Tankfest.

Iceni
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

My missus got me ticket for my birthday, Never done it before and she got me the full 3 days.

Anyone done it before?

What are food and drink prices like.

What sort of stalls setup and sell stuff if any.

I've already read the bit about no combat uniforms. How strict are they on this, I often walk about in a military parka, and would probably want the flectarn one in my bag for it if rains.

• Supporters

It's amazing. Did you get the tank driving experience too? I went a couple years ago and had an absolute blast. We didn't buy any food whilst there but there was stalls to buy from. Grills, bars and whatnot. There was a wide range of stuff to buy such as books and surplus. 

The reason they say no uniforms is because when i went a guy turned up in a full SS uniform and caused a bit of a fuss because he was a Youtuber. Some camo shirt is no biggy tho. 

36 minutes ago, Gepard said:

It's amazing. Did you get the tank driving experience too? I went a couple years ago and had an absolute blast. We didn't buy any food whilst there but there was stalls to buy from. Grills, bars and whatnot. There was a wide range of stuff to buy such as books and surplus. 

The reason they say no uniforms is because when i went a guy turned up in a full SS uniform and caused a bit of a fuss because he was a Youtuber. Some camo shirt is no biggy tho. 

Yeah war gaming got a bit offended which is a bit pathetic considering they have the same uniform modelled in their game! 

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Georgeturner2001 said:

Yeah war gaming got a bit offended which is a bit pathetic considering they have the same uniform modelled in their game! 

Oh wait, it was a german tank crewman not SS my mistake. The YouTuber was TheMightyJingles. He does World of Tanks gameplay

Well accommodation is sorted...Found a nice little B&B in Weymouth. Economy class, bunk bed room! So I'm not going to have to top and tail with the fat bloke I call my shooting partner. 4 nights £300 with breakfast. I can live with that. I'll be about a 10 mile drive but it should be from the least congested route London and north side will be the worst.

Should be a good weekend :D

1 hour ago, Gepard said:

Oh wait, it was a german tank crewman not SS my mistake. The YouTuber was TheMightyJingles. He does World of Tanks gameplay

Yeah been a few times as he’s my favourite YouTuber;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters
13 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Balderdash, the best YouTuber is clearly Lindybeige:

https://www.youtube.com/user/lindybeige/search?query=tanks

Mmm, beige.

Love a bit of LindyBiege. Hasn't been uploading much nowadays though. 

On 09/04/2018 at 12:03 AM, Iceni said:

Well accommodation is sorted...Found a nice little B&B in Weymouth. Economy class, bunk bed room! So I'm not going to have to top and tail with the fat bloke I call my shooting partner. 4 nights £300 with breakfast. I can live with that. I'll be about a 10 mile drive but it should be from the least congested route London and north side will be the worst.

Should be a good weekend :D

If you get a chance pop over to Clouds Hill* as well.

Its a bit low key, but is TE Lawrence’s cottage and is just around the corner from the Tan𝚔 museum

*Try not to confuse it with the other clouds hill which is even closer to the museum, but don’t be too disappointed if you make a mistake as the wrong clouds hill is the pub

iam going Saturday to the tank museum for tiger fest 

• 1 month later...

I'm so looking forwards to next weekend!

Weather looks good, Tanks will be rolling out!

Bring it on!

I might be looking through the trader stands as well and seeing if I can pick up a wood kit for either an SLR or the G3.

18 hours ago, Iceni said:

I'm so looking forwards to next weekend!

Weather looks good, Tanks will be rolling out!

Bring it on!

I might be looking through the trader stands as well and seeing if I can pick up a wood kit for either an SLR or the G3.

Ooooh I bet that is gonna look legit with some worm food on there!

47 minutes ago, Duff said:

Ooooh I bet that is gonna look legit with some worm food on there!

Yeah it should look awesome. If I can't find one there I'll be getting one in a few weeks from Zib militaria. Gota get the car insurance out of the way first and finish the M4 (just needs the ordered parts to be complete). So it'll have a wood kit eventually... An SLR kit would actually be a better buy, Can't get those for love nor money atm, G3 kits are easy to get in comparison.

Archived