I've never sent an RIF in the mail before

JimJamJar
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've received plenty, but I've never sent one.

I have a CM.028U with a few mags and an angled foregrip I'd like to sell but I've never sold an RIF.

What's the best way to go about this? When posting, is it okay to declare the item as an airsoft rifle? How do I ensure I receive payment? What's the safest way to receive the funds for purchase?

All help and tips are appreciated, I don't want to create a listing when I'm unsure how to get the RIF to the other person as safely as possible.

Thanks!

When I sent my pistol off for work I put it in a box marked *airsoft toy* and sent it by Parcelforce. No issues and received them in the same manner.

• Root Admin

Parcelforce 48 will take it as long as it's declared as an airsoft gun of some description. I prefer to order a collection for this reason using Parcel Monkey (or any of the parcel middleman services) as it saves explaining it over the desk at the Post Office (also it's only like a quid more and I'm lazy).

Also you might want to use the search for this sort of thing as it's been asked a lot before :)

For payment: Use PayPal and ship once you've received it. As you're the seller you're not too bothered what the buyer uses to pay you frankly. Bank transfer is one of the only ways they have no recourse but PayPal is the go to for most as it's reasonably safe. Add the tracking to the PayPal transaction when you ship it and make sure the address they send you on PayPal is the one you use when posting it.

• Supporters

+1 to ParcelForce48. I've used them a couple times when sending RIFs and never had an issue with them. Just declare what it is and wrap it securely and you'll be fine. 

I use PayPal unless it's a collection. Gives you the ability to get your money back if things go tits up if you choose 'paying for a service'.

Someone please edit the title of this thread I keep having seizures each time I read "an RIF."

• Supporters

Needs changed to "a IF".

UPS apparently have no problem shipping RIFs, but I would rather just fling it in a ditch and tell the buyer to claim their money back than trust them to actually deliver it.

Archived