Spartac AR Platform First I mpressions

MrRaz
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

Me and a friend are planning to pick up the Cyma CM.518 and the CM.513 respectively. Anything I should know before I pull the trigger (pun intended) on the purchase of them?

I do know the G&G combat machine is better but the G&G ones we like are almost twice the price of the CYMA ones and we still need to get all the other gear.  We will be looking to replace them with something better in September anyway just want to get something that will let us play through the summer.

EDIT:

Bought Spartac SRT-23 and SRT-07 First Impressions and Full review will be provided once they arrive in the post.

EDIT2:

First Impressions:

Guns are really nice, way better than i was expecting. Sure they're made from plastic however they don't feel like they're going to fall apart any time soon. Accuracy is good and haven't had any feeding issues with mags (both the included high cap as well as the mid caps i bought.). The sights on the SRT07 are spot on, you can choose between 2 hole sizes and they appear to be zeroed in well from the box easily hitting cans from 10 meters. The main parts of the gun are built from quality plastic though parts of it do feel cheap.

One of the issues I experienced with the guns is that the stocks are really hard to adjust (this might be partly caused by the paint) They also feel very flimsy. The sights on the srt23 although accurate are way too small for the ranges you're going to use it at. I ended up dremeling the hole a bit bigger so that I can Aim down sights faster. The included batteries are ok though i will be replacing them as soon as possible and saving them for use as spares.

A full review to fallow in a couple of weeks after I put them through a few games. 

IMG_20180418_112502_1.jpg

• Supporters

They'll be fine. I do recommend spending that little bit extra on a basic CM16 though. Check the classifieds for a used one. If you plan on buying or building something later on it'll make for a decent backup gun. 

If you've got a defense this would be perfect for you or your mate. That's a good price. 

My lad has run a Cyma Colt CQBR since we started in January. He had dropped it in the mud, cracked the rear sling attachment plate, but I took it apart last weekend and it’s holding up really well.replaced the sling plate with a metal one now.

Shoots 50-60m and was running 320fps out of the box. I’d say that was stonking good value.

Cyma don’t seem to innovate, rather than copy TM or G&G and they build down to a price certainly. However this has been a good first purchase.

• Supporters

Personally think the cm517 is better but just my opinion

Be careful where you buy it from, imported they come in at 390-400fps

so too hot to use at UK sites at that spec

Decent retailer will downgrade it to 330-340fps but others may not

Buy a hot gun you can't use and you will need to spend time/money downgrading it

you can get a G&G Raider for £120 which is damn good price:

https://swasairsoft.co.uk/airsoft-guns/gg-combat-machine-aeg-cm16-raider

OK need battery/charger but tbh G&G is superior for a small increase if you can afford it

Cyma's are best cheapo M4 under £100 but best advice is get a cheap G&G if you can afford it

G&G's hold their money, easier to shift, easier to work on etc....

Cyma's are OK - but a bit qwirky and you see where corners were cut with more plastic

(stock tube, mag catch, magazine etc.....)

Up to you, but just giving you the heads up & why buy a cyma if you intend to buy a G&G later

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Countryman said:

cracked the rear sling attachment plate

Snap.  I mean, I've snapped mine too.  Bit of cable tie, job's a good 'un.

Yes, they're fine.  Bushings rather than ball-bearings in the box, all plastic on the outside (including the buffer tube), but metal where it matters except the sling attachment, and perfectly usable.

I've just loaned mine out to my workmate and he had such a good time with it that he's hooked and now has a G&G Raider on the way.  Perfectly reasonable choice, but as noted, once you've added batteries (and a mag in the case of that SWAS one), you're up to twice the price of the CYMA.  Sure, you'll start with Lipos, but the Nimh that comes with the CYMA spins the motor too, and the difference in price means you can be fully kitted and ready to play with the CYMA for the cost of the G&G alone.

If you have a CYMA sized budget, they'll do you fine.

• Supporters
38 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

(and a mag in the case of that SWAS one)

Mag should come as std

the 3rd pic shows what's in the box....

G&G Combat Machine AEG CM16 Raider in box

If they are shipping gun less mag then that is sneaky

but G&G's come with mag and small bag of decent G&G bb's

• Supporters

Ah, right, I thought that would be a bit peculiar.  Yes, that is a great price.  I was surprised that GunFire came in more expensive than ZeroOne for the G&G (and TaiwanGun doesn't seem to stock them), but that's even better.  "Fortunately" SWAS are out of stock on long version that he was set on, so I don't feel so bad about buying it from ZeroOne.  Phew.

Unfortunately I don't like the stubby carabine looks, I was looking at the cm15 but once I added the battery charger etc it comes up to around £180. And I want the gun to be something I like the look of :D (I mean who doesn't want to look cool). 

Gunfire carries the spartac range of m4s which seems to be the exact same as the cyma versions as well as the umarex iwi which cought my interest. Any opinions on those?

In September the M4 won't be used as much as I'm thinking of getting a Scar Variant. In the future/over time I want to build an arsenal of all my favourite guns from games and real life consisting of a scar, M14 ebr,  m249, vector,  m1014, M40/R700 and some tactical ak variant.

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

I believe that Spartac is a CYMA brand, but can't be certain.

That CM.518 would certainly... compensate for a lot. ;)

I mean that's what big guns are for :D 

As an update decided on ordering the SRT-23 for myself and my friend went for the SRT-07. I'll give a first impressions and a full review on both guns once they come in the post

Edited to include first impressions, full review to follow once I played a few games with the guns

• Supporters
On 4/11/2018 at 12:28 AM, MrRaz said:

The sights on the srt23 although accurate are way too small for the ranges you're going to use it at. I ended up dremeling the hole a bit bigger so that I can Aim down sights faster.

Approved.

Whatever you do, don't get any isopropyl alcohol near that fresh paint, or it'll strip right off.

Archived