Warrior elastic mag pouch problems

Allen428
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I just got some warrior elastic mag pouches, I understand there surposed to be tight fitting for retention but I have to use a lot of force to pull them out and pulls my pc up as well and they are a nightmare to put back in one handed. Will they losen up a little with use? If It makes a difference I’m using pts epm mags. Shall I give them more time to loosen up or get some different pouches?

D54054B9-0BB3-4F96-BF96-AFA42E323745.jpeg

• Supporters

If pulling a mag out pulls your PC up, your PC is too loose. 

Are you inserting the mag top down or bottom down? 

29 minutes ago, Lozart said:

If pulling a mag out pulls your PC up, your PC is too loose. 

Are you inserting the mag top down or bottom down? 

Top down as the bottom of pts epm mags are wider than body, my pc is snug I’ve also tried the pouches on my battle belt when pulling the mags out doesn’t lift my belt up but takes considerable force to pull them out

I didn't notice the thread until now but just in case you are still stuck.

For nylon/webbing pouches

Fill a bowl up with hot water, stick the magazine snug into the pouch then submerge pouch and magazine into said hot water. Leave to sit for about 15-20min before taking it out and dipping it into a bowl of cold water. Leave the magazines in for a few days and periodically draw and insert a few times, you may have to repeat the process until you have the retention fit you are comfortable with. Just out of curiosity, are these WE magazines? should be a good fit as they are almost exactly spot on dimension wise (don't make me get the caliper out). This will gradually stretch the material and then stabilise the fit.

For Kydex

Insert magazine until seated correctly, borrow wife/gfs hair dryer and gently heat the pouch in areas you get the most resistance from. Have a bowl of cold water on standby to submerge it in after, again leave to sit for a while and periodically draw and reinsert magazine until your happy with the fit. Again you may have to do the process a few times but do this gradually and do not rush it, try not to distort the lips of the pouches otherwise you will run into issues, unless of course you want to form a finger lip or something. 

For leather

You will need leather stretching tools and chances are it will be more trouble than its worth, I wouldn't bother or advise it.

Just out of interest, do the pouches by any chance have a kydex retention clip sitting inside them? Check to see if this is the case and just follow the guide for kydex. 

Hope it helps

Won't this rust springs/screws, or are you using old mags you aren't bothered about?

Cheers

G

21 hours ago, The broadsman said:

I didn't notice the thread until now but just in case you are still stuck.

For nylon/webbing pouches

Fill a bowl up with hot water, stick the magazine snug into the pouch then submerge pouch and magazine into said hot water. Leave to sit for about 15-20min before taking it out and dipping it into a bowl of cold water. Leave the magazines in for a few days and periodically draw and insert a few times, you may have to repeat the process until you have the retention fit you are comfortable with. Just out of curiosity, are these WE magazines? should be a good fit as they are almost exactly spot on dimension wise (don't make me get the caliper out). This will gradually stretch the material and then stabilise the fit.

For Kydex

Insert magazine until seated correctly, borrow wife/gfs hair dryer and gently heat the pouch in areas you get the most resistance from. Have a bowl of cold water on standby to submerge it in after, again leave to sit for a while and periodically draw and reinsert magazine until your happy with the fit. Again you may have to do the process a few times but do this gradually and do not rush it, try not to distort the lips of the pouches otherwise you will run into issues, unless of course you want to form a finger lip or something. 

For leather

You will need leather stretching tools and chances are it will be more trouble than its worth, I wouldn't bother or advise it.

Just out of interest, do the pouches by any chance have a kydex retention clip sitting inside them? Check to see if this is the case and just follow the guide for kydex. 

Hope it helps

I wouldn’t advise the hot water cold water method as that will shrink them in my experience.

12 hours ago, Comicbook hero said:

I have some of those mag pouches. They loosen up over time. I left some empty mags in them for a couple of days and it helped.

CBH

They have started loosening up now after leaving them in for the last week, I’ve been pulling them out and reinserting them as well a couple of times a day.

Archived