New player, based in Suffolk. Hi!

Haytch
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

New here and to airsoft and looking to start playing in Suffolk in the next couple of weeks. I was surprised at the amount of sites available near me, I didn't realise airsoft was quite as popular as it is! 

I may have got a bit carried away with purchases already, it seems easy to do. Most proud of my eyepro choice, as a specs wearer i didn't want to wear contacts so bought some Revision Bullet Ants with the glasses insert. 

Looking at going to the next Gunman Tuddenham Skirmish, a bit apprehensively as ill be on me jack jones. Hopefully I'll see some of you guys/gals there!

• Supporters

Welcome! :) Great choice of eyepro. Hope you have a good time! 

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

Calling @djben9 our Tuddenham player

Hi

Welcome to the forum.

Cheers

G

• Moderators

Cheers @Jedi_Master :lol: :lol:

Welcome, 

I play at GMA, although due to time/family etc ive not been this year :angry:

Nice site, mixed of woodland, open area with cover and 12 small buildings for CQB. Woodland use is seasonal / weather depandant

Tend to play the 'filmsim' games as they are a little longer and objective based, and seem to fall on a better weekend for me, but the skirmishes are just as good so you will enjoy it.

Dont worry about turning up on your own, you'll see be talking to people in no time!. My brother may even be there next skirmish weekend as with no children has has more time!

Team Green Airsoft use the same site and their games are really good!

where abouts are you travelling from?

Thanks for the welcome all.

I've managed to get a load of helpful info from this site already. Seems like a friendly community too.

4 hours ago, djben9 said:

Cheers @Jedi_Master :lol: :lol:

Welcome, 

I play at GMA, although due to time/family etc ive not been this year :angry:

Nice site, mixed of woodland, open area with cover and 12 small buildings for CQB. Woodland use is seasonal / weather depandant

Tend to play the 'filmsim' games as they are a little longer and objective based, and seem to fall on a better weekend for me, but the skirmishes are just as good so you will enjoy it.

Dont worry about turning up on your own, you'll see be talking to people in no time!. My brother may even be there next skirmish weekend as with no children has has more time!

Team Green Airsoft use the same site and their games are really good!

where abouts are you travelling from?

I would like to go to some of the filmsim stuff, but want to get a few skirmishes under my belt first to get familiar with everything. 

I've also seen that Team Green use the site too so would also like to get to their events too. (Basically I want to go to everything :lol: )

As for where I'm travelling from I live in Ipswich, so not too far away

Hi Haytch.  I will be at Tuddenham on the 29th April all being well.  I will have my son and a first time player with me.  If you want to meet up please feel free.  Just look out for the old Ford Connect van with the gold roof bars and broken whirley on the roof, the cracked windscreen and a dent in the passenger side front wing in the car park (or PM me your mobile if you wish).   

One thing I would think about that you may not have, is a basic Baofeng 16 channel radio.  You can get them with battery and charger etc for less than £15.  We use them with an earpiece at Tuddenham when playing amongst the buildings.  Really good bit of kit for not many sovs.  

• Moderators
14 hours ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

Hi Haytch.  I will be at Tuddenham on the 29th April all being well.  I will have my son and a first time player with me.  If you want to meet up please feel free.  Just look out for the old Ford Connect van with the gold roof bars and broken whirley on the roof, the cracked windscreen and a dent in the passenger side front wing in the car park (or PM me your mobile if you wish).   

One thing I would think about that you may not have, is a basic Baofeng 16 channel radio.  You can get them with battery and charger etc for less than £15.  We use them with an earpiece at Tuddenham when playing amongst the buildings.  Really good bit of kit for not many sovs.  

PMR or license one?

GMA have (or had) a license (s) you could use on the site, i have them programmed into mine

On 4/16/2018 at 12:54 AM, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

I'll be at Tuddenham on the 29th too all things going well, so I'll keep an eye out for you. Ill message you my mobile number.

As for the radio, I tried looking at them online but there was many different types so if you happen to have any links ill take a closer look.

Also I'm going to Combat Airsoft in Thetford tomorrow. So if anyone else is going please say Hello. (also what are peoples opinions of this site? Seems pretty good from what I can see online)

• Moderators

Here you go :)

player meet topics

Yo @Haytch

Welcome into the forum. Im often late with newbie posts as i scan these once every other week or so just for people near etc.

Me and my brother in law are in Haverhill. Havent been Tuddenham yet, maybe will see you there. Last few times weve been going to CQB at Battle Station Activies (more out Norwich way). But are looking at some woodsball sites for next few visits.

Cheers

Rich

• Moderators

Defo come and play at Tudders!!!

• Moderators

Tudders?

pop it in the Tudders topic :)

Archived