How do you store you aeg rifles?

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I’ll probably get a fair amount of stick for this but anyone who stores their guns on walls in plain sight or in an easily accessible place is a moron, regardless of the fact the are toy guns. 

Few friends have been burgled and all their rifs taken same with the amount of posts I see of people leaving stuff in cars. Store them away, even if it’s in a wardrobe or something.

Only one of a few reasons people have stuff on walls, that’s to show off.

Its ok.  Everything i own shall from now on be locked away in some sort of safe until my house looks like the inside of a bank vault.  😉

(plus the missus works from home. So its rarely empty)

1 hour ago, kasaran said:

Its ok.  Everything i own shall from now on be locked away in some sort of safe until my house looks like the inside of a bank vault.  😉

(plus the missus works from home. So its rarely empty)

Think you're slightly missing my point, I'm not saying they have to be locked in gun safes (if you have one great as I store multiple things in mine) but why bother leaving things to chance. Two people I know have had their homes broken into and all rifs and gear stolen, one friend had his garage that was at the end of his garden broken into which again had all his guns and gear in. I see multiple posts about people leaving guns and gear in their cars over night etc and they also have been broken into.

There's a fine line between a responsible gun owner (in any sense) and an irresponsible one. Only takes one person to see what you have and decide they want it.

Well short of here its hardly on public display.  And i find it kinda sad that you think you cant have things out in your house on the off chance someone breaks in and robs it.  Is your tv in one of those cupboard units from the 70s? So its locked away? 😉

They have always been out. Theres an earlier post showing where they were previously.  The new storage soloution was to free up floor space.

Just now, kasaran said:

Well short of here its hardly on public display.  And i find it kinda sad that you think you cant have things out in your house on the off chance someone breaks in and robs it.  

They have always been out. Theres an earlier post showing where they were previously.  The new storage soloution was to free up floor space.

Having a nice big TV on the wall and replica firearms are two totally different things. Its just an opinion, you don't have to like it nor do you have to listen to it but personally I think its a stupid idea to have guns (regardless of the type - be it airsoft/air rifle etc etc) hung on a wall or stored in a way that they are easily accessible to other people.

Just now, clumpyedge said:

Having a nice big TV on the wall and replica firearms are two totally different things. Its just an opinion, you don't have to like it nor do you have to listen to it but personally I think its a stupid idea to have guns (regardless of the type - be it airsoft/air rifle etc etc) hung on a wall or stored in a way that they are easily accessible to other people.

Fair enough.  I get the point your making, I do.  No ones going to point a tv at a petrol station attendant and demand they empty the till.

Buuut for now anyway i like my display. 

Just now, Slamz said:

EFA

A toy which is still a replica firearm, which in the hands of someone with other intentions for which other people would have no idea if its real or not. Why do you think sites and shops ask you to have guns covered until you are on the premises?

2 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

A toy which is still a replica firearm, which in the hands of someone with other intentions for which other people would have no idea if its real or not. Why do you think sites and shops ask you to have guns covered until you are on the premises?

And why does that have any relevance to hanging them on your wall? I'm fully aware of the impact of a RIF out in public, but the wall of your house isn't public space. Do you spend your whole life worrying about the tiny possibly of 'what if someone breaks in and steals my toy guns'? 

Your house is secure, there's no legal responsibility to lock away or hide your RIF's, therefore do whatever you want with them inside your own home. There's very little difference in them being hung on the wall or put in a wardrobe, someone ransacking your home will probably find them wherever they are. 

Your opinion is your opinion at the end of the day, calling people morons for their choices INSIDE THEIR OWN HOME and within the confines of the law, just makes you look silly. (In my opinion, of course ;)

7 minutes ago, Slamz said:

And why does that have any relevance to hanging them on your wall? I'm fully aware of the impact of a RIF out in public, but the wall of your house isn't public space. Do you spend your whole life worrying about the tiny possibly of 'what if someone breaks in and steals my toy guns'? 

Your house is secure, there's no legal responsibility to lock away or hide your RIF's, therefore do whatever you want with them inside your own home. There's very little difference in them being hung on the wall or put in a wardrobe, someone ransacking your home will probably find them wherever they are. 

Your opinion is your opinion at the end of the day, calling people morons for their choices INSIDE THEIR OWN HOME and within the confines of the law, just makes you look silly. (In my opinion, of course ;)

Yes you are right, there is no legal reason you cant. But having said that why make it easier?

Not sure about the area you live in but when you have a fair amount of burglaries local and as I said in previous posts the amount of people I have seen post publicly about being broken into why take the risk of having valuables and or RIF's hanging on your wall, you say my house is secure but as a victim of being burgled I can assure you the majority of people who think their house is secure are naive. I personally have numerous people come to my house for varying reasons be it window cleaner, tradesmen etc so why would I want to openly advertise the fact that I have replicas hanging about?

Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one. The fact I'm not the only person to think the same way suggests that my opinion is also a valid one.

1 minute ago, clumpyedge said:

Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one. The fact I'm not the only person to think the same way suggests that my opinion is also a valid one.

Just boils down to this really, I'm not the only person who has mine either, so I guess both are valid. Calling people morons for their valid opinion though devalues your opinion, imo.

Leant against my gun cabinet in the spare room cupboard along with all my other bit and bobs the missus disapproves of.

All of mine live in a locked metal cabinet in the garage, partly for security but mainly just to keep safe and out of the way. Batteries are stored in there too in an ammo box.

• Supporters
15 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

What it boils down too is what clumpy said , immaterial wether it’s a deactivated real gun/Airsoft gun or a model made from cheese to the uninitiated it is a case of ‘if it looks like a duck , walks like a duck , quacks like a duck , then it’s a duck !’ They see an Airsoft gun (and more times than not ANY gun shaped article) and joe public thinks it’s real hence if asked I always recommend having them away out of sight .

Not saying they MUST be locked away mind you just well out of sight , I’m lucky my attic is boarded and well insulated so mine are all up there in my ‘man cave’ so I do have some hung on a wall (chimney brest actually) but I’d never hang them on a wall in a down stairs room that’s for certain. 

I think this is an interesting debate both sides. I'm planning on building a wooden cabinet/wardrobe with gridwall or slatwall inside. Lock and bolts on the doors of the unit so the kids won't get in when they get old enough.

BUT now I have put locks on this thing it becomes something a thief would definitely break into as it shows something valuable inside.

Ideally you buy a gun safe but they are a lot of money and the ones I have seen - and as far as I can see in the pictures - are not tailored for most aegs. Couldn't a couple of thieves just nick your gun safe anyway and break into it later? Bolted or not. 

I won't have mine on window display but if I get robbed when we aren't in they would find the rifs anyway, whether on the wall or in a locked unit. If I had them visible on a wall and had trades round then I would take them down and out of sight or push the hidden button and spin the wall around. 

I urr on the side of they are OK on a wall but try to keep them hidden from window sight

1 hour ago, Resistor170 said:

push the hidden button and spin the wall around. 

I like that idea. Perhaps a bookcase that slides out the way to reveal an armoury.

The button could be a specific book. Found my next project... :lol:

25 minutes ago, Immortal said:

I like that idea. Perhaps a bookcase that slides out the way to reveal an armoury.

The button could be a specific book. Found my next project... :lol:

That's perfect because thieves can't read. Just pick a thick book 👌🏻

Archived