Newbie Setting sights

Lnerjp
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

How do people set there sights up on a Airsoft gun. I have a straight out the box CYMA M14 with a red dot fitted and at 20 Meters I can just about hit a dinner plate sized target.

What sort of accuracy should I expect?

I have maxed out on the elevation adjustment of the red dot which is mounted on a 0.8" riser, but the rifle still shoots a bit high, how can I correct this?

How do you know whether to adjust the sights or hop up?

Cheers

J.P.

If your rifle comes with iron sights, take the red dot off and adjust the hopup first to hit from the distance you want, get that accurate and then reattach the sight and adjust it after

Barrel already given a good clean (Rag with Silicon spray, followed by a dry rag and then a mag fired through).

OK will remove red dot and start again with hop up, is 20 meters a long enough range to set hop up accurately, when all set up what sort of grouping should I expect on a factory barrel?

Cheers

J.P.

For the love of god don’t put silicone anywhere near your barrel/ hop. 

Clean the barrel.

without using the sights, fire and adjust the hop to get the flattest trajectory of the BB.

fire and then adjust the iron sights until you BB goes where you aim. 

If you’ve got a dot and it co-witness’ with the irons you can line them up and you should be on the money. Failing that you’ll have to zero it separately. 

Clean> hop> sights

Strange, that's what it says to use in my gun's manual, i.e., Silicone Oil.

Archived