DE M89 (UMP) Upgrade recommendations needed!

Shurit
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

This is my first post on here and if this is in the incorrect place or not appropriate please let me know!

Anyways to continue, I purchased a Double Eagle M89 as a CQB choice due to a low budget. I'm looking into finding upgrades to help improve overall performance such as improving the slow trigger response, getting a new & longer inner barrel w/ suppressor, new hop-up unit and a different gear box. However I have no idea where to start and would like some recommendations from someone who know's a little more about this model and what would go well! I am on a rather tight budget so keep that in mind. 

Also, if anyone knows how to get a suppressor for this thing please let me know, I'm aware the G&G quick attach suppressor can fit this, it just doesn't seem to be on the market anymore :/. There are no threads on the outer barrel or under the flash hider so would it even be possible to attach a suppressor? 

Pic attached is current set up.

Thanks guys.

30421796_10208657625756805_1011790545_n.jpg

• Supporters
9 hours ago, Shurit said:

longer inner barrel

no need. Won't be more accurate but you will need to change the cylinder to keep the same performace.

Get a good inner barrel the same length as the one now.

Don't throw too much money at it. It's an OK gun, but it's still a DE.

Take it apart, clean up fully, replace the bushings if they are plastic, reshim, relube. Get a good hopup bucking. Put a high torque motor in it and a 7.4 lipo with high C rating for the trigger response. Weak point is the hopup adjusting. I don't know if there are aftermarket hopups for it. Use at least 0.25 or 0.28g BBs.

• 2 months later...

Literally bought my UMP last week. It's a G&G with suppressor. It's a quick fit and release one. It has a tight bore barrel that goes up to the end (or there abouts) of the suppressor. So it can be done. 

IMG_20180619_184237_136.jpg

• Supporters
15 hours ago, Polluxtroy69 said:

Literally bought my UMP last week. It's a G&G with suppressor. It's a quick fit and release one. It has a tight bore barrel that goes up to the end (or there abouts) of the suppressor. So it can be done. 

IMG_20180619_184237_136.jpg

Yes but yours is a totally different gun , his is a Double Eagle and yours is a G&G , there great cheap’n’cheerful starter guns that as long as you look after them will run and run , if they were motorbikes his is a Chinese crate bikes that cost £1200 and yours is a Honda that cost six grand . To do what he’s said he’d like to do he’ll need to do a LOT of work and chuck a lot of money at it , which quite frankly isn’t worth it . Best option is just tweak it a bit and run it till it dies then think is it worth rebuilding or not ? where as yours is already at the good performance stage and don’t really need anything doing to it . 

Archived