V12

BloomBoy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So i have a few problems after installing my v12.

First of all i hear air leaking from this nozzle im not sure if it should be like this but im guessing it shouldn't . (If you turn up the volume you can faintly hear the air)

Next when shooting my gun it will only feed the first bb on full auto and then it will stop feeding. I havent changed the settings thet as dont know what im really doing.

20180410_174746.mp4

• Root Admin

Please don't do that.

What pressure is your regulator at? The feeding will be to do with your dwell - look up a Youtube video on setting up HPA airsoft dwell. It'll take you through setting up your FCU. The leaking air is an issue though - you could be feeding it air at too high a pressure.

15 hours ago, proffrink said:

Please don't do that.

What pressure is your regulator at? The feeding will be to do with your dwell - look up a Youtube video on setting up HPA airsoft dwell. It'll take you through setting up your FCU. The leaking air is an issue though - you could be feeding it air at too high a pressure.

Sorry just scared I broke a 300£ investment😂 

And at any psi you can hear it push air I'm not sure if its leaking or you can just hear the air through the line

• Root Admin

You won't hear air through the line and it's pretty hard to break your V12 - at worst you might have blown out a seal if you didn't check the output pressure of your regulator.

Get some soapy water and apply small amounts to the suspect areas you think a leak might be coming front. See if they bubble up when you turn the air on again.

Could be a loose fitting, but if it's coming from the engine itself the fix might be more involved.

• Root Admin

Nope, that's usual as there's pressurised air between the tank and the regulator that hasn't yet reached the regulator. When you remove the reg it pops as this air escapes. I'm talking about a seal on the gun side, but you need to get that soapy water out and find it.

On 12/04/2018 at 11:06 AM, proffrink said:

Nope, that's usual as there's pressurised air between the tank and the regulator that hasn't yet reached the regulator. When you remove the reg it pops as this air escapes. I'm talking about a seal on the gun side, but you need to get that soapy water out and find it.

Hey mate i did the soapy water test and found that the leak is coming from here

Snapchat-978537812[1].jpg

• Root Admin

That's good news as it's an easy fix. Just tighten it up a bit (but don't overtighten).

If that doesn't work buy some pneumatic thread sealant or some PTFE tape (PTFE/Teflon tape will be easier, but I prefer pneumatic thread sealant as it tends to stop the part backing out over time too). Remove the regulator from the bottom, remove the quick disconnect (brass bit pictured) using a spanner and clean the threads using some kitchen towel. Then apply some PTFE tape to the threads on the brass bit (about 3-5 wraps around) and thread it back in. If that doesn't work then the fitting itself could be wrong, and I'd recommend buying a new quick disconnect or checking the threads on the regulator itself in case it's a manufacturing defect.

The feeding issue is dwell related. Look up a configuration video on how to tune your 'FCU' (Fire Control Unit) and get to it - no ones is correct when it's first installed so don't fret. Expect to take about 30 minutes fixing this.

5 hours ago, proffrink said:

That's good news as it's an easy fix. Just tighten it up a bit (but don't overtighten).

If that doesn't work buy some pneumatic thread sealant or some PTFE tape (PTFE/Teflon tape will be easier, but I prefer pneumatic thread sealant as it tends to stop the part backing out over time too). Remove the regulator from the bottom, remove the quick disconnect (brass bit pictured) using a spanner and clean the threads using some kitchen towel. Then apply some PTFE tape to the threads on the brass bit (about 3-5 wraps around) and thread it back in. If that doesn't work then the fitting itself could be wrong, and I'd recommend buying a new quick disconnect or checking the threads on the regulator itself in case it's a manufacturing defect.

The feeding issue is dwell related. Look up a configuration video on how to tune your 'FCU' (Fire Control Unit) and get to it - no ones is correct when it's first installed so don't fret. Expect to take about 30 minutes fixing this.

YOU ARE THE FUCKING MAN THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!! 

• Root Admin

Assuming the quick reply meant you managed to do it without the PTFE/Teflon tape? Just as a precautionary measure I'd go buy yourself a reel of the stuff (it's not more than £2 and you'll never use it all) then just PTFE all the pneumatic fittings you come across in the future. If the tape is too wide, just cut it or fold it in half (usually folding in half works better). A couple of wraps around makes sure no air is getting past those threads. As most airsoft HPA threaded bits have no gasket/o-ring, PTFE tape can halt slow leaks that might see your tank go empty over the week when you're not looking. If the tank/reg is new (sounds like it is) then I'd mark/photograph where that fill gauge is and leave it a few days. Come back and double check the pressure has remained the same (and that it's not developed a slow leak).

And remember: Don't clean the threads with anything oil based and don't lubricate with oil-based lube (silicone is fine, but TechT GunSav is better and will last longer). If oil works its way into the tank it will combust and likely the whole tank will explode so be carefully what you're using to clean it. Your tank will likely already say 'no oil' - take that seriously :) Finally - as you're new to HPA - keep the fill nipple clean. If it doesn't come with a protector then buy a handful off eBay (they're about 50p a pop).

Good luck!

5 minutes ago, proffrink said:

Assuming the quick reply meant you managed to do it without the PTFE/Teflon tape? Just as a precautionary measure I'd go buy yourself a reel of the stuff (it's not more than £2 and you'll never use it all) then just PTFE all the pneumatic fittings you come across in the future. If the tape is too wide, just cut it or fold it in half (usually folding in half works better). A couple of wraps around makes sure no air is getting past those threads. As most airsoft HPA threaded bits have no gasket/o-ring, PTFE tape can halt slow leaks that might see your tank go empty over the week when you're not looking. If the tank/reg is new (sounds like it is) then I'd mark/photograph where that fill gauge is and leave it a few days. Come back and double check the pressure has remained the same (and that it's not developed a slow leak).

And remember: Don't clean the threads with anything oil based and don't lubricate with oil-based lube (silicone is fine, but TechT GunSav is better and will last longer). If oil works its way into the tank it will combust and likely the whole tank will explode so be carefully what you're using to clean it. Your tank will likely already say 'no oil' - take that seriously :) Finally - as you're new to HPA - keep the fill nipple clean. If it doesn't come with a protector then buy a handful off eBay (they're about 50p a pop).

Good luck!

Yeah i got it done without the tape, thank you for the help really was worried i messed something up, Ill make sure to buy some protectors and ill get it filled tomorrow and watch it other time to make sure there is no slow leak.

Again Thank you :) 

• Root Admin

From the image it looks like you have a fill nipple protector. That's where the dirt usually gets in so keep an eye on it. I bit the bullet and bought a magnetic metal one as the rubber ones just dissolve themselves over a couple of months. Usually just snap off.

Archived