G36 Drum Mags

MisterG
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi

I need a few more magazines.

Thinking of getting a drum mag, instead of 3 or 4 mid caps.  Anyone have any experience using these?

Will I draw the ire of other players?

Lots of reasonably prices ones on eBay, for the cost of 3 or 4 mid cap magazines.

Cheers

G

I've played one Skirmish, so very N00b-ish :lol:.  Aim not that great, hopefully will improve.

Cheers

G

My partner has tried a few different brands (3 I think) of drum mags with his G36's and has sent them all back because they never feed consistently. I'd say you are probably safer (from misfeeds and disappointment) simply getting a couple of hicaps if you want high ammo capacity. 

• Supporters

why not just a normal hi-cap? or get more mid-caps

personally i dislike drum mags, they're heavy, bulky, awkward to carry when they're not in the gun, and that's assuming it functions perfectly all the time.

however, you won't draw ire from other players, i see loads of folk using drum mags, it's not my thing (well, unless its on the mg :P ) but i get the philosophy (imagine telling a real soldier he could carry his normal loadout, or magically have a 2500 round drum that doesn't weigh any more than a normal mag)

• Supporters

Box or drum mags are ok for a crack

say last game going nutz or support role

but to me personally they are a bit nooby

we got a dsg firehawk with one mofo box mag - manual wind one

we used - well duck jnr used it for a crack usually at last game a few times

but normally he ran with with 6 midcaps in his usual M4

I've used it more for testing guns rof as the box mag feed ok but feeds loads each wind

Yl4E5Wg.jpg

but to use it on reg skirmish - nah bit nooby to me tbh

But it is your gun so f*ck it buy what you like - it's airsoft ffs

Others say you gotta have a proper SVD scope on Dragunov or AK

Bollox - use what ya f*cking like at the end of the day

So don't pay too much attention what I or others say

Just my own personal opinion, your gun, your money & all that

but many fancy electric ones crap out on auto electric feeding so bought cheapo manual box mag

(plus it was a lot cheaper)

Thanks for the replies, food for thought.

I'll play a few more skirmishes and see if my aim improves.

One of the reasons for considering an electic drum mag was I didn't like winding hi-caps.

Cheers

G

• Supporters
23 minutes ago, MisterG said:

Thanks for the replies, food for thought.

I'll play a few more skirmishes and see if my aim improves.

One of the reasons for considering an electic drum mag was I didn't like winding hi-caps.

Cheers

G

i also hate winding hi-caps, my solution was to go for midcaps and an odin speedloader, the odin only does m4 mags but i'm sure you could 3d print an adaptor to fit g36 or whatever pattern you like, really takes the one pain out of using midcaps- filling them up again.

alternate option is those flash mag type things that have a pull-string so you can wind them up real quick but is otherwise a normal hicap

I've got a couple mid caps and a 99p speed loader from eBay (time will tell if it lasts ).  So I will probably go down the mid-cap route,

I had discounted the Flash mag, as it was on one of the Noob list videos, I think it was one by Novritsch, but maybe it was over exagerated for effect.  Not seen anyone using one in real life.

Cheers

G

• Supporters
22 minutes ago, MisterG said:

I've got a couple mid caps and a 99p speed loader from eBay (time will tell if it lasts ).  So I will probably go down the mid-cap route,

I had discounted the Flash mag, as it was on one of the Noob list videos, I think it was one by Novritsch, but maybe it was over exagerated for effect.  Not seen anyone using one in real life.

Cheers

Gordon

i see loads of folk using them, i certainly wouldn't call it noob-ish any more than a regular hi-cap, and for sure it saves a lot of effort.

i certainly wouldn't let some guy on youtube put me off using it.

at the end of the day if we all really wanted to make airsoft as realistic as possible we'd all be using 30 round mags :D

i like midcaps, you know where you stand with them- stick it in and blast till its dry then swap to another, but that's just my personal preference.

Thanks for the replies.  I will try a Flash Mag, probably better to start a different thread for advice on those.

Cheers

G

4 hours ago, MisterG said:

Sorry I burst out laughing at this... you discounted flash mags because they are on a noob video. But wanted a drum mag?!? :lol: 

I've been using a flash mag for a while as I can't be bothered with the winding on a normal hicaps anymore, but I don't want to go midcap. 

Absolutely love it and have now ordered another. Best of both worlds in my mind. Quick to load and "prime" yet cheap and high capacity. 

Before asking, on here,  I didn't know the drum mag was also considered noobish too. 

However, if I'm dammed either way, all things being equal I'd rather have 1500 BBs in a mag ^_^

But if the drum mags aren't reliable, probably better off with a flash mag.

Cheers

G

Archived