Krycrack help

cropzy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

The inevitable has happened.....

I have a krytac SPR MK1. I have heard about krycrack however I have never seen it in the flesh until now.
IMG_20180415_092342.jpg?width=1202&heigh

Now I am aware it is out of warranty. However I have been doing research on this issue and found that krytac can still sort this, but they assess it on a case by case basis.

If the worst comes to worse and they cannot fix this, what would be my best option?

Ideally swapping the lower would be the most obvious route, which I would like to do. I have heard the krytac lowers are properiarty though, which causes isues. However some people say you can just swap the lower with no issue at all as it is a V2 gearbox. I can't swap out the lower myself as I am not good enough. I can do most things however I dont know everything. I could give it a try. What are my best options?

I did have the intention of swapping this anyways as I would like something smaller. But now I am not sure as if I change the lower I might make it a giant project.

Can you help?

First talk to Krytac, you could try direct on their technical forum

https://krytac.forumchitchat.com/

Their technical team is active on it.

Second, find their official UK importer and ask them.

Last, resort, swap out the receivers, honestly it’s a very easy job, check out YouTube videos for help 

rdb

• Supporters

How did it happen ? Was there any serious impact involved or did it just ‘crack’ ? If it’s the latter then to me that’s just crap , the amount you pay for them I think it’s safe too say you shouldn’t have to be waiting for the poxy thing just to break on you ! :blink:

• Supporters

Hay matey , just seen this is for sale or swap , think you better pull it from sale to avoid confusion ? ;)

2 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

First talk to Krytac, you could try direct on their technical forum

https://krytac.forumchitchat.com/

Their technical team is active on it.

Second, find their official UK importer and ask them.

Last, resort, swap out the receivers, honestly it’s a very easy job, check out YouTube videos for help 

rdb

I have read that krytac use properiatry lowers?

52 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

How did it happen ? Was there any serious impact involved or did it just ‘crack’ ? If it’s the latter then to me that’s just crap , the amount you pay for them I think it’s safe too say you shouldn’t have to be waiting for the poxy thing just to break on you ! :blink:

It's very common and happens to a lot of owners. I don't abuse it or smash it. It just happens via normal wear and tear.

21 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Hay matey , just seen this is for sale or swap , think you better pull it from sale to avoid confusion ? ;)

Yeah I removed the classified but for some reason I cannot remove the post.

• Supporters

Well that’s a bit of a shit to say the least ! Krytec do sell them selves as ‘high end’ AEG‘s so you’d think if it’s got a known design flaw they’d address it !

Really sorry for you mate , I’ve been playing for yrs and as I’m sure you can guess I’ve accrued loads of guns over that time , some I know I haven’t used in yrs but I’d still be gutted if any bust like yours has .

• Supporters

To be honest bud I’d recommend looking at something like Cyma or G&G for a replacement these days , there’s still a hell of a lot of gun ‘snobbery’ in Airsoft (I used to be just as guilty as the rest) but they’ve really stepped up there quality especially cyma, back last yr I bought a Zhukov AK from Taiwan Gun and it’s an absolute corker for the price and around the same time a friend bought a cyma ‘tacticool’ M4 and the quality of build was outstanding as well !   

• Supporters

This really isn't limited to Krytac, that's the weak point of any AR lower including the real ones.  Seen many airsoft ARs break the exact same place.  Not that Krytac receivers are great I've got a broken bit on mine too, their cheap and nasty zinc-alu zamac/pot metal 'stuff' is the exact same as 99% of every other airsoft M4 on the market (and the vast majority of metal used in airsoft overall).

SHIELD (as in the red dot sights) are the people you actually have to go through in the UK for replacements and I've found them to be utterly fuckin useless, it's been close on a year since I asked to get a replacement LVOA lower and still nothing.  Communication has been about the worst I've had with any company ever.  Although the regular type lowers should be a lot more common which is handy in your case.

To be honest if I was you, I’d rub it all down, find local welder/fabricator head a long and ask them to weld it up for you, bung em a few quid cash it’ll take 10 minutes of their time. Then clean it up/smooth out the weld and repaint it.

by time you message Krytac talk to distributors wait for parts whatever you could have just got it done. Plus if Krytac won’t help and you gotta buy new this is cheaper.

please correct me if this is wrong info or not possible. I know plenty of welders and it’s would just be my first go to..

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, richmt11 said:

To be honest if I was you, I’d rub it all down, find local welder/fabricator head a long and ask them to weld it up for you, bung em a few quid cash it’ll take 10 minutes of their time. Then clean it up/smooth out the weld and repaint it.

by time you message Krytac talk to distributors wait for parts whatever you could have just got it done. Plus if Krytac won’t help and you gotta buy new this is cheaper.

please correct me if this is wrong info or not possible. I know plenty of welders and it’s would just be my first go to..

Never tried welding a Krytac but most airsoft guns are not weldable. They are usually either potmetal alloy which does not weld or a cheap cast aluminium that welds poorly and has very little strength to the joint.

9 hours ago, CKinnerley said:

The krytac one.  No guarantee at all anything else will fit, in fact my wager would be they probably won't knowing airsoft tolerances.

The thing is. I'd rather not go for another krytac one and risk this happening again. But there is naff all info online.

16 minutes ago, richmt11 said:

Looking at the metal and quality of it. I don't think it could be welded. It doesn't seem high enough quality. I don't know.

I don't want to end up paying a fortune. I can swap lowers easy enough. But if they don't fit I ain't no tech and I don't have the tools. Urgh. I didn't cheap out so I would avoid issues and yet I get this with krytac.

Yeh it’s a shame that it can’t be welded wouldnhave just been my first go to if mine broke.

i believe the issue is resolved on the mk2 lower so replacing for a new Krytac one you should be ok?

its disappointing for a lot of people who spend a lot of money but unfortunately in all industries it is often the case that the first generations of products have flaws. Usually with major flaws where the customer is quote often not responsible for its failings, even post warranty, the manufacturer will do the right thing.

• Supporters

No way on earth it'll weld, I'd bet no other brand will fit either.

You either do some glue bodging or buy a new one, which is why I recommended it already.  It's bs but there's no way around this other than trying to get a new lower out of SHIELD, maybe go to Krytac US (part of KRISS now I think?) first to get a new one, or the shop you bought it from.  Have you not contacted any of them yet?

Archived