Removing tint from glasses

Gepard
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Bit off topic, but here's hoping some of you might have a solution. 

I've never liked using these lenses because it's got this horrible tint on it but unfortunately my clear ones are a bit scratched so I played a round with these last week until the sun came out and I switched them out for a dark tint. 

I took a shot to the face as you can see which removed some of the tint. This got me thinking if there was a way to remove it completely. Would be nice to have another clear lense to use. 

Any ideas? 

20180406_162906.jpg

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Keep shooting bb’s at ‘em lol

I knew somebody would say that. :D

9 minutes ago, Tormen7ed said:

Don't know if this helps? Could work i guess.

https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf97197303.tip.html

Bleach and hot water? Sounds.. interesting. I'll give it a go tonight. Thanks. 

• Supporters

Race you.  My new fan vented goggles (Gucci, me) came with a dark tinted lens and, well, Scotchland.  They're soaking in bleach in tin foil tray just now.

• Supporters
12 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Race you.  My new fan vented goggles (Gucci, me) came with a dark tinted lens and, well, Scotchland.  They're soaking in bleach in tin foil tray just now.

Any luck? Didn't have any effect on mine. 

• Supporters

That's a hard "no" from me.  Black sludge in the bottom of the tin, but no appreciable lightening of the lens.  My assumption is that the sludge is lens material rather than a surface tint and the only way to lighten them would be to dissolve significant amounts of it.  Which would be a baaaaad idea.  Lens binned, experiment concluded.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

That's a hard "no" from me.  Black sludge in the bottom of the tin, but no appreciable lightening of the lens.  My assumption is that the sludge is lens material rather than a surface tint and the only way to lighten them would be to dissolve significant amounts of it.  Which would be a baaaaad idea.  Lens binned, experiment concluded.

I suppose an opticians might be able to do something with it but I'm really not that arsed. I've still got 3 lenses to use. Smoke, yellow and clear. 

Archived