Thoughts on JG AEGs

kubskihqs
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Soooo i want to get myself a backup gun but i have mixed feelings about JG. i find people saying stuff like plastic bushings and cheap feel of the externals, cracking gearbox shell and stuff like that but some people say they are ok. what you think abou this mp5 from JG because thats what i want to get now?
https://gunfire.pl/product-eng-1152217117-JG806-Submachine-Gun-Replica.html

• Supporters

The JG G36C is great. Haven't had the opportunity to play with the one you linked though. I suppose the quality varies - just like CYMA. 

What's your primary?

• Supporters

I had a brief play with the JG067 slidey-stock variant of that and couldn't fault it on short acquaintance.  Accurate, smooth and the suppressor actually works, I could barely hear it shooting.  I have mild regrets about going for my CYMA M4 over it as a first AEG, but I was chiselling every penny at the time as I thought airsoft could be a cheap hobby. :lol:

I'm in the pemultimate stages of building mine. It's a JG M4 receiver with stock internals, a telescopic stock and rubberised pistol grip. Currentlty awaiting on the other bits; MOE rail, CYMA barrel, APS compensator, foregrip, delta ring etc...

I was literally in the garage a moment ago giving it its last coat of paint. I will see how it performs and might upgrade to a Lipo depending on how I feel.

• Supporters

Can't comment on the mp5/m4's, but a teammate had an aug, the military scoped model, & it served him well for years, & handling it felt as good as our TM & ca versions.

They're nothing fancy, but they're reliable. Brothers JG g36c hasn't missed a beat all year. Arguably the most hassle free (and cheapest at £90) airsoft gun i've ever bought. 

m14 is really good but with cyma you get what you paid for the quality control and finish is no where near as good as anything Japanese or Taiwanese manufactures so there is a much higher chance of flaws or out the box failure but the guns are a third the price.

My son has a JG MP5 and I think it's great, I did end up re-wiring it for him so he could have the battery in a fore grip, because it was stripped I also shimmed the gearbox and fitted a Titan mosfet, performance is now great. It persuaded me to buy a MP5 of my own, but I got a CYMA one which even though it has a all metal receiver is no where near as good. I am fairly new to airsoft (6 months in) and on a budget, but his JG seems value for money to me. Oh and none of the bushes are plastic.

J.P.

Archived