Best reusable grenade? Thinking about a TRMR.

Allen428
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I’ve only used disposable pyro before, but I am in the market for a reusable grenade now I’m starting to do more cqb. I’m thinking about getting a TRMR is this worth while or is there a better alternative?

I've used both a BFG and now the TRMR, it's a lot easier to use the TRMR but you gotta use it in the right conditions, as some outdoor sites the ground may be too soft for reliable detonation, if you don't mind that then the TRMR is a lovely bit of kit and the primers are cheap as anything, but if you can't possibly cope with missing a potential kill then a BFG would be the better choice, also feels a bit safer rolling a BFG down a corridor than the TRMR, just in case you get the release height or trajectory a bit off and end up prematurely detonating haha

• Supporters

Indoors: TRMR, ideally with the tri shot base.

Outdoors: Dynatex timed.

In either case, bought from stock from a reputable retailer.  The SWAT VTG (a Dynatex copy) is currently being made to order on a schedule that suits them.

39 minutes ago, Gimli said:

I've used both a BFG and now the TRMR, it's a lot easier to use the TRMR but you gotta use it in the right conditions, as some outdoor sites the ground may be too soft for reliable detonation, if you don't mind that then the TRMR is a lovely bit of kit and the primers are cheap as anything, but if you can't possibly cope with missing a potential kill then a BFG would be the better choice, also feels a bit safer rolling a BFG down a corridor than the TRMR, just in case you get the release height or trajectory a bit off and end up prematurely detonating haha

Was thinking of getting TRMR for indoor cqb and building/structures at outdoor sites and stick to mk5’s outside

Just now, Allen428 said:

Was thinking of getting TRMR for indoor cqb and building/structures at outdoor sites and stick to mk5’s outside

It will work outside, don't get me wrong, but if the mud is too soft it might not strike the primer solidly enough, but it will be perfect for indoor and in structures

• Supporters

Also a +1 from me for the TRMR and the good old Dynatec both are a nice bit of kit .

I also find the TRMR can be a bit ‘iffy’ out doors but I’ve also got an oshiboom and even though it’s an impact as well I found it’s not as temperament on soft ground , which is good ! ;)

just acquired an AlphaTec 6-shot so be giving the at a go at my next CQB day . 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

just acquired an AlphaTec 6-shot so be giving the at a go at my next CQB day . 

Jealousy intensifies.  That looks like a brilliant idea in principle.  It's a shame that they gave up on it.

I’m going to try and order a TRMR from somewhere, thanks for all the replies 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

Jealousy intensifies.  That looks like a brilliant idea in principle.  It's a shame that they gave up on it.

Have they ? Didn’t know that , that’s a shame as yes is a good idea .

Picked 2 up for £100 of a chap that was unfortunately having to give up S’ofting , also picked up a very nice TM 226E2 , 2x extra mags , tac light , safariland holster ALL in a very nice little hard case for £150 ! Sorry to profit from someone else’s misfortune but gift horses and all that ? 

• Supporters
16 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Have they [given up on the Alpha Tec hex grenade]?

Seems so.  Their Facebook page hasn't been updated in over 2 years and the comments are just folk saying "Where's my grenade?"

Sadly their web site is still up and will cheerfully take your money, promising "same day dispatch". :(

• Supporters

Well fornicate ! That’s bit of a poo to say the least ! :angry:

ISo these were really one of my big motivations for Airsoft. Love anything that goes "BANG!"

I have the Dynatex BFG Timed and the Impact versions. The Timed Grenade has a tonne of uses and the Impact has different scenarios where it should be useful but the first time I used one in skirmish i pulled out the Impact and it landed in soft mud which cost me a trip to respawn. Was gutted as I landed it within 5m of pretty much the whole enemy team!

I have had a few kills with the Timed Grenade now and I love it.

I managed to buy a Tornado Grenade which is a whole lot of fun and has a Burst Function too but this is too fiddly to rearm in the field. I will end up buying another Timed BFG!

Only issue it that they need to be thrown underarm at my regular site so you dont get the range.

• Supporters

I'm starting to get regrets about not throwing another Dynatex timed into the ZeroOne order I've just made.. ;)

On holsters, it really is very simple to DIY a grenade holster from a sheet of 2mm eBay kydex.  Just make a card template, cut the kydex to match, warm it in an oven, wrap it around the grenade with a towel, and wait for it to cool.  It's lovely stuff to work with.

• Supporters

And further to this fine chaps assertion of how easy it is (and it is !) , here’s one I knocked together last night ! 

Only diffrence is I use a hot air gun and welders gloves to heat and manipulate the kydex .

91EFCEDC-2E3A-4403-B627-99BEB71CBA33.jpeg

I must admit, I'm kinda dubious about using nades. I've seen enough airsoft fail videos watching twats lose their fingers. I have no clue how to use mine and I'm not sure I like the idea of it going off in my pocket or hand prematurely.

Oh my BFG has went off in my hand multiple times. I'm well practiced at killing myself in Airsoft :lol:

It's just loud and it's a sorta pulse feeling when it goes off. I suspect if you are silly enough to hold it by the top and cover the vents it might burn/sting a bit. But you really should never hold it that way anyways

• Supporters

Sure, a BFG just bangs and spurts a bit.  I've had one go off under my groin while crouching in a tower, and very little got blown off.

I mean... nothing got blown off.  Not that something little got... you get the idea.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Duff said:

I must admit, I'm kinda dubious about using nades. I've seen enough airsoft fail videos watching twats lose their fingers. I have no clue how to use mine and I'm not sure I like the idea of it going off in my pocket or hand prematurely.

this happened to my mate with a thunder b, turns out an impact (such as say throwing it to him without pulling the pin) results in a minor cartridge puncture and a detonation after about a minute.

i dislike impact grenades/timed grenades that dont have a spoon, i'm forever concious that you pull the pin and instabang

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Oh, I like the hooky bit at the back, very nice.

Got a double notted piece of bungee cord through the base , then once it’s threaded down the molle on what ever it’s going on you just push the loop up the strip and it ‘locks on’ in too the two notches .

Job done . 

2 hours ago, Duff said:

14 plus yrs of using disposables and re-usable’s only injury’s I’ve ever come across we’re ALL the players own fault , one burnt his bollox when he put an un-struck smoke in a trouser pocket and there was a striker loose in the pocket ! Second burnt his hand after striking a thunder flash then taking too long to throw it . And the third one he tried catching an incoming grenade to throw it back , but unfortunately for him it was an impact not timed so went off when he caught it !

So hopefully from these three ‘experiences’ of grenade injury’s I’ve come across you can see the injured players were all nominees for the Darwin awards and as long as your not acting like a right cockwomble with them Nades are quite safe to use ! :D

I have two TRMR’s and they are fantastic indoors - especially at sites that allow the mag flash rounds. I am about to head out the door to collect my multishot base from the post office for it now. 

I also ordered a SWAT VTG to use outdoors. Its been about 2 weeks since I ordered it and other than a confirmation email I have got nothing else. I have sent roughly 10 emails asking for updates and got no reply. I have phoned them 3 times and left a message and my number and got no reply. I tried again about an hour ago and finally someone answered the phone to explain they had a backlog of orders and that they would be building more this weekend and ‘hopefully’ my grenade would be one of the ones that got built. 

Total disaster of a company. 

29 minutes ago, AlMcCann said:

I also ordered a SWAT VTG to use outdoors. Its been about 2 weeks since I ordered it and other than a confirmation email I have got nothing else. I have sent roughly 10 emails asking for updates and got no reply. I have phoned them 3 times and left a message and my number and got no reply. I tried again about an hour ago and finally someone answered the phone to explain they had a backlog of orders and that they would be building more this weekend and ‘hopefully’ my grenade would be one of the ones that got built

Heard this a lot about this company. I got a VTG for my Christmas. Apparently the order went through and it was delivered in less than a week. I can't help but wonder if maybe the more popular colours are simply not made enough, causing the back log. 

I got a yellow one... :rolleyes:

• Supporters
1 hour ago, AlMcCann said:

SWAT VTG

Oh dear.  Sorry to hear this.  I do expect that you will get it eventually, but they are a clownshoes outfit. I wouldn't mind if they were up front about them being made to order, or even if they told folk once they had our money, but I guess that's too much bother.

If I get another timed BFG it'll be a Dynatex from a retailer.

Oh, and: https://www.asa.org.uk/make-a-complaint.html

Archived