm well chuffed. Can't wait to get up in a UH-1 on DCS with those pedals. 

I enjoy Battlefield 4.  I used to build my own PCs, but do enough IT for work, so no longer interested in tinkering.

I don't need to think/faff when I fire up the Xbox.

13 hours ago, ibo7 said:

What is the best considered xbox shooter for its guns plus the gameplay? I'm thinking eg. Call of Duty, Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six Siege.....

What has best gun replicas, mods whilst also being a great game?

You on Steam? Arma 3 Plus a couple mods added every rifle, Gun, SMG you can possibly think of.

2 hours ago, ibo7 said:

I've never actually consider a gaming PC but it just sounds expensive. Then there's the tech side of it with graphics card, processor speed, monitor etc.

Console is just plug and play.

Games do seem a lot cheaper though with Steam etc.

This ---

2 hours ago, Gepard said:

Buildinga PC is easier than you'd think. Once built it is literally plug and play. It's pretty much just putting the parts into the slots that fit. 

Building pc's 15 years ago was more difficult, but the designs of the components now are all lego-like. Pretty much if it doesn't fit easily, it should be there! 

If you are interested, post what games you want to play and a budget and I'am sure pliantly of folk (me included) could spec you up something. Initially it would be more expensive than a console, but it would definitely outlive them. However the price of graphic cards and ram are at a stupidly high point right now due to bit coin mining.... 

I'm just looking at available xbox games right now, if I did get a PC it won't be any time soon.

2 hours ago, Arwen said:

Building pc's 15 years ago was more difficult, but the designs of the components now are all lego-like. Pretty much if it doesn't fit easily, it should be there! 

Funnily enough it was about that long ago.  Now where did I leave my copy of Windows XP .... :D

7 hours ago, Gepard said:

Squad is a lot of fun. Communication is kind of key though. Bit clunky on the controls but if you get a few friends together you can kick ass. Haven't played since vics were added. Kinda want to play now..

Building a PC is easier than you'd think. Once built it is literally plug and play. It's pretty much just putting the parts into the slots that fit. The hardest thing will be putting on the damn fan.

The british army is being added soon. And apparently helicopters.  So should change it up pretty well.

Archived