Need to scratch an itch

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

It has become apparent, one day post op, that the likelihood of me playing at the weekend is low. Or the weekend after that.
Or after that.... etc... 
So my need for one handed weaponry has gone, after all that.
So now what I need is some direction for my surfing/researching whilst out of it as to what to get next.
I've been eyeing up:
KC-02
SRS

TM G-spec
I'm wondering what else to look at/save up for.....
And yes, I'm looking for something to keep me further away from the action!
Thanks in advance :lol: 

to be honest they are all rock solid options with varying amounts of work.

obviously I could never be biased... :lol: but I really like the ASG/VFC M40A5... lovely and quiet, fairly accurate out of the box (very good for a gas rifle) and with the potential to be very accurate with a couple of parts thrown in... so that could be worth a look.

Alternativelythere are a few aegs out there that could get you going in the long range department of you are that way inclined, but they would be significant projects. think m14s or SASR(SR25) variants.

and it would be wrong if I missed out the TM MWS... by all accounts a very good long range rifle... maybe not a sniper rifle per say but it would be a different option to the standard bolt action/DMR route and plenty accurate.

anyway, there are a few ideas... but I don't know if you are looking for a project or an out of the box solution?

similarly I don't know what your tastes are in terms of rifles?

19 minutes ago, Crazy_Crystal said:

to be honest they are all rock solid options with varying amounts of work.

obviously I could never be biased... :lol: but I really like the ASG/VFC M40A5... lovely and quiet, fairly accurate out of the box (very good for a gas rifle) and with the potential to be very accurate with a couple of parts thrown in... so that could be worth a look.

Alternativelythere are a few aegs out there that could get you going in the long range department of you are that way inclined, but they would be significant projects. think m14s or SASR(SR25) variants.

and it would be wrong if I missed out the TM MWS... by all accounts a very good long range rifle... maybe not a sniper rifle per say but it would be a different option to the standard bolt action/DMR route and plenty accurate.

anyway, there are a few ideas... but I don't know if you are looking for a project or an out of the box solution?

similarly I don't know what your tastes are in terms of rifles?

Good call on the MWS - I have one and it's awesome!
But, I'm looking fir something to encourage a different style of play, so I have options...
I'm also looking for something that isn't massively heavy.
I'll check out the M40A5, thanks for the suggestion.
I'm leaning more toward the kc02/srs asI think they need the least work....
Unfortunately, I think I'm going to end up being led by what's in stock!

ok, that makes sense. SRS is supposed to be very good out the box. I have even less experience with the kc02 although I have looked at getting one before, I believe that a 3d printed hop chamber is used for either vsr or AEG hop rubber and barrel compatability but I am sure that someone more knowledgeable on these rifles can provide some more insight.

the only upgrades I put in the m40a5 was the maple leaf crazy jet barrel and an autobot bucking which isn't too bad.

I have a VFC m40a5 and I love it. Whisper quiet and an action you can operate with your pinky if you wanted. Adjustable and importantly stable FPS after the break in period. Only downside is heavy 15rd mags.  

The SRS I have never owned, but by all accounts if you want to just take a spring sniper out of the box and use it reasonably effectively, that’s pretty much your only option. 

KC-02.. they have a cult following and I’ve been eying up one myself for a build. They’re relatively cheap and you can get good results from them. As far as GBBR’s go there is next to no recoil and despite the fact you can make it into a lightweight DMR for airsoft, it’s real counterpart in .22LR isn’t fit for anything much bigger than a Rabbit. So if military rifles are your thing, give it a miss. 

You could build a long range  aeg m14 or something, but gas is much better suited to long range because of the joule advantage. 

You could always do what I did and buy another mws and kit it out for a DMR role. You’ve already got the mags and understand the system. A couple of mods and you can be potentially hitting people over 75m+ 

I have a Casv 10.5 for running around like an idiot and a nice long one that I can get comfy at the back or hunkered down in a building and pick people off while eating my tactical mars bar and checking Facebook :D

3 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

I have a Casv 10.5 for running around like an idiot and a nice long one that I can get comfy at the back or hunkered down in a building and pick people off while eating my tactical mars bar and checking Facebook :D

CASV10.5 ? wossat den?

4 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

CASV10.5 ? wossat den?

MWS with a 10.5” barrel and a Vltor casv rail

8F64E2C6-65CF-49B8-886F-918C9E2287DE.jpeg

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

MWS with a 10.5” barrel and a Vltor casv rail

I really like the green/black colour scheme you've got going on there.

3 minutes ago, Gepard said:

I really like the green/black colour scheme you've got going on there.

Thanks. I don’t usually venture from black but I’ve always liked that rail. It’s one of my favourite looking guns. A bit old school

Archived