How do you store you aeg rifles?

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have a Brattonsound gun cabinet that has held air rifles for several years.

I had been thinking about using this to store any aegs I might buy. But there are two problems. Any guns I buy are likely to be sub-carbines or CQB length rifles, and the foam dividers in my cabinet are too high and the spaces too narrow. Because it has held mainly springer air rifles the foam has been in contact with gun oils for long periods of time, and I hesitate to allow this to have contact with even the externals of airsoft guns. 

My first gun has a folding metal stock. Is there any problem with storing such a gun upright with the stock folded out? I just wondered if the weight of the rest of the rifle pressing down on the stock might weaken the folding mechanism over time. Would I be better storing the gun horizontally?

What do you use. Ideally a simple wooden cupboard for which I could fashion my own dividers at my preferred height would be good. Any recommendations would be appreciated. I have been considering the foam dividers that are attached to a metal surface magnetically, but these kind of dividers are not very deep and are designed to hold a rifle by the barrel ie. rather tight for a gun with a ris or thick hand guard.

• Supporters

Personally I just keep it in a gun case and stored vertically against a closet. 

I doubt any residue from your airguns would have any effect on your AEG. Storing it folded will be fine. 

I'm not familiar with how you maintain gun cabinates, but could you not give the foam a clean if you're worried about any oil? 

• Supporters

To be honest, it really depends on what gun your trying to store, and how fussy you about storing them.

My M60 is kept in a custom made wooden crate made to look military, it also doubles up as a nifty seat when on site.

All my other guns are in gun boxes, either held in with kaizen foam, or just resting in them.

My room looks like I am awaiting a war of some kind!

• 5 months later...

Does anyone store their AEGs in garage? I’ve moved house and have an internal garage and thinking of creating some sort of wall mount. 

Also so should they be stored at within certain temperature thresholds? Just thinking even being a new integral garage it will still go down to low temps if not even minus during winter 

9 hours ago, Jimbodini42 said:

Does anyone store their AEGs in garage? I’ve moved house and have an internal garage and thinking of creating some sort of wall mount. 

Also so should they be stored at within certain temperature thresholds? Just thinking even being a new integral garage it will still go down to low temps if not even minus during winter 

Mine are stored in the garage and never had an issue, only thing is I store my green gas and co2 in the house and bring the gear in 24/36 hours before to come back to temperature during the winter (mainly the mags). 

I can can dig out a picture to give you some ideas if you like. 

• Supporters

I store mine in the attic , and I’ve never had any problems (it’s well insulated , roof and floor properly done) I get the guns I want down the night before so they get to acclimatise to ‘room temp’ .

Not the best wood worker.  But thrown together from banister and shelving out of b and q

20180603_144405.jpg

Mine all stay in gun bags in the garage as I have no room in the house. Some stand vertically, others horizontally, depends on where I can see a space to leave them after the game :D 

5 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

Mine all stay in gun bags in the garage as I have no room in the house. Some stand vertically, others horizontally, depends on where I can see a space to leave them after the game :D 

Cool - nice to know others are as I started panicking about temperatures. 

1 hour ago, Lozart said:

On the wall. Innit.

BZbpeg2r7FnE3NNzhe7ffLU-NpWDgg0gMICWskmu

That is incredible! Think I’m going to do something similar to the garage wall. Am I right in thinking you got the metal frame from Ikea? (Seem to think so from another thread) Apologise if wrong. 

9 hours ago, kasaran said:

Not the best wood worker.  But thrown together from banister and shelving out of b and q

20180603_144405.jpg

Also very cool! 👍🏻👍🏻😃😃

I doubt the temperatures in the UK are extreme enough to mess about with airsoft gear in storage, its gas and gas mags when you want to use them in cold weather that will cause issues. I get my bag out a day or so before a game to sort out gear anyway so my gas and few gas mags will have a chance to warm up anyway.

• Supporters
20 hours ago, Jimbodini42 said:

That is incredible! Think I’m going to do something similar to the garage wall. Am I right in thinking you got the metal frame from Ikea? (Seem to think so from another thread) Apologise if wrong. 

Nope, that came from Ebay. Just search for "Gridwall".

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/10/2018 at 15:11, Lozart said:

Nope, that came from Ebay. Just search for "Gridwall".

Thanks for the inspiration.  Now I have somewhere to store my RIFs.2017004925_DSC_00171.thumb.JPG.ee1458fcdcca363175ca3f6c5011cde5.JPG

Poorly.

Next on my Airsoft to-do list:

- Install new VSR nub and tweak

- Sell VSR

- Buy SR25 and parts

Sort out new storage

On 15/04/2018 at 13:33, rocketdogbert said:

I built this last year, guns have changed since, and I’d probably design it differently now, but it still works fine

gAW2F89.jpg

absolutely love this! may have to build one of my own. hopefully without the missus noticing I've burned her clothes 🤣

Have any of you shelled out on one of the Beta Project style free standing  rifle racks witn adjustable height aluminium bars and plastic spacers held in place by polymer uprights?

They are also marketed under different brand names like Matrix and Nuprol.

• 2 months later...
On 27/10/2018 at 13:04, emilianoksa said:

Have any of you shelled out on one of the Beta Project style free standing  rifle racks witn adjustable height aluminium bars and plastic spacers held in place by polymer uprights?

They are also marketed under different brand names like Matrix and Nuprol.

I made this after seeing the ones you're talking about. Cheaper to make and bonus if you like making things. I don't use it now but want to build something better in the future, space pending. Similar to what I have seen someone has done on this post...the one like it's built into a wardrobe. 

IMG_20190127_231946.jpg

On 15/04/2018 at 13:33, rocketdogbert said:

I built this last year, guns have changed since, and I’d probably design it differently now, but it still works fine

gAW2F89.jpg

...this man here.

• 1 month later...

Ahm. Ladies and gentlemen, I have wanted to do this for a while.  Having slaved away for hours, spent enough money to buy another gun (doh) and hired a van to now have my guns stored vertically, it is ready... 

Behold...

[Imagine a thing of beauty like none have witnessed before]

Now the thread will make no sense

Archived