New feature: Proper Feedback System

proffrink
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Root Admin

Hello again,

Per usual important stuff in bold.

There's a new feedback system to go with the new classifieds

In order to distract from the fact that we had 24 hours of downtime yesterday As a part of the new classifieds system there's a need to drag our feedback system up to date. Whilst the current way of submitting feedback (i.e. via threads/topics created in the Feedback subforum, posted on by the seller/buyer) has been functional, it's not very intuitive for new members. Cue the new feedback system.

As with the new classifieds: If it's crap we'll bin it

We'll vote on whether to ditch the new feedback system in a month.

Old feedback from threads can not be added, but the Feedback forum will remain; everyone will start from zero

Due to the way the new feedback system links into the new classifieds, it's not really possible to add feedback to one's profile without mods going through and making literally copy pasting every one of your bits of feedback (from your applicable Feedback forum thread/topic). We're talking tens (likely hundreds) of man hours for that, and it's not something we can really do.

However, the old forums will remain for a year from this date so that people can refer back to them. After this time that subforum will become hidden, but directly linking to the topics will still be possible just in case.

Feedback system will link closely in with the new classifieds; you can only leave feedback for sales/purchases/trades made on there

Once a sale/purchase/trade is complete the seller/buyer/trading parties can leave feedback for one another. The classified listing itself will be embedded within the feedback so as to stop fraudulent feedback and so that people can refer back to old classifieds listings related to that piece of feedback.

Spoiler

screenshot-airsoft-forums.uk-2018-04-11-22-37-05.png

screenshot-airsoft-forums.uk-2018-04-11-22-37-04.png

screenshot-airsoft-forums.uk-2018-04-11-22-49-20.png

In addition, feedback totals will show on your listings to give prospective buyers/sellers an at-a-glance total of your feedback.

Spoiler

screenshot-airsoft-forums.uk-2018-04-11-22-44-06.png

Feedback is also visible in your profile by clicking the tab next to 'activity'. There are also links below ever user's name, but for now this is disabled as it seems basically useless.

Spoiler

screenshot-airsoft-forums.uk-2018-04-11-22-44-42.png

A notification will be added to the classifieds to remind people that the feedback system is new and will advise them to check the old feedback in case they're unsure

This one is pretty simple: We don't want unscrupulous traders (not that I know of any who operate on here) or worried buyers seeing that your profile has no feedback and that putting them off a sale. As such, there will be a notification for the first few months just to let them know that the new system is in place and that feedback on profiles might not be a true reflection of someone's total feedback.

Please make a thread in the Forum Feedback subforum or reply to this topic with questions and critique

Thanks.

• Supporters

A shame about the old feedback. Nevertheless I'm interested in seeing how well the new system works. Looks promising.

• Moderators

im not to worried, ive only had 3 positive feedback....only done 3 deals....100% :lol::lol:

13 minutes ago, proffrink said:

Yeh, but I'm concerned about some who've built up a lot of reputation over time. I'm still seeing if we can do something about that.

I feel feedback should be 100% as default. The score would lower if anyone reported poor comms etc... yay or nay?

• Root Admin

Perhaps, but maybe 'N/A' is a good enough indicator that they're not rated yet? People can do with that information what they will.

Could make it 'not rated yet' or something to be clear?

Really don't like the idea of the feedback in posts by the way. I actually meant to remove it last night. Keeping the classifieds more separate from the forums was always one of the ideas anyway.

2 minutes ago, proffrink said:

Perhaps, but maybe 'N/A' is a good enough indicator that they're not rated yet? People can do with that information what they will.

Could make it 'not rated yet' or something to be clear?

Really don't like the idea of the feedback in posts by the way. I actually meant to remove it last night. Keeping the classifieds more separate from the forums was always one of the ideas anyway.

Just thought it would be easier to start everyone with a set score and it changes organically with each sale.

• Head Moderator
2 hours ago, Duff said:

I feel feedback should be 100% as default. The score would lower if anyone reported poor comms etc... yay or nay?

New members and those that have not made a sale should not have 100% score to start with, that needs to be earned. A Neutral one is better with a mark to show no sales. Also need to factor in buyer feedback as well, there have been some real cockwombles as buyers as well as sellers. Having seen issues as a Mod there are some members that I would not trade with.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, proffrink said:

Yeh, but I'm concerned about some who've built up a lot of reputation over time. I'm still seeing if we can do something about that.

What about asking anybody who wants their old feedback to PM a mod with their sales and they'll sort it out? That way a mod wouldn't have to scroll through (x) posts per user and could then just add however many positive - or negative - points that user earned in the past.

10 minutes ago, Jedi_Master said:

New members and those that have not made a sale should not have 100% score to start with, that needs to be earned. A Neutral one is better with a mark to show no sales. Also need to factor in buyer feedback as well, there have been some real cockwombles as buyers as well as sellers. Having seen issues as a Mod there are some members that I would not trade with.

True. I suppose you could have neutral and plus and negative feedback.

So no sales = 0

Or +1 / -1 dependent on how much fuckery they cause.

• Head Moderator
2 minutes ago, Gepard said:

What about asking anybody who wants their old feedback to PM a mod with their sales and they'll sort it out? That way a mod wouldn't have to scroll through (x) posts per user and could then just add however many positive - or negative - points that user earned in the past.

You can fuck right off!  That is far too much workload, and a convoluted process. 

• Supporters

Well get some more mods then ya' lazy fucker :lol:

1 minute ago, Gepard said:

Well get some more mods then ya' lazy fucker :lol:

Well volunteered mate. :P

• Moderators

now now....:lol::lol::lol:

tbh i was gonna post something similar, but it will mean people have to be trustworthy and honest....luckily the forum had a moment or connection went and it crashed out so didn't appear!!!

• Supporters

I'll do it haha

Whatever you guys think is the right thing is fine by me. I have decent feedback, but not bothered about starting at again to be honest.

Thanks for all your time

Archived