CM16 Mod 0 Weird Handguard

Hoozy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey everyone,

I’ve recently acquired my friend’s 2 year old, completely stock, CM16 Mod 0. 

My plan is to fit a 455mm 6.03 barrel with a mock suppressor.

My question is how easy would it be to replace the hand guard with a different RIS? 

As this gun is front wired it would mean either rear wiring it or finding another solution. 

Any idea’s or advice would be appreciated! 

192A4E71-2DF5-415B-B109-BD67E44E7240.jpeg

what do you actually want to change it to?

Looks like tango down pistol grip with MOE stock, vertical grip and handguard (handguard will come in different lengths and handy for front wired guns - but don’t really have much to do with inner barrel length). Not sure at the moment why changing the inner barrel would require you to fit a new handguard? 

• Supporters

I just underwent this project with my MOD 0. In the end I had to buy a new outer barrel, gas tube and handguard. To accommodate the battery I use a dummy PEQ box.

It was a pain for me the first time but now I know what I'm doing it's a very easy process. Takes no longer than 5 minutes. 

Here's the discussion I had: 

10 hours ago, AshOnSnow said:

what do you actually want to change it to?

Looks like tango down pistol grip with MOE stock, vertical grip and handguard (handguard will come in different lengths and handy for front wired guns - but don’t really have much to do with inner barrel length). Not sure at the moment why changing the inner barrel would require you to fit a new handguard? 

I’m sorry, I’ve confused you a little. The inner barrel will be changed regardless, I just want to change the handguard because I’m not a fan of its design haha! 

10 hours ago, Gepard said:

I just underwent this project with my MOD 0. In the end I had to buy a new outer barrel, gas tube and handguard. To accommodate the battery I use a dummy PEQ box.

It was a pain for me the first time but now I know what I'm doing it's a very easy process. Takes no longer than 5 minutes. 

Here's the discussion I had: 

Thanks for that, that’s really useful! Is it possible to completely remove the delta ring so it’s more or less seamless from receiver to RIS? As in a keymod style or something like that?

• Supporters
16 minutes ago, Hoozy said:

Thanks for that, that’s really useful! Is it possible to completely remove the delta ring so it’s more or less seamless from receiver to RIS? As in a keymod style or something like that?

Yes. You first remove the gas block, shroud and gas tube, then turn the barrel nut until it is loose. After that you can just pull the delta ring off and behind it is a piece of metal (forget the name) which twist off to reveal threads. 

If you need it I can make a video showing how to remove it. It was a little confusing for me at first. 

1 hour ago, Gepard said:

Yes. You first remove the gas block, shroud and gas tube, then turn the barrel nut until it is loose. After that you can just pull the delta ring off and behind it is a piece of metal (forget the name) which twist off to reveal threads. 

If you need it I can make a video showing how to remove it. It was a little confusing for me at first. 

That would be 10/10 if you could! Thanks a lot! :D

So I could simply thread a new RIS on, feed the battery connectors out of the RIS into a dummy battery box and jobs a good one!

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Hoozy said:

That would be 10/10 if you could! Thanks a lot! :D

So I could simply thread a new RIS on, feed the battery connectors out of the RIS into a dummy battery box and jobs a good one!

Alright mate, I'll put something out for you this evening. Don't expect movie quality production.

• Supporters

Here you go. Apologies for the quality. Poor lighting and video from an LG G4C don't mix. Hopefully it will help. 

• 1 year later...

Hi there mate, just out curiosity what did you do with the battery on your gun? Is it in a PEQ or did you rear wire it? I've got the same gun and the handguard doesn't seem very solid on it. Did you have to change the inner / outer barrels to accommodate your new handguard at all? 

Archived