So I assumed a thread would be started by now, but it hasn't. So I'll start it:

I assume everyone knows about what happened last night in Syria and was just wondering what everyone's thoughts were on the matter?

We blew up 3 chemical weapons facilities with no civilian casualties. That's a good thing. These weapons need to be destroyed. 

edit: By 'we' I mean the US, France and UK. Our involvement was quite small compared to the US - The 4 Tornados each fired 2 Storm Shadow missiles destroying 1 facility. 

I’m really torn if I’m honest, but I do agree with Grant’s quote, below

I blame Brexit.  And Blair.

16 hours ago, Gepard said:

We blew up 3 chemical weapons facilities with no civilian casualties. That's a good thing. These weapons need to be destroyed. 

edit: By 'we' I mean the US, France and UK. Our involvement was quite small compared to the US - The 4 Tornados each fired 2 Storm Shadow missiles destroying 1 facility. 

Not if you listen to the Syrian State media. 3 civs got caught. Trouble is with the media, you can’t trust any of them, so we will never actually know the truth.

Anyone who thinks all of this is over is delusional.

I personally don’t believe in the bombings, they are indiscriminate, but I don’t think we should be putting boots on the ground, too much risk.

The cause of all of this was our former governments removing Suddam Hussain from power. We interfere, and we make things worse. No governments ever go far enough to prevent issues rising up, or they go too far. 

Only 3? Pretty sure they bombed more like 100 different locations. I very much doubt they took much care to ensure they weren't civillian areas.  It sickens me if I'm honest and I don't see why we insist on getting involved in other peoples political and religous bullshit.

1 hour ago, Prisce said:

Not if you listen to the Syrian State media. 3 civs got caught. Trouble is with the media, you can’t trust any of them, so we will never actually know the truth.

I did read up on the declassified documents the French released and it said no casualties at the time of posting. I think we won't know for certain until a neutral party carries out an assessment.  

Either way it sucks. The middle east is a warzone and has been for some time. I imagine a lot of Syrians just accept it as a fact of life. We should have intervened more in 2013. 

7 hours ago, Prisce said:

Someone on twitter who is allegedly from Syria has claimed nobody was injured in the bombings. Again, like Gepard said - You must take everything with a bit of salt.

7 hours ago, Duff said:

Only 3? Pretty sure they bombed more like 100 different locations. I very much doubt they took much care to ensure they weren't civillian areas.  It sickens me if I'm honest and I don't see why we insist on getting involved in other peoples political and religous bullshit.

100 different locations? Where have you heard that? It was three:

1. Command post in Homs
  2. Chemical weapons storage in Homs
  3. Scientific research centre in Damascus

16 minutes ago, steakandpotato said:

Someone on twitter who is allegedly from Syria has claimed nobody was injured in the bombings. Again, like Gepard said - You must take everything with a bit of salt

Exactly the problem. We will never know the truth. Nowadays the truth is like opinions, everyone’s got different ones.

Historians will look back and ask "what the fuck went wrong here?". We're living in such a weird timeline atm. 

34 minutes ago, steakandpotato said:

Someone on twitter who is allegedly from Syria has claimed nobody was injured in the bombings. Again, like Gepard said - You must take everything with a bit of salt.

100 different locations? Where have you heard that? It was three:

1. Command post in Homs
  2. Chemical weapons storage in Homs
  3. Scientific research centre in Damascus

It was a breaking news banner on Yahoo on Friday and then suddenly it's only 3. 

:ph34r:

5 minutes ago, Gepard said:

Historians will look back and ask "what the fuck went wrong here?". We're living in such a weird timeline atm. 

No they won't.

War in that region and war in general worldwide has and always will happen.

Historians wouldn't have anything to write about without war. Its created and shaped everything.

The word History means His Story, it's written by the winners. The losers are silenced.

People really need to accept the nature of our species. It's why we do it so easily.

6 minutes ago, Duff said:

They could have just corrected the information when more details were released. 

Finally someone else who sees it!

2 minutes ago, Immortal said:

No they won't

8 minutes ago, Duff said:

It was 3 targets 105 missiles. Probably where the 100 came from;)

If we bombed every country who used chemical weapons and tortured their own citizens we would have blown up America after the Waco siege!! 

Should keep our nose out of it! We likely sold them the weapons or means to make them in the first bloody place!! 

Or maybe thats the point, maybe they bought them off of our competitor and the government doest like it?

Who knows, like above we will NEVER know the truth behind anything anymore! I think its interesting Russia are painting it as propaganda and a false flag.... Theres a lot happening in the past year or so for the western world to want to keep Russia at arms length, maybe this is all part of the long term plan :( 

Agree with @Albiscuit too many times we stick out noses into other peoples business cos their country just so happens to be sitting on fossil fuels.

7 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

we would have blown up America after the Waco siege!! 

Eh?

6 hours ago, Duff said:

Agree with @Albiscuit too many times we stick out noses into other peoples business cos their country just so happens to be sitting on fossil fuels.

Tbf that's part and parcel of being a 'big country'. 

2 hours ago, Lozart said:

Eh?

They used tear gas and torture techniques on the compound, knowing full well there were many children in there.

1 hour ago, Albiscuit said:

They used tear gas and torture techniques on the compound, knowing full well there were many children in there.

PsyOps or torture depending on your point of view

However America’s history with its people is full of examples

The worlds fucked. It’s full of morons. And run by corrupt liars. Just accept it and move on.

12 hours ago, Prisce said:

The worlds fucked. It’s full of morons. And run by corrupt liars. Just accept it and move on.

Yep, roll on the apocalypse.

14 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

Tear gas is hardly in the same league as the kind of shit that Syria et al have been known to use. 

11 hours ago, Duff said:

Yep, roll on the apocalypse.

Just increase the FPS of your airsoft guns so they become section 5 firearms. /s