proffrink

New feature: A Hasty (re)Entry Into Classifieds

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and probably forgotten) thread.

The old Classifieds were the bane of my life.  So anything has to be better.  Adding a location will help save some questions, although now locked down I do not have to suffer the "where you located" posts, etc.

Will see how it works out.

Very nice! First impressions are good. I especially like the 'questions & answers' area and the option to view other listings by the same user. Location is a nice touch, too. It's the little things. 

What's the format like for multiple pictures? Can't tell on the example post as there's only one.

Looks nice. Completely switched up to a different ball game with that one prof

Liking the make an offer too option too

Will need to make sure that any auto repeat system does not just 'bump' a sales topic indefinitely.

7 day 'renewal' of your topic (which you'll be prompted to do) without the need to make a 'bump' comment

The current system does mean a seller has to make the effort to bump and shows the topic is active. There are new members who make some sales topics and then never come back to the forum or no activity by them for months. Which is why I close down all sales after 3 months of no activity by a seller.  Realistically a good seller will regularly bump their sales and let us know when something is sold.

I believe that it would be good to have an auto close feature so that if there has been no  activity from the seller for 60 days (2 months) their topic closes and is removed. 

5 minutes ago, proffrink said:

It's not automatic. One does have to click something to relist it. I believe there's a short grace period to relist it and then it's closed automatically.

I like that feature, stops people needing to ask "sfs" etc. Not that they can now, unless by PM.

"I LIKE it !!!" - Robocop bad guy

Looking good!!

Some issues addressed in a suitable way it seems.

Lovely stuff!

I've seen a fair few people posting in the old subforum, but also seen a couple post in the new classifieds and the old forums (which is understandable).

What I've done is had the new classifieds post a thread for you when you make an advertisement there. People with threads already in the classifieds won't be affected, but they're right now locked to posting so as to not end up with duplicates. I've also adjusted the notice on these forums so that people hopefully realise what's going on.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and probably forgotten) thread.