'nades

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

so, as some of you might recall from my thread in the uk law section that i'm on the verge of giving up on gas grenades, the thunder be is getting it's last chance in the form of a striker fire conversion (complete re-work of the interior so it'll use standard seals and have the power to actually penetrate a co2 cartridge)

so i was down at the local shop today having a chat, and they had some good info on the legal situation for pyros and blanks in northern ireland, there's a form to download and fill out and potentially they might pop round and check how the stuff is being stored.

the local shop is planning to maintain a stock of 9mm and shotgun blanks, so those would be my options if i were do go for something like this, but i've not much knowledge of what brands out there are good to look at for bfg's.

preferably i like 3 things:

i pull the pin and throw the 'nade

around 3s later there's a loud bang

around 3s later you hear "what the ******* **** was that!?" from various bushes in the vicinity.

and as long as these 3 things happen in order on a regular basis i'll be a happy hamster, an even happier one if i find out if enola gaye will ship to ni with one of these forms (i want me some smokes, biguns :P )

so, anyone got any reccomendations?

55 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

so, as some of you might recall from my thread in the uk law section that i'm on the verge of giving up on gas grenades, the thunder be is getting it's last chance in the form of a striker fire conversion (complete re-work of the interior so it'll use standard seals and have the power to actually penetrate a co2 cartridge)

so i was down at the local shop today having a chat, and they had some good info on the legal situation for pyros and blanks in northern ireland, there's a form to download and fill out and potentially they might pop round and check how the stuff is being stored.

the local shop is planning to maintain a stock of 9mm and shotgun blanks, so those would be my options if i were do go for something like this, but i've not much knowledge of what brands out there are good to look at for bfg's.

preferably i like 3 things:

around 3s later you hear "what the ******* **** was that!?" from various bushes in the vicinity.

and as long as these 3 things happen in order on a regular basis i'll be a happy hamster, an even happier one if i find out if enola gaye will ship to ni with one of these forms (i want me some smokes, biguns :P )

so, anyone got any reccomendations?

Yup i have a TRMR  wich is impact. Its great for quick deployment very reliable. I also have a swat vtg once again pretty reliable and more like a true grenade to use having a 3.5 second delay. You can also have them serviced by swat for 15 quid i think they may have a 2 year guarantee but please check this as its somthing i seem to recall rather than a definate. Both grenades are Cheap to run if you use .209 primers its arround 6p yes 6 pence per bang. Then .315 blanks fpr as little as 10 pence per bang. 9mm blanks around 30 to 40 pence per bang. 12 gange thunder flashes are around £1.20 but my god they are loud. Some of the adapter will come with the grenade some you may have to buy seperatly. The .315 however are quite to get hold of but if you can either use or know someone who can use a lathe then extreemly easy to fabricate. As i said i use both and find that although either could do the job having the option in how you use it is a definate advantage

Hope this helps

• Supporters
13 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Dynatex timed.  Although there is some risk of .209 primers not being noticed in a noisy outdoor environment.

• Supporters
9 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Dynatex timed.  Although there is some risk of .209 primers not being noticed in a noisy outdoor environment.

hmmm

does the primer come with the rest of a shotgun blank? because that's where i'm thinking :P

Archived