Bells’n’whistles a custom does not make .

Druid799
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

On 15/04/2018 at 15:49, Gepard said:

If you want to spend £500 buying real steel parts to put on your combat machine then go right ahead. But internally it's exactly the same as every other CM16 on the market. 

Whatever you've done externally shouldn't effect the price of the gun. If you don't want to sell it because of certain parts then take them off and sell them individually. 

Just my two cents.

Internally, I agree- an upgrade is an upgrade and a sight, foregrip, changed stock etc. is NOT and upgrade.

As for paint jobs - I think if it's good enough, that SHOULD affect the cost of the gun. People like GearTech etc. put a lot of hard work into paint jobs and there are cases where I believe it adds value.

As a side note, again, just because someone has changed something internal, it's not necessarily an "upgrade" - the parts may be better but if they've been put in by a potato and the gun shoots 10 feet it's not an upgrade.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters
45 minutes ago, callumbagshaw said:

As for paint jobs - I think if it's good enough, that SHOULD affect the cost of the gun. People like GearTech etc. put a lot of hard work into paint jobs and there are cases where I believe it adds value.

Yes now for me this is bit of a gray area , a Gear-tech paint job Can make the most boring of guns look Truly epic , but its a custom paint job , it  does NOT make it a custom gun but yes I do agree it could raise the value of a gun (but equally could de-value it as it gives kit a very personal look which may not be to everyone’s tastes?) 

Really though when you come down to it 99% of paint jobs you see really are shit and have absolutely no benefit to a guns salability  .

So if you have a Hello Kitty rifle you are out of luck 😁

• Supporters
1 hour ago, MisterG said:

So if you have a Hello Kitty rifle you are out of luck 😁

That’ll depend on wether your names Wade Willson or not ? 😉

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Oh, Internets, how I love being in you:

7jdWbWr.png

Quite like, actually.

OMG ! those are truly orgasmic ! 😱😍

5 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Oh, Internets, how I love being in you:

7jdWbWr.png

Quite like, actually.

What the hell is that stock?

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Druid799 said:

OMG ! those are truly orgasmic ! 😱😍

adorable & divine I think are the words your looking for mate 👌

😜

• Supporters
10 minutes ago, Tackle said:

adorable & divine I think are the words your looking for mate 👌

😜

Nope , saw them and did a man wee ! 💘

• Supporters
3 hours ago, kasaran said:

As @CKinnerley said, it's a pistol brace that gets around certain gun laws in the US.

SB15-Pistol-Stabilizing-Brace.jpg

• Supporters
4 hours ago, kasaran said:

The fact it’s a ‘hello kitty’ M4 and Desert Eagle? Not a problem !

the outlandish shape of the stock ? Now THAT doth rise his indignation and rath upon it ! 😳

😂😂😂😂

• Supporters
18 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

The fact it’s a ‘hello kitty’ M4 and Desert Eagle? Not a problem !

the outlandish shape of the stock ?

That, and it's on the peachy side of pink.  The red sight is OK, that's the bow on top.

• 5 months later...
  • Supporters

There baaaaack ! 😱

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Here is my 2 cents, cuz im bored...

By the Oxford English Dictionary definition of Custom:

Made or done to order; custom-made.

By the Oxford English Dictionary definition of Custom-made/Custom-built:

Made or done to order for a particular customer.

By those definitions, even if someone hand carved a mahogany frame/stock from a solid block of wood to make a gun a particular way, its still not 'Custom' unless the person receiving/purchasing said item specifically asked for it that way beforehand.

My hi-capa is custom. I built it myself, for myself. I am my own customer. I built it to my own specifications. I hand fitted parts to make them compatible. I hand polished things to make them look a particular way that cannot be bought from any  shelf  in any shop.

Is this custom? Yes.

If I was to then, later on, wish to sell it, could I advertise it as custom? No.

If Druid was to approach me and ask me to build him a similar gun but he wants a specific amount of recoil, a specific slide, a specific paint job or engraving, is this custom? Yes, but only to him.

Now...

By the Oxford English Dictionary definition of 'Customised':

Modified to suit a particular individual or task.

So technically this definition also follows the above however that final word in the definition changes things slightly, 'Task'.

Lets quickly re-cover what has already been said.

Could I sell my hi-capa as 'Custom'? No, because the potential recipient did not ask for it that way.

But could I sell it as 'Customised'? Potentially. I have built it for increased speed of operation, increased muzzle velocity and increased range.

If I had built it to be a 'Race Gun' for competition firing then I could sell it as 'Customised' such as 'Customised for competition shooting' (the specific task).

Would it be anywhere close to the best race guns out there? Fuck no! That would require a lot more weight to be removed to make it faster and lighter, a red dot for precision etc.

However, if I had built it with competition shooting in mind, I could market it as customised (for competition shooting), just not very well.

Just look at the number of for sales there are in the classifieds almost a 1000, these people must see sense that custom made / upgraded doesn't make a 2nd hand market for properly 90% that are just as cheap new and with a little of your own money will be just as good as the rip off's, do they think only novices with money to flaunt look at the classifieds so will pay out. IMO

About time mods intervened and cleared the old stock out without that member re listing unless cheaper.

It's 2nd hand so price to 2nd hand.

Rant over

Got a custom m052 i might be willing to part with for £150.  Fair price id say. 

446704270_268553.jpg

• Supporters
45 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

If it’s what I think it is, then I think it is. I think.

that is what you think it is, so i think you're saying you think it does? :P

work in progress ofc, most of that gearbox shell is getting chopped, still need to mount everything together with the drive belts, make an insert, and buy a box to put it all in.

2 hours ago, Immortal said:

As soon as I think I've figured it out I think I haven't. Give me a clue?!

Looks like an electric grenade/mine to me.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Iceni said:

Looks like an electric grenade/mine to me.

It does take a lot of bb's, but its not a mine or a grenade ;)

When you figure out what it is you'll realise how utterly insane it is that i'm using an aeg motor to power it :P

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Iceni said:

The only other thing it would make then is a box mag.

Bingo!

Its a box mag for the '42, not sure yet if its gonna be a seperate ammo can or a backpack mount, still early days.

Archived