Home shooting range, anyone?

ibo7
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have a cellar I use for short distance shooting, upto around 7m. It's a bit ghetto but it's enough for pistol fun.

Does anyone else have a homemade range?

Also are there airsoft friendly knockdown targets? I have one but it's more suited for airguns, requiring more power to knockdown the steel targets.

Well here's mine for what it is!

20180217_181207.jpg

20180220_124749.jpg

• Supporters

I print out a piece of paper with a target on it and tape it to a box at the bottom of the garden (30m). Crude, but effective. 

I can get about 6m indoors and have been shooting into a bin full of shredded paper lying on its side on a counter top.

Seems to work ok, rarely bounce out of the bin.

I think I'll print out some paper targets and stick to the mouth of the bin and give that a go.

Cheers

G

Long garden, so can do up to 35m at home (not Airsoft meters lol) BUT an honest 6minute walk from MPA in Hockley so use their short range a lot 

My garden is only 15 metres long.  At least 8 neighbours can see into my garden, so I wouldn't dare take mine outside. 

I'll need to find somewhere with a range nearby.

A4 paper with a target drawn on it taped over the open part of a cardboard box at the end of the garden.

That way I don't have to go around collectiong the spent bb's. 

Are there no airsoft-specific knockdown targets available?

I'd like to add a bit more variation than simple paper targets

You could make cutouts from plywood and mount them on hinges onto a 2x4?

• Supporters

Try gear of war, pretty sure i saw some knock down targets alongside their range of stuff to shoot at.

Dont have the room myself, mostly i just use a mate's field if i need enough range to set the hop but i'd love to be able to have a target range and get more practice in than just on site.

My daughter had wooden animals as a todler, would have been perfect for that.  I think they went to the charity shop though.

Or how about some toy soldiers - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wooden-MDF-Christmas-Toy-Soldier-Shapes-3mm-Thick-Embellishments-Decorations/331901201170?hash=item4d46da6b12:m:mSG_LCM7Ft0h-Vm_enRvrOw

the battle wages on for Toy soldiers

G

• Supporters

250ft garden , 9ft wall at the bottom , privately owned woods on one side and a partially sited old lady with her bed bound husband on the other side , sorted ! :D

Taiwan Gun have some targets .

http://www.taiwangun.com/products/search/language:eng?q=Target

6 hours ago, Druid799 said:

250ft garden , 9ft wall at the bottom , privately owned woods on one side and a partially sited old lady with her bed bound husband on the other side , sorted ! :D

Taiwan Gun have some targets .

http://www.taiwangun.com/products/search/language:eng?q=Target

That's a dream set up! I'd have a full military shooting range with that much space

11 hours ago, ibo7 said:

I have a cellar I use for short distance shooting, upto around 7m. It's a bit ghetto but it's enough for pistol fun.

Does anyone else have a homemade range?

Also are there airsoft friendly knockdown targets? I have one but it's more suited for airguns, requiring more power to knockdown the steel targets.

Well here's mine for what it is!

20180217_181207.jpg

20180220_124749.jpg

Nice, perfect private space really you have there, you could turn that into a perfect little range mate. :)

In our old house, which was all round a nice size house,  I used to have a nice big front and side  and back garden so I used to shoot at home a lot, built a few nice homemade target traps and systems,  then a few years ago the wife decided we should move into a blooming dolls house, our house now is tiny, no front garden and a small 35ft rear garden that's paving everywhere but in a built-up area so I don't tend to shoot outside as the airsoft and airguns echo like crazy and sound like firearms lol.. 

Luckily though I go to a RS firearms club so get to shoot RS stuff there with family but they also have a small airgun and airsoft room/range for a bit of fun target shooting, plinking and IPAS style stuff.. I do something shoot indoors at home though, I stand in my little girls room shoot through the hallway into our bedroom, shooting into a few target holder traps,  but that's getting less and less as the little girl is a teenager and don't want to leave her room much lol.. 

I have some of those mini torso knock down targets they work well and last a long time with the airsoft guns, even the low power Airguns they take the hit well, also what makes great reactivate knock down target are spent shotgun shells, when shot they ping and jump in the air nicely, great fun to shoot and are tough as well, we go clay shooting a fair bit so if you want some let me know, they would be good for your home range.. 

Happy shooting. 

ATB Marc 

Live in a dodgy estate and have a tiny garden anyway so outdoors is out of the question. When I need to test my guns I chuck a shoebox at the bottom end of the garden and shoot from in the living room out of the door. Likely about 15m in length, like I say its not to test range, just that bbs are firing.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, snaggletooth said:

Oh no...

Not one of these nightmare 'leccy boxes.

looks like gas meter to me....;)

think we have one similar....free from Npower....

1 minute ago, djben9 said:

looks like gas meter to me....;)

think we have one similar....free from Npower....

Oh no wait, you're right. They're ALSO awful. Not as bad as the leccy one I'm thinking of but Christ they're up there.

Archived