What BBs to use?

MisterG
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi

Any advise on where to get good, reasonably priced 0.20g BBs?

Lots of different brands to choose from.

Working my way through a 5000 bag from Kingdom Airsoft, but will need some more soon.

These will be used in a G36c AEG.

Cheers

G

• Supporters

I wouldn't use anything below .25g. ASG are my go-to.

Any difference between ASG Cursed or Blasted?

They seem to have a similar rating on Amazon

Also saw somewhere that hop-up will need adjusting if you change the weight of the BB. Is that right?

• Head Moderator

0.25g ASG Blaster are my usual cheap BBs, not noticed a difference using Devils except price.  There are other topics about this, try a search (3 character minimum length).

Yes, you need to adjust your hop-up for the weight of BBs being used.

Where do you get them from? 

Price seems higher on Amazon when compared to dedicated airsoft sites, but some of the other sites I checked have high postage costs or don't tell you unless you start the order process.

Cheers

G

Thanks

Though might be too many for me, if I buy in bulk from them.

~£76 pounds for 36000 BBs, vs about £95 on Amazon, but would take me years to use that much.

The 9000 pack is a similar per BB price to Amazon, £15.98 for 6000

Funny thing is these are sold by Bullseye Country Sport via Amazon, but it's more expensive to buy direct from their website.

Got a 3 pack from Ebay in the end.  I'll use out the .20g BBs when I play CBQ.  Probably at the Mall.  As the crow flies Bunker 51 would be closer, but would probably take longer and I don't fancy lugging all that kit on the tube, or worse yet getting stopped.

Cheers

G

You'd save yourself a lot of time if you treated the Google search bar like you treat a New Topic button here.

Literally dude, type ".25g bb uk" and the first 5 results are good.

Hi

I always google before posting here. 

However, as a new player, I sometime struggle to interpret or filter the results correctly.  When googling for BBs most of the advice is US centric.  Add UK to the query and most links direct you to sellers' websites, and I would not know from that if it is a good brand just from their say so.

My orginal question was around .20g BBs, and had I not asked here I would have simply gone and bought .20s instead of .25s, after having spent loads of time sifting through combinations of brands and prices on various websites.

On 08/04/2018 at 8:53 PM, MisterG said:

Where do you get them from? 

Price seems higher on Amazon when compared to dedicated airsoft sites, but some of the other sites I checked have high postage costs or don't tell you unless you start the order process.

Cheers

G

As I said in my orginal question lots to chose from, and the above was posted after googling around and looking at various websites.

Most of the recent posts from me on this topic show prices, which came from websites which were obtained from google.  I've posted updates on where I got the .25s from in case it helps other new players, who might not want to buy a few years worth of BBs.

But as I am probably spending too much time on here, I give it a miss for a while.

Cheers

G

Archived