New in bristol

Puciek
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Well, not quite exactly new, I used to play about a decade and a bit ago back in the old country. Different times (and place) though, where most people ran around with springs, and some elite could afford electric replicas which did cost about 1 monthly average salary for the stock RIF alone, mostly plastic one.

What I did love about it, and missed since moving on from that town to one without airsoft community, is the thrill, the meeting great people with whom I always had a blast and on top of that it was a great way to stay in shape. So with that in mind, and getting older (oh the thirties) I go unto to breach once more. Got myself a two-tone m16 raider from G&G, seems pretty well reviewed and was 110 quid with quite a few bonuses (and even if I play only 5 games in 2 months, that is very much break-even as rental around Bristol seems to be 20quid/day) like balls, mask etc, some MOLLE vest and pouches and tomorrow evening I am rolling with https://bristolairsoft.com/.

I am a bit anxious, never played with electric one before (besides few short skirmishes on a loaner) and it was ages ago, pretty sure that the games here are a whole different beast. But I also can't wait to get back into the fray, so wish me luck!

• Supporters

Welcome back! :)

I've played at Bristol Airsoft a few times. Usually whenever I visit my Dad. It's a good site. I've always had a fun day when I went. 

You can't go wrong with a CM16 Raider. Excellent choice to get you back into the game.

Welcome! having never played with a springer I can't really compare them, but I got a G&G for my first AEG and have been very pleased with it. Enjoy! 

• Supporters

@Arwen Your missing out. We did an in game side game, our 5 guys with 5 first cheap springers(£20 bought 5), challenge was you couldn’t use your primary until you got a kill with the springer. 

Adds a really fun dimension to the game. Add to this it was a woodland game, and you can understand it was difficult. 

However I thoroughly enjoyed it, managed to get my kill, embarressed the guy in front of all of his friends, and had a great laugh doing it.

If you go with a group, I would highly recommend trying something similar.

I was going to buy £8 springer shot gun that taiwan gun were doing for a laugh, but thy sold out. I'll probably pick one up at some point. I do enjoying running around with a couple of pistols and getting sneaky kills!  

There’s the thing, I have a tri-shoot CYMA with loads of shotgun mags, it’s a great laugh, but I only target shoot or practical pistol, so it doesn’t get used much lol

Thanks for the warm welcome!

And indeed spring has it's charm, where you have to rely on sneaking as your range is, at best, 30meters. And at most you can fire up few rounds in rapid succession before you feel like biting your arm off :D. This was a highend: https://shop.ehobbyasia.com/tokyo-marui-mp5a3-spring-smg.html of our battlefield, as good as springs got :D.

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

Okay so as the big day is tomorrow instead of preparing and practising with the gear on I am reading all the horror stories of people who get into trouble for carrying even two-tone replicas in bags. Now I am wondering if it's such good idea to just pack all the gear into my tac bag (don't have sports bag big enough to fit the replica in unless I want to deconstruct it) or to save myself the potential hassle of being stopped/searched/arrested and spring for an uber.

Thoughts? Or am I just overthinking it based on internet scare?

• Supporters

Well you could.....

Split Raider by popping pin by mag,

then it will fit in bag with no real risk of stuff poking out

saves risk of people going nutz if barrel sticks out perhaps

Or buy yourself soon a proper gun bag/case - heck borrow a guitar bag

Yup, could be a bit twitchy with all alerts n stuff but honestly

most nutters & criminals would be packing pistols or other items/devices to use

Just ensure it is well covered up with no risk of a barrel sticking out on public transport

(get a gun bag for about £25/30 sooner rather than later is wisest move tbh)

Carry ID or booking form just in case you are stopped

pack loads of common sense & there shouldn't be a SWAT team on you

You sound sensible - I'm sure you will be fine sir

it is the twats who show off their toy guns without thinking that can mess stuff up

even though it's a 2-tone, likely green rail, flash hider, pistol grip maybe & stock

some people might still get jumpy, but nah think you will be ok if you pack common sense

Thanks for that Sitting duck!

I have a proper gun bag, but it's camo and obviously, well, a gun bag so I was unsure what sort of reaction would that elect. There is no chance of anything sticking out, but the bag alone makes it at least for me clear what's inside.

What about moving in some gear, like tac vest or chest rig? Those generally are harder to pack, and will probably draw eyes, or maybe not as back in Poland people didn't react to them at all - they did to seeing a replica but didn't seem to pay much attention to BDU/Alice.

And good catch on printing out the confirmation, doing that now :).

Well, maybe not so much space as I just managed to shoe it in into the 2nd gun compartment of the tac bag :D. Guess can go full civil, except for the camo tac bag and a black gym bag for the helmet :D.

NyHLHMa.jpg

• Supporters

C'mon it could be a fishing rod in there and you going fishing wearing "some" gear....

vest/rig - if poss in bag or coat over you if you don't cook

but a bit of army loadout is quite common

packages or bags - try be a little subtle if possible but most people will be too busy to notice

unless it is really obvious or misleading.....

Wife's Xmas present - she was disappointed to see it was a new Dyson vacuum cleaner ???

Image result for wife xmas vacuum cleaner funny

You are right mate, that's probably why I posted here just to be proven wrong as my brain goes for the worst possible scenario, and can be very skewed towards it. But cool, thanks for all the help and may your BBs always fly straight :). Hopefully, tomorrow will be a great fun!

• Supporters

Here's a good thread you should read through:

Archived