BB subscription service

airsoft_breacher
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Morning guys and girls. Hope everyone is planning the weekend games.

Ok so looking to see what interest people would have in this service.

What do people think of a bb subscription box. First off this wouldn't be a random subscription box. This would be what you need for games. So for instance bb,s gas, speedloader, eye pro that kind of stuff. There would be a set box for the amount if games you play. So say one game box, two game box and so on. This would drop your monthly supplies to your door ready for the month ahead. Also there would be a emergency ammo drop box to. So say you did run out we would send you a single game pack to get you through. 

The reason behind this thinking is time restraints. We all have busy and hectic life styles, kids, family, work and so on. This way you wouldn't need to worry about your supplies for game day. Making life convenient and less stressful know you we're locked and loaded for the games ahead.

Also team boxes. Where you can choose a box for the amount of players and games you do. That way the whole team is ready to go. 

What you think guys and girls would it be something you would like to see.

Cheers @airsoft_breacher

Roger, out

👍

• Supporters

Not a lot of hope for success I’d think , don’t get me wrong its a good idea but there'll needs to be a mark up to make it a viable business idea which obviously will bump the price and I can get every thing like that from amazon for free , and as I also have prime (as do a LOT of households) I can get it next day ! 

Sorry to be negative one but I do think you’d be on a dark road to no where with it . 

• Supporters

not the sort of thing i'd do personally, it's nice popping to the local brick and mortar for a chat when restocking supplies, get to see what new shiny expensive thing will be next in line to break the bank.

The box would have a level of customization. Hence the eye pro. We all lose them at some point I have. Reguarding Amazon I find it extremely expensive. There may be one or two that are a normal price but then they don't include prime. Thanks for the feedback this is just to find out if people would like the convineance.

• Supporters

There was already something like this about 2 years ago maybe. Wasn't a big success.

IMO if you sell these the same price as ordering ourselves, you might get a couple of subscription, but most likely not enough to make it worthwhile.

There would be promotional stuff and surprise gifts. Bit the base of the box will be what you need. The box that died off a few years back was around random airsoft things. With airsoft especially attachment and products are very specific to the person so random would only cover a small percent of the customers.

Personally I can't see me signing up for something like this. Sounds very loot crate for airsoft.

However unlike lootcrate doing a scifi box then a medieval box then a gaming box, an airsoft box would probably always need to be tailored around a platform for it to work they way you would like it to I think. So have an M4 box, an AK47 box, a pistol box etc. Or it would end up completely generic and/or people will end up with stuff they cannot use or have no use for. 

From what I have seen so far, most airsofters spend time deciding what bits and bobs they want to put on their guns. And they decided what they want to skimp and save money on, and what they would rather pay top dollar for. Example:

Some folk will always buy "real steel" sights and scopes. Others are perfectly happy with £6 knock-offs from ebay. 

Some folk will happily spend £15 for 3000 heavy weight bio-bbs and use nothing else. Others couldn't care less about what bb's they use. 

I think the airsoft market it too niche and airsofters themselves are "picky" (not a bad thing) about what they use. So I cannot see even a consumables only box working out as a viable business strategy. 

On the other hand, having a sample box of lot of different bb's (maybe bags of 500 of each) might be a good way for everyone to try different weights/brands/bio-nonbio and see what they like.

We are currently talking to suppliers now. The idea is to pass the savings on as much as possible. At present we are looking at a 2 game box and a 3 game box. 

• Supporters
23 minutes ago, airsoft_breacher said:

The box that died off a few years back was around random airsoft things.

No no. It was BBs. You could get 1 person sized box, team sized, etc.

Here is a great idea. If you post it in a cardboard box, make sure you paint a target on it. Many people use cardboard boxes for fun shooting. They will also use up a lot of BBs by shooting at it. :)

• Supporters

Not something I'd personally be interested in I'm afraid. It's more convenient for me to buy them when I know I'll be playing. As this is usually just for the Socials at Alpha 55 and whenever I feel like it, I don't know when I'd need the service. 

Not sure how you could turn a profit on this either, unless you overcharged (in which case nobody would use it). 

Like others on here I have Prime, and when I have joined any kind of subscriptions sales like this I always ended up with more items than I could use, and would end up cancelling once the minimum subsription period was over.

So I doubt I would sign up to something like this.

Might appeal more to teams who would be able to buy more in bulk.

Cheers

G

• Head Moderator

A drop box service is not something that I would choose to use. 

I already have eye-pro for all occasions and spare sets for game day.  I cannot imagine losing any (the Dye i4 is pretty large) and all kit goes back into airsoft storage post game.

The elephant in the room is what brand of BB you intend selling? Because many of us have our favourite brand and type of BB; there is no way any Nuprol or similar BB is going anywhere near my guns.

Id also wade in with the "I would be interested because...." statement.

For myself i agree time is a premium in peoples lives nowadays so shaving that is a good idea. But supplies? Im yet to turn up to a game day and find the field out of stock on BB's. Anything i realise i dont have or forgot to get is already there. Sure they may charge more than how i currently buy in bulk, but im paying for that last resort premium, which is what your offering on a service which isnt last resort so to say.

Also i think its a bit of a minefield, because as someone else stated people prefer their bb brand. So your going to exclude some of the player base depending what bb's you get into bed with. Then on the other side of it, how are you going to recompense players who got to their game day and X bb simply wouldnt work well at all in gun Y. They now want their money back and compensation for your product not working...

What i would be interested in is just the ammo dump. If i can sign up to receive my regular bulk order, of the BBs i want at an interval i need them, gas and 9mm blanks also. And cheaper than i currently pay. I'd go for that. Also plus points for a handy app where i can simply suspend a months order in a few taps, change bb weight, gas colour (nuprol green, red black etc) etc. Dont forget the box as a target.

but having said all that I only bulk order 3-4 times a year -_-

my 2 pence on the idea.

Hmm I use amazon for a lot of stuff and get in advance but I do often forget to order stuff and if I forgot to order supplys this would come in helpful

and there bbs are all varied in price  on mamazon I seen a bottle of nuprol rzr for over £100 XD 

but if if you could provide top notch bbs at a cheaper price in the box I think I'd sign up but you'd need to add things like patches etc little stuff and oddities you can't get anywhere else 

maybe be if you sent the subscriber an item such as a grenade(example) on the date they joined or monthly gift 

boot sock cool

gift idk just spitballing

to do a weapon box is a great idea but you would get a Doyle like me with a FAL good luck trying to find bits for that XD

You could be on to something with this. specially  if you kept it small like zample box (vape thing)

e.g 2000 bbs smoke or two scope protector lense 

just ideas hope this helps

• Supporters
10 minutes ago, Benji14990 said:

if you could provide top notch bbs at a cheaper price

If OP could do that, they wouldn't have to market them as a subscription service, they could just turn a profit undercutting other retailers.

The value-add is the, uh, convenience, of not having to make a few clicks every couple of weeks or months.  I'm not sure there's a big enough market for people willing to pay a premium for OP to make a living at it.

Just with them been able to buy bulk I thought it could of worked a few squids cheaper 

but say you pay 20 for your bbs 

they can get you the same bbs but for the price of 15-17 subscription 

the subscrib cost would have to be  cheaper than all the items singular 

if that makes sense 

As a total noob, this might be useful for me, but if I could get it cheaper anywhere else I would.

And I guess a start-up in what seems to my casual eye a pretty saturated group of suppliers of airsoft kit would be difficult!

Just ordered a box of blasters (12 bottles I think) will split between myself and my brother. I stick it in the garage it takes up no space and my busy lifestyle is not affected.

There are TOO many subscription boxes already from wine, cheese to nerd based boxes to razors, whats next loo roll? 

I cant personally see it taking off, as mentioned brand is a big factor, plus people like tracers, Bios, different weights etc.. Theres a lot of factors and I already have a wardrobe full of old gear and bits n bobs I have accumulated I will not use, I dont want more!

However I do like the comment above about sticking targets on the box, I for one use old boxes as targets when testing and its a sound idea

Might be better to target site owners who sell BBs onsite. It's a cool idea but I don't play "every X weeks", just as/when I fancy it so as a recreational plinker it wouldn't be any good for me personally. 

Biggest problem with the airsoft loot crates is price to me. If I'm taking a risk on what I am getting then the cost needs to be low enough to write off. My GF gets make up boxes at £10/£15, if it's useless stuff one month it isn't much of a loss and doesn't bother her as some items she gets in other months pretty much cover the cost of that anyway. a £30/£40 airsoft one on the other hand isn't worth the risk imo

Archived