Absolute Airsoft outdoor skirmish site

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I spent my second enjoyable day at Absolute Airsoft near Reading three weeks after my first visit to the site this time with eighty other players.

The day was dry apart from a short shower which was great and after the safety briefing we started a warm up game  of capture the trench where players have unlimited lives but to re-spawn one of your own team mates must shoot you. (That,s the way to start your Day). I really like this game as being an old geezer of 63 it means I don't have to keep walking miles to re-spawn and being a time limited game its the number of players that make it into the trench from both teams that matters. Note I was not the oldest player he was 64.

After a quick break at the end of that game to reload we are back out playing a game to capture three different objectives in the best time, getting our two man carry bomb into each in turn. Then after a reload break we switch positions and the fastest team time wins. Played lots of other games, again love it using the castle.

What I love about this site which is part shared with Delta Force paintball is that Mark the guy running it all wants us the players to enjoy ourselves. Mark keeps his price to play low , keeps the price of the BB's he sells low, keeps the price of all things airsoft he sells low and the price of the food and drinks he sells low. Mark is also a gun tech and very often fixes peoples guns at the events.

The other thing I really loved on the day was my very own Specna SA-HO2 which I was so angry about being ripped off with by A2 Supplies of Reading as in one of my early posts. Well I rebuilt this gun with new SHS gears, perfect shimming now, new SHS high torque motor, new grip and pro-win flat hopped bucking and nub. Oh and I replaced the main spring with a 110 rocket spring which now gives a perfect 347 FPS with a .20. The FPS  variation shot to shot is around 1 to 1.5 FPS. On Sunday the gun performed great giving me superb range and accuracy using .25BBs and I was hitting almost every one I aimed at apart from one of two lads dressed in black ! come on take your hits!!

This site gets better each time I visit. Great. Great.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

With me not getting out very often to 'soft these days, I don't want to waste it on somewhere with a 50/50 reputation like Absolute.

I'm sure it's fine, but I'll be annoyed if I've used one of my get-out-jail-free cards on a shit day in the woods :lol:

Not every site will be to everyone's taste, I like it as the other players are friendly, if you drop a mag it gets handed in. The games are played in good spirit with no one trying to hurt you. The only moans I heard were from a couple of players that had been hit on the forehead and I say to them if you cant take the pain then wear full face protection. If you have flesh exposed it will get hit sooner of later.

• 1 month later...

Hmm do I go to this site for my first time playing airsoft.. 

Looks like a good site, may give it a go. 

On 5/20/2018 at 12:00 AM, Kroshy said:

Hmm do I go to this site for my first time playing airsoft.. 

I played again yesterday and i just enjoy it more each time

we should pick a weekend and all meet down there

can do the weekend of 16-17th June (I have to book holiday for it)

I doubt every site in uk is perfect and not 100% everyone's tastes how ever if its out doors you want then its definitely that the greenery is growing high down there loads of hiding placing when playing in the large area. All depends on the day to what games they play really they are playing more in their area nowadays but they do drop into the Delta force paintball area when zones become free however most players prefer the longer range to play rather than close quarter.  have not actually tried the mall yet Duff but then i enjoy being outside rather than stuck in buildings my camo don`t work that good when stood by a magnolia wall just can`t seem to blend in.

Wouldn't worry too much about camo, many had MTP in the Mall, a few DPM, a few black, a few MTP Black and lots of casual wear.

A couple dressed in suits going for the Hitman look.

Cheers

G

2 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

Errrrr....

Hard to understand? Saturday=No, Sunday=Yes ;)

To make it even more confusing for you they sometimes do evening games during the week... 

2 hours ago, EDcase said:

Hard to understand? Saturday=No, Sunday=Yes ;)

To make it even more confusing for you they sometimes do evening games during the week... 

Clear as mud matey.....😂😂

• Supporters

Just be careful if they suggest their shop to you, they're affiliated with Special Airsoft Supplies, a site very well known for scamming and stealing from people.

10 minutes ago, M_P said:

Just be careful if they suggest their shop to you, they're affiliated with Special Airsoft Supplies, a site very well known for scamming and stealing from people.

Oh... well I have zero need for anything else unless they force me to buy bio bb's. But that's not a good thing to hear at all.

• Supporters
36 minutes ago, Duff said:

Oh... well I have zero need for anything else unless they force me to buy bio bb's. But that's not a good thing to hear at all.

I'm sure the skirmish site itself is fine, just wouldn't want anyone pointed in the direction of SAS unknowing what it's actually like 

I do not believe that for one second if you make a statement like that you should be prepared to substantiate it!

• Supporters
3 hours ago, gasman said:

I do not believe that for one second if you make a statement like that you should be prepared to substantiate it!

More than happy to do so, they're notorious within the airsoft community. The last thing I want is for them/Mark Wooley to screw over someone else.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/176527839167561/?ref=group_header&view=group

http://www.gunmanforum.com/index.php?showtopic=3786

http://forums.dragonvalley.co.uk/index.php?topic=5585.0

https://forums.zeroin.co.uk/forum/airsoft-related/general-airsoft-discussion/2089-special-airsoft-supplies-sas

http://www.france-airsoft.fr/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t136509.html

Jaysus basket weaving Christmas!

Well... if they're affiliated with that shit then I don't really want to go anywhere near the place now. How much are they entwined? Does the dick who runs that shop also run/own Absolute or what's the deal?

Mark has nothing to do with the shop and the shop has nothing to do with the site.

Mark buys guns from that shop and others at good prices which he sells cheaper than we could buy from the shops ourselves.

I am corrected he does own that home run shop you could knock me down with a feather. Its not what I was told.

On 6/2/2018 at 12:30 AM, M_P said:

I would say that was substantiated now I am going off to be sick

Well sod it, I intend to attend Absolute Airsoft on Sunday the 10th as Red Alert do every other weekend and today was too short notice and the 17th is way too far away.... I need to pew right meow!

If it's good when I go on the 10th I will probably go the following weekend of the 17th as well.

Well I am glad your going its a good site as I have said just sad that there seems to be so much bad stuff relating to Mark none of which I have experienced, just the opposite.

I'd still give it a go, but was planning to go on the 17th, but just realised it is Father's Day, so may have to postpone.

I don't think I can make the 10th.

Cheers

G

well I am going on the 17th fathers day is a good day to get away

Archived